You are here

Photo

dont blame defense for this loss

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#41 Sobe

Sobe

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

dont blame the defense? they let two receivers up over 100 yards and gave up over 100 to turner.

thats 3 players each over 100 yards....thats not on tony romo

They can rack up all the yards they want.. as long as its not in the Endzone.. Did any of their WR or TE have a TD??? NOPE.

We had 2 100+ WR 100+yd TE last week and still lost... who cares how many yards WE or they GAIN as long as you keep them out of endzone... like they kept us out.

#42 jeff123561

jeff123561

Rookie

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

yeah. They piled up yards but we gave up 4 FGs & 1 TD.. Against a stacked Falcons team.. We should've won this.. If Scandrick makes that open field tackle we have a shot at tying or straight up winning. Our offense was non existent for all but 2-3 drives.. You can't realistically expect even NFL history's best ever defense to shut out & shut down every team week after week. If that we're possible teams like Pitt, SF, BAL, NYG '85 Bears, etc... Would be undefeated every year.. The defense did its job for the majority of the game. They bent. but didnt break until the end. JGs play calling wasted a decent defensive performance. The offense did not execute as well as the D tonight. IMHO

You have to stop someone in order to win and the whole bent but didnt break thing is useless since we lost the game so im going with they broke
Posted Image

#43 T.Landrylivesforever

T.Landrylivesforever

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

If you would've told me we were holding them to 19 points at their place I'd be happy.

Exactly. Look guys.The defense played very well considering we didn't have Lee in the middle and are suffering injuries on that side of the ball.It just goes to show WHO has control of their unit and who doesn't. (see a certain red headed HC with his team still making bonehead plays and penalties at crucial times.) The biggest problem we have on defense is STILL our backfield.Carr and Claiborne can only do so much and when the play is made,on them, it's usually because of the SS and WS missing responsibilities.Tonight,we even saw our S's just get beat by better talent and...wait for it......BETTER play calling and adjustments during the game. We just aren't as talented in the backfield as we are at LB or the line.Albeit,the line is getting older by the game.
NOW, as for the offense,it's the same as always,they blew it at crucial times.I also saw Romo play with very little confidence in the line or his WR's. I DO believe that JG shackles him too much.I DON'T believe he has the talent many say he does but,if we unshackle him right now, we would be better off.It's the only way to get his confidence back in the offense.However,that could be a two edged sword as,if we let him loose,we will have to live with Brett Favre II and hold our breaths every time he airs it. Difference is he can run better.If he fails when we let him loose, we have just lost a QB for good. Honestly, we really need to look for his replacement soon. I'm not sure he can get the mindset back after so many years of this. He had a guy wide open in the third quarter and he threw it WAY over his head and out of bounds. If you look at that play,it exemplifies what is truly going on.The line was doing well enough on that play and yet, he spent a few crucial seconds with his head,NOT down field but in his pocket and seeing ghost sackers. When he finally looked up and saw a wide open WR, he hurriedly threw it over him. Jones actually picked up that blitz well. THAT play is a main issue in a nutshell.We can't blame this on the defense, they played well with injuries and too much time on the field. The offense can't be blames as a whole but certain players,proved again,they just aren't ready for big time playmaking. I LAUGHED when the announcer agreed with JG and said Romo needed to get it to his playmaker,DEZ in this second half. Seriously? He has shown flashes,nothing more. Us hard fans don't believe in flashes anymore because,her in Dallas, they never amount to anything. Most of the blame should go on JG again,for NOT adjusting like a good coach does. Simple as that.

#44 hpdubb_og

hpdubb_og

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

You have to stop someone in order to win and the whole bent but didnt break thing is useless since we lost the game so im going with they broke

Aint how I see it. The D did well. No help from the offense. It is their job to score. Right?

#45 star20

star20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

The defense is not solely at fault but there was issues. For one no turnovers and when we finally had chance for some today one we didn't recover the other was stoped by a white hold. Second several time today they was not ready for the snap I blame that on the coaching. Thirdly they made some costly errors at the end of the game and missed key tackles costly penalty. That being said the fact that romo took over and scored quick touchdown in a hurry up offense like he did just shows you that the talent is there but is caged on Jason mediocore play calls. To sum up Coaching is the fault to this loss and this season.

#46 lordnate

lordnate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

The lack of scoring was caused by the lack of turnovers. Teams don't score many points when the defense doesn't give them the short field. Points scored isn't 100% on the offense and points allowed isn't 100% on the defense. If Romo threw 4 picks like he did against the Giants, do you think they would only score 19 points? And what about our defense getting a takeaway every once in a while? Wouldn't that help us score points. Bottom line, the Falcons offense could do anything they wanted to do when they needed to. We couldn't get a critical stop.

The offense had its mistakes too, but you can't say the defense was not a part of the loss.

#47 CPanther95

CPanther95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

They can rack up all the yards they want.. as long as its not in the Endzone.. Did any of their WR or TE have a TD??? NOPE.

Who cares who scored on their team? You can't give up 453 yards because it put them in scoring position 7 times - 6 FG tries and a TD. You only lost by 2 FGs. If not for 2 uncharacteristic FG misses, this game would have been out of reach much earlier.

fkcl8g7uvlgacuftjhh8.gif

$8200.00? Worth every penny.

#48 hpdubb_og

hpdubb_og

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

The defense is not solely at fault but there was issues. For one no turnovers and when we finally had chance for some today one we didn't recover the other was stoped by a white hold. Second several time today they was not ready for the snap I blame that on the coaching. Thirdly they made some costly errors at the end of the game and missed key tackles costly penalty. That being said the fact that romo took over and scored quick touchdown in a hurry up offense like he did just shows you that the talent is there but is caged on Jason mediocore play calls. To sum up Coaching is the fault to this loss and this season.

Yes indeed!!! We need to run a west coast similar style. Fast paced.. Let Romo call the plays. He's been a starter long enough. I too feel JG is ruining this team & Romo's career with it.

#49 hpdubb_og

hpdubb_og

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

The lack of scoring was caused by the lack of turnovers. Teams don't score many points when the defense doesn't give them the short field. Points scored isn't 100% on the offense and points allowed isn't 100% on the defense. If Romo threw 4 picks like he did against the Giants, do you think they would only score 19 points? And what about our defense getting a takeaway every once in a while? Wouldn't that help us score points. Bottom line, the Falcons offense could do anything they wanted to do when they needed to. We couldn't get a critical stop.

The offense had its mistakes too, but you can't say the defense was not a part of the loss.

This is true. But the offensive play calling was horrible in crucial situations. Except for that hurry up drive Romo orchestrated for the TD.

#50 Incog

Incog

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

I think it's great that this D is holding it's ground and giving our Offense more chances at the ball.. but we need turnovers! The differentials continue to plummet. Good D's stand their ground, great D's stand their ground AND create turnovers. The Bears are #1 in turnovers!

#51 buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

Why can't JG see the obvious?? He is not game planning to Romo's strength. Romo is not a frickin' drop back pocket passer!!!!

Remember back in the day when teams would work very hard to keep Romo in the pocket? Even today, he's much more dangerous when he gets outside the pocket, but we keep him right in the middle, where he throws his INTs.

"I'm troubled, but not to the extent that I want to do anything about it" - Jerry's philosophy as a GM.

#52 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,305 posts
  • Location714

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

I do blame them for that last drive....

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#53 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,798 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

Why not on the D we barely got pressure and gave up every singe pass imaginable over the middle. This is the same horrible Defense as in the past cant get off the field when needed and cant create a turnover. Dware gift wrapped a fumble and brent couldnt get on it

EXACTLY like did we NOT know we were playing against roddy and julio??

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#54 cowboyguy

cowboyguy

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

If a D can hold the mighty high powered ATL Offense to under 20 points, they've done their job

obvious_zps71f3f9c9.png

#55 TYLEE826

TYLEE826

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Offense was not much help, but in my opinion, the defense lost the game. They had three chances to get off the field at the end, with some time, but TWICE, they missed tackles and once with a penalty.

#56 dontmesswithtex

dontmesswithtex

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

They held the Falcons to less than their average of nearly 28 ppg. They did their job through the first 3 quarters. Cowboys didn't muster anything until the 4th quarter. Our D usually breaks then. That obviously needs to be addressed.

#57 membersince1977

membersince1977

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Offense was not much help, but in my opinion, the defense lost the game. They had three chances to get off the field at the end, with some time, but TWICE, they missed tackles and once with a penalty.

the defense was the only thing going for this team today despite that romo no huddle.

the offense was horrible at redzone again.

the offene always puts the defense in tight spots. that offense has to score a touchdown in that first half. it was unnaceptable.

sure the defense isnt perfect, they need to generate turnovers/take aways but they did hold that high power atl offense to under 20 and they played well. we should not have to rely on defense to win games. the offense needs to score more touchdowns. the offense needs to do better in the red zone.

this loss was 70% on the offense.
Posted Image

#58 dontmesswithtex

dontmesswithtex

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Jason, stop being the daddy coach and consoling ur players after the game. If they mess up, let them be dejected and feel the eyes of their teammates staring at them in anger.
Stop passing out trophies for trying!!!!!

Posted Image

#59 njbleedsblue

njbleedsblue

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

dont blame the defense? they let two receivers up over 100 yards and gave up over 100 to turner.

thats 3 players each over 100 yards....thats not on tony romo

I agree...our pass defense just sucks, tired of the same zone scheme that ALWAYS leaves recievers wide open in the middle with 2-3 defenders watching from 2-3 yards away. Again....its the reactive defense when it should proactive, bump, jam, man to man and stay with these guys, enough with the zone and letting recievers find the hole in the middle and sit for 15 yds a pop.

#60 ozdcfan

ozdcfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

the d wasnt terrible, but i felt they found a few holes right up the middle. most of the passing plays they converted were right in the same area and i found that frustrating to watch. also scandrick would have had nightmares thinking about his missed tackle and that terrible penalty on third down.