Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,487 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 18 September 2016 - 01:52 AM

OU will drop more going 1-2. 

OSU will kick their butts(hopefully). 

FSU is definitely dropping after looking like a bunch of high school kids out there. 

#22 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:44 AM

Any chance OSU can jump Bama? The highest ranked team on their schedule is like 15. Pfft, SEC... :ph34r:

#23 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,487 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 18 September 2016 - 01:11 PM

Any chance OSU can jump Bama? The highest ranked team on their schedule is like 15. Pfft, SEC... :ph34r:

No. Bama just defeating #19 on the road?

FSU will drop several spots

OU will drop, if remain on the chart

Iowa will drop

Texas will drop.........maybe, Texas barely lost on the road to unranked. Being only #11, higher teams will drop like rocks but lower will probably jump 'em and take their places. Perhaps leaving 'em in the same neighborhood.

Oregon will drop, barely lost on road to unranked but since more higher ranked teams won ahead of them and those losing teams won't fall that far back. 

JMO

#24 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:33 AM

Week 4 Rankings

1. Alabama

2. OhioSt

3. Lville

4. Michigan

5. Clemson

6. UofH

7. Stanford

8. MichSt

9. Washington

10. TxAM

11. Wisc

12. Georgia

13. FSU

14. Tenn

15. Miami

16. Baylor

17. Arkansas

18. LSU

19. Florida

20. Nebraska

21. Texas

22. SDSU

23. OleMiss

24. Utah

25. OU

#25 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

Wolverines are still overranked right now.

Teams that spread us out give us fits.

I'm not looking real forward to playing the Suckeyes.

Subject to change if Harbaugh coaches 'em up in the coming weeks

fmj-blanket-party-o.gif

#26 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:36 PM

Big Ten gonna beat eachother up the next few weeks.

If I remember correctly from when I checked a week or two ago, the next three games for Wisconsin(11) are up against MSU(8), UM(4), and OSU(2).

If Wisconsin only loses 1 game during that stretch, do they belong in the top 10? Quality loss right?

#27 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:36 AM

Big Ten gonna beat eachother up the next few weeks.

If I remember correctly from when I checked a week or two ago, the next three games for Wisconsin(11) are up against MSU(8), UM(4), and OSU(2).

If Wisconsin only loses 1 game during that stretch, do they belong in the top 10? Quality loss right?

Well, it wasn't necessarily a quality win verse Georgia State last weekend, nor one against LSU with that trash at QB along with the coaches (the coaches still suck, but the marginal play from Etling compared to what Harris was providing is easily showing a drastic difference in actual full team performances).

Don't know why so many in the media are desperate to jump on the BigTen bandwagon, no other conference has played more cupcakes throughout their conference than the BigTen in the first 3 weeks, and even in this 'good year' they are having they currently have 4 wins against ranked opponents... meanwhile in this 'bad year' the SEC is having they currently have 5 wins against ranked teams.

OSU and MichSt are the only programs I would take seriously when it comes to still being alive to compete for a playoff spot.

#28 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

I agree with you in Ohio State but Michigan State simply shouldn't be in the mix. They'll be revealed to be the frauds that they are by the end of the year

I've been saying all along the Wolverines are overrated so far and I still stand on that but I tell you this they are legitimate shot for a playoff spot before Michigan state is

fmj-blanket-party-o.gif

#29 jordanjssr

jordanjssr

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:01 PM

Still too early for any conference. It is not even October yet lol.

I will say I am raising an eyebrow at Washington. They might be the Pac only shot at playoffs. Stanford being Stanford, they will get upset and/or beat twice. Its what they do.

Big 12 is done in September, maybe they should call the whole conference off.

The only thing I will say because I know Louisville has came out of nowhere. I think Florida State just got caught taking them too light, and I don't think FSU is as good as everyone thinks. The last ranked team FSU beat was Georgia Tech(37-35) in the 2014 ACC championship game. Florida was ranked 10th* last year, but that team was vastly over ranked for the injuries it had sustained earlier in the season. So if FSU had not beat a ranked team in a year and a half, why was they ranked #2?

Don't believe me?

1/1/2015 Oregon 59 FSU 20

12/31/2015 Houston 38 FSU 24

11/7/2015 Clemson 23 FSU 13

It is shaping up to be an ACC/SEC/Big10 playoff. If Louisville upsets Houston, someone will be probably double dipping. Maybe Alabama can win a national title without a SEC title again. (ducks)

Football was killed by the shield.

#30 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:28 AM

Idk about MSU. I think UM has a better shot than MSU. Who knows though.

Will there ever be a year where 2 teams from the same conference get into a 4 team playoff?

• cowboyfan927 likes this

#31 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:36 AM

Maybe Alabama can win a national title without a SEC title again. (ducks)

... i just scheduled another appointment with my shrink; i thought i was over it, but after looking at the destruction to my office after reading your comment jordan, helped me realize i still have some lingering unresolved issues.   :wacko:   ;)

#32 jordanjssr

jordanjssr

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:29 PM

Idk about MSU. I think UM has a better shot than MSU. Who knows though.

Will there ever be a year where 2 teams from the same conference get into a 4 team playoff?

Logically I think the only thing keeping a conference from getting 2 teams this year is Houston and Washington/Stanford. I think it has already progressed to that point.

Now on who might get 2 in. I think you would need to be on a run if you didn't win your conference championship. That would probably eliminate a Michigan/Ohio State loser in the last week of the season. As opposed to say if Texas A & M and Arkansas  both go undefeated the rest of the season, but one has to lose this weekend. In theory, you would have teams on 8 and 12 game winning streaks. It would be hard to overlook that in a momentum thing. Keep in mind voters tend to vote with what they saw LAST.

• C42 likes this
Football was killed by the shield.

#33 uvaballa

uvaballa

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,243 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:34 AM

That LSU vs Auburn game had a crazy finish.
2r7n7m0.jpg

#34 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:35 AM

should be nothing crazy for Miles to be finally FINISHED  :D

#35 uvaballa

uvaballa

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,243 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:55 AM

should be nothing crazy for Miles to be finally FINISHED :D

I don't watch many SEC games but I saw the end of that game. Offenses was struggling.
2r7n7m0.jpg

#36 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:14 AM

I don't watch many SEC games but I saw the end of that game. Offenses was struggling.

The only reason the LSU offenses struggle is b/c they have a triple negative to deal with:  well below average QB development, uncreative coordination, and a laughable head coach over-seeing it all.

Just watch the LSU WR #15 on the last drive alone... he was open for not 1, not 2, but at least 3 different TD catching opportunities due to blown coverages.  And don't even get me started on how you can have 2 RBs averaging over 8 yards a carry yet the continuous stupid coaching decisions through the game to not give them the ball resulting in drives stalling = it just makes you want to puke.

#37 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:54 AM

Is Wisconsin legit? They got UM and OSU next. Just beat MSU.

#38 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:26 AM

Is Wisconsin legit? They got UM and OSU next. Just beat MSU.

I have them in the same category as the majority of the "top30" teams in the country = 1 week look decent, next week look like a joke, the following week look awesome, and the next week questionable....

I still think if LSU would've just gotten a fan from the stands to play QB (and locked Les Miles in a locker during halftime) they wouldve won that game against the Badgers, so its hard for me to consider a team that barely won against that LSU trash system an 'elite team'.

Right now, I think Louisville and OleMiss would give us the most entertaining national title match, but we all know Saban Incorporated will be involved in some way.

• C42 likes this

#39 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:46 AM

I have them in the same category as the majority of the "top30" teams in the country = 1 week look decent, next week look like a joke, the following week look awesome, and the next week questionable....

I still think if LSU would've just gotten a fan from the stands to play QB (and locked Les Miles in a locker during halftime) they wouldve won that game against the Badgers, so its hard for me to consider a team that barely won against that LSU trash system an 'elite team'.

Right now, I think Louisville and OleMiss would give us the most entertaining national title match, but we all know Saban Incorporated will be involved in some way.

As an OSU fan, if they best UM next week I'm gonna be a little worried about our game the following week after that.

Plus we will have to play them again in the the Big Ten championship game if we make it there too.

#40 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,094 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:29 AM

This pretty much sums up that crazy ending to a game:

uJgo7lw.jpg

eoXUBLv.gif

lol

• uvaballa and C42 like this

Qm9qBfi.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users