14 replies to this topic

#1 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,582 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:13 AM

So my 48 hour suspension is over and I have some questions about it.

I got my first ever warning because I used the word, "ass," to describe another poster. The warning I received quoted the offending post. I was told someone reported me, I acknowledged the warning and carried on posting. No problem.

But a few hours later my account was suspended for 48 hours and all I was given was this-

"Hello,Your account at Dallas Cowboys Fan Forum has been temporarily suspended. I warned you earlier for language, but members have since flagged another post. Your account will not be functional for 48 hours (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expedite the unsuspension process."

That seems like a fully automated message except for, "I warned you earlier for language, but members have since flagged another post."

Since I don't recall using offensive language in a post after receiving my warning, I'd like to know which post was flagged so I can avoid making future mistakes.

I'd also like to know if the timeline matters. In other words, does it matter if the second post (that so far hasn't been shown to me) happened before or after the warning? Does the offense I was warned about have to be repeated or can a completely different offense be used for the suspension?

#2 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,582 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:04 PM

Is it the policy of this forum to not answer questions regarding account suspensions?

#3 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,582 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:36 PM

I'm not even upset about the suspension. I just want to know why my account was suspended for 48 hours. I'd like to avoid that happening in the future.

Did more than one person take issue with me calling a poster an ass? Why only refer to, "another post," in the suspension email after sending me the specific post along with the warning email?

#4 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,582 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:44 AM

If anything, we can use my experience to educate other posters. I'm not trying to be critical of the decision of the administrator/s of this forum. I am simply seeking understanding of my offense in order to be a better poster.

#5 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,554 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:23 AM

Just saw this.

I have no idea.   Who did it? 

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#6 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,582 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:46 AM

The warning came from the admin, ccastillo. The suspension doesn't have a name attached but the wording, "I warned you earlier," makes it sound like it could've been her as well.

#7 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,554 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:18 AM

Sounds like it was her. 

PM her and ask.     I have no idea.   

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#8 .G2.

.G2.

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,941 posts
  • LocationPJG Investigation Unit

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:32 PM

PMing the Mods/admin doesn't work. They won't respond.

• mrsouthpaw likes this

#9 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,502 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:27 AM

I finally got one to respond. It wasn't the one who suspended me tho. It was like going thru the back door to find out why.

• .G2. likes this

#10 BenGone

BenGone

• Moderators
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationFort Worth

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

PMing the Mods/admin doesn't work. They won't respond.

I do.

Lurk more, post less

DFWsportsbanner_zpsz4msorfn.png

DFW!

When you go to bed at night, you pray to God for the health and safety of Sean Lee.

#11 .G2.

.G2.

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 20,941 posts
  • LocationPJG Investigation Unit

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

I do.

I appreciate that, but I never had an issue or reason to PM you about a problem. That goes for 99% of the Mods. 

#12 winstar

winstar

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,974 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:26 AM

I don't PM the mods anymore due to the responses I have received in the past.  As with the Cowboy organization, credit where it is due.  I may have pegged BenGone wrong.  Seems like a standup guy.

"Age is a high price to pay for maturity"

#13 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,526 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

So my 48 hour suspension is over and I have some questions about it.

I got my first ever warning because I used the word, "ass," to describe another poster. The warning I received quoted the offending post. I was told someone reported me, I acknowledged the warning and carried on posting. No problem.

Well, some posters can be such an a ... uh, donkey - stubborn as an a.., uh, mule - and dumb as an a.., uh, burro.  

• Haimerej and mrsouthpaw like this

#14 hadenough

hadenough

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts
  • LocationDuval County

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:28 AM

Ehhh I don't believe in pm I get the mods. Did it once trying to report someone and got nowhere. If you got an issue just handle it yourself.

#15 Kal-El of Krypton

Kal-El of Krypton

• Moderators
  • 9,465 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

Just saw this.

I have no idea.   Who did it? 

I didn't do it either, I see it may have been cacastillo, you'd have to take it up with her.

Ehhh I don't believe in pm I get the mods. Did it once trying to report someone and got nowhere. If you got an issue just handle it yourself.

I may not always respond to PMs but that's because sometimes the PM is pointless or I'm busy.  However, since I do frequent the forums on my phone at times, the best way to get my attention is through a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users