#21 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,467 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:45 AM

I feel there is room for posters to bring out what they like or don't like about the team and owner. If I say anything negative about a player or coach and find they are doing better. I say so. Just like TW today. But there should be room for negative comments, but not insults against posters.

• Grandpaw_G_Bundy likes this

Don't know if I want to be a member of a forum, that would have me as a member

#22 Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,457 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:51 AM

Yeah I admit I use to be rough on Gregg about Garrett. I picked at him about Garrett because he blamed everything on Romo. no matter how the team played. so I changed it around and blamed Garrett for all the problems... . same thing.. the circle continues because everyone thinks they have to be right.[I guess that is just life]

• Mad_Max likes this

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

Garrett is the basketball coach leading the game with 29 seconds left in the game. He runs a play to score again instead of running the clock out. The opposing team gets the rebound and drives the court to win.
This is Garrett, but the excuse would be "well if he had scored we would have won."  smh.

________________________________________________________________________________________

rides2.gif

#23 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,286 posts
  • LocationPJG Stealth Ops.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:00 AM

Absolutely.

However, the poster was promoting banning someone for repeating themselves.  I was simply questioning the validity of that.   

Yes, but that would be following a personal agenda due to a vendetta vs one or two posters, would it not?  

It's very valid if they're trying to threadjack every thread with the same comment about something entirely unrelated to the thread. I guarantee that those instances get reported and yet NOTHING ever gets done.   The people doing it repeat it over and over without consequence, which leads to other people getting annoyed and mouthing off, then THEY are the ones that get in trouble. 

They're not just trying to thread jack, they are intentionally baiting. It's all well and good to say ignore them, but if it's reported, why isn't there ever action taken? 

Another rule is to not post that you wish harm of a player.  A poster did that tonight and instead of getting a warning, a mod LIKED the comment.   

This is why it was mentioned weeks ago that the mods are protecting the instigators and coming down on the wrong people. 

#24 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:19 AM

It's very valid if they're trying to threadjack every thread with the same comment about something entirely unrelated to the thread. I guarantee that those instances get reported and yet NOTHING ever gets done.   The people doing it repeat it over and over without consequence, which leads to other people getting annoyed and mouthing off, then THEY are the ones that get in trouble. 

They're not just trying to thread jack, they are intentionally baiting. It's all well and good to say ignore them, but if it's reported, why isn't there ever action taken? 

Another rule is to not post that you wish harm of a player.  A poster did that tonight and instead of getting a warning, a mod LIKED the comment.   

This is why it was mentioned weeks ago that the mods are protecting the instigators and coming down on the wrong people. 

So, you're saying that we should ban people who post off topic comments.  

I think that opens a huge can of worms.    Sure that's what you want?  

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#25 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:22 AM

I think that opens a huge can of worms. Sure that's what you want?

No sir. Not good that.

#26 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,286 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:25 AM

I think that opens a huge can of worms.    Sure that's what you want?  

So you don't think it's disruptive when that is ALL a member does?  The occasional off topic posting is one thing....but when that is literally all one did for months....without any disciplinary action?   I'm not suggesting permanent bans. I am suggesting rules enforcement however.  It's not like it's a choice between the mods ignoring the actions and the mods permanent banning.  They have other tools.....warnings, temporary bans. 

If that is all a member does, or 90% of what a member does, you don't think that is against the rules? Why even have rules then?

Edited to add:  And what about when mods break the rules or encourage rule-breaking?  That just sends a signal of favoritism and protectionism. 

#27 Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,457 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:36 AM

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

Garrett is the basketball coach leading the game with 29 seconds left in the game. He runs a play to score again instead of running the clock out. The opposing team gets the rebound and drives the court to win.
This is Garrett, but the excuse would be "well if he had scored we would have won."  smh.

________________________________________________________________________________________

rides2.gif

#28 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:40 AM

So you don't think it's disruptive when that is ALL a member does?  The occasional off topic posting is one thing....but when that is literally all one did for months....without any disciplinary action?   I'm not suggesting permanent bans. I am suggesting rules enforcement however.  It's not like it's a choice between the mods ignoring the actions and the mods permanent banning.  They have other tools.....warnings, temporary bans. 

If that is all a member does, or 90% of what a member does, you don't think that is against the rules? Why even have rules then?

Edited to add:  And what about when mods break the rules or encourage rule-breaking?  That just sends a signal of favoritism and protectionism. 

We have a plethora of valued members who are all guilty of posting disruptive off topic stuff.   Are you suggesting we give them all vacations?    No more post jacking, no more fun posting, no more just playing around.   You sure that's what you want? 

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#29 Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,457 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM

did you guys disable the ignore buttons........if not why don't the ones having issues with the other ones put them on ignore.I think it's more fun for these people to just argue and call one another ignorant, stupid, or don't know what they are doing.

don't ignore the ignore button.......  

• kskboys and Call Me Doc like this

Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

rides2.gif

#30 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,743 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:47 AM

I guess since we are talking about stuff we don't like.

I don't like some of these people who want to shove crow down everyone's throat when they are wrong. I just like predicting stuff for fun don't really care if I am right or wrong. I very rarely celebrate when I am right and don't need someone telling me to eat crow when I am wrong. I am a big boy I know when I am wrong don't need you to tell me. No one is Nostradamus here.

I also don't like that you can't talk about mistakes after a win without people getting their panties in a wad. This team is going to make mistakes and I bet the staff points them out in meetings so why can't we talk about them on here.
  • kskboys, Grandpaw_G_Bundy and Londonboy like this
Nobody owes you anything life is what you make of it.

#31 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,286 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:55 AM

We have a plethora of valued members who are all guilty of posting disruptive off topic stuff.   Are you suggesting we give them all vacations?    No more post jacking, no more fun posting, no more just playing around.   You sure that's what you want? 

You equate occasional (well-intentioned) playing around with intentionally and maliciously trying to turn every thread into a particular player/coach bash? Alright dude, whatever.  What about enforcement of the no multiple threads on the same topic rule? It kind of sucks seeing page one all about the same exact topic.

did you guys disable the ignore buttons........if not why don't the ones having issues with the other ones put them on ignore.I think it's more fun for these people to just argue and call one another ignorant, stupid, or don't know what they are doing.

don't ignore the ignore button.......  

Whoever designed the forum originally put the ignore feature in the weirdest and most annoying place.  I'm not sure why they did, but it's odd. Still, it's too terrible to get to.

So it's okay to wish a player harm, even though that's against the rules and it's okay for a mod to like that comment? That doesn't encourage it? Okay!

#32 MarcusRock

MarcusRock

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:10 AM

You equate occasional (well-intentioned) playing around with intentionally and maliciously trying to turn every thread into a particular player/coach bash? Alright dude, whatever.  What about enforcement of the no multiple threads on the same topic rule? It kind of sucks seeing page one all about the same exact topic.

Whether it's playing around or someone chiming in with their player/coach grudge, it's all still thread-derailing.  You can't allow some to threadjack and discipline others because one type of threadjacking is valued over another by some.  If I have to suffer through eternally unfunny bacon references then other thread-derailing should have to be tolerated as well to be consistent.  Both can be ignored.

• kskboys likes this

Jason Garrett - Mr. Positivity --> NO, JUST NO!

(j/k)

k45i52tv4edotwl6g.jpg

Aaron Rodgers: The Sultan of Smug

kor86282w8tf93b6g.jpg

#33 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,286 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:12 AM

Whether it's playing around or someone chiming in with their player/coach grudge, it's all still thread-derailing.  You can't allow some to threadjack and discipline others because one type of threadjacking is valued over another by some.  If I have to suffer through eternally unfunny bacon references then other thread-derailing should have to be tolerated as well to be consistent.  Both can be ignored.

The difference being that most of the time, one is occasional at most and the other is constant. 

#34 MarcusRock

MarcusRock

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:17 AM

The difference being that most of the time, one is occasional at most and the other is constant. 

Consistency doesn't care about occasional.  Threadjacking is either okay or it isn't.  As soon as you get into being flexible with it, it's playing favorites.  It's fine by me.  Just apply stuff equally.

• kskboys and Call Me Doc like this

Jason Garrett - Mr. Positivity --> NO, JUST NO!

(j/k)

k45i52tv4edotwl6g.jpg

Aaron Rodgers: The Sultan of Smug

kor86282w8tf93b6g.jpg

#35 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,286 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:19 AM

Consistency doesn't care about occasional.  Threadjacking is either okay or it isn't.  As soon as you get into being flexible with it, it's playing favorites.  It's fine by me.  Just apply stuff equally.

There's also a time and place for it. If it's the off-season with zero going on, it's harmless in either case. During the season, it's less acceptable. 

#36 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:28 AM

Whoever designed the forum originally put the ignore feature in the weirdest and most annoying place.  I'm not sure why they did, but it's odd. Still, it's too terrible to get to.

So it's okay to wish a player harm, even though that's against the rules and it's okay for a mod to like that comment? That doesn't encourage it? Okay!

Your last sentence is going in another direction.    If I'd seen that, I would've warned the member. 

Other posters find other things annoying.    Do we simply start banning anyone who annoys anyone?  Step back and look at it objectively.     Since it's annoying when a regular member posts the same ol' thing toward some posters, do we start banning regular members for that?   

Once again, Monkey, where do we draw the line?    You're asking me to punish one group because you don't like what they do.  

Multiple threads on the same topic are closed/merged when one of us has time.   I generally go by the rule of whether people are posting in them.    One of our directives is to promote discussion, so if a good discussion is taking place about almost the same topic in two different threads, they should both stay open.  

#37 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:32 AM

Define, "good discussion."

The subjectivity is unbearable.

#38 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,286 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:33 AM

Your last sentence is going in another direction.    If I'd seen that, I would've warned the member

Other posters find other things annoying.    Do we simply start banning anyone who annoys anyone?  Step back and look at it objectively.     Since it's annoying when a regular member posts the same ol' thing toward some posters, do we start banning regular members for that?   

Once again, Monkey, where do we draw the line?    You're asking me to punish one group because you don't like what they do.  

Multiple threads on the same topic are closed/merged when one of us has time.   I generally go by the rule of whether people are posting in them.    One of our directives is to promote discussion, so if a good discussion is taking place about almost the same topic in two different threads, they should both stay open.  

It's not another direction because I posted about it earlier in this thread. You just ignored that line. :)   I reported the member for that past. I commented on it after saying that it was disgusting for the poster and for the mod who liked it. On page two of "This is Dak's team" 

mercdragon

Top Recruit

• photo-thumb-14469.jpg?_r=1355708789
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 95 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted Yesterday, 06:28 PM

I hope Tony breaks his legs walking and chewing gum so we can have a great season with Dak. 
Cowboys Fan all the way. Hard to watch them fail this year.

#39 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:33 AM

Marcus, now that is well said.   I really appreciate the clarifying you are doing on this topic.  

One of our main objectives is to not be so strict as to harm good convo's.   Those are hard enough to come by in any venue.   So, there's always a question as to what should be allowed, and there will always be judgment calls by us mere humans.    We don't always get it right, no doubt, but we dang sure try. 

#40 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:36 AM

Define, "good discussion."

The subjectivity is unbearable.

That's because we mods constantly deal w/ highly subjective topics/posts on a daily basis.    Gets quite wearisome at times, as you can imagine. 

And there's part of the point being made.    The posters in question who are making the remarks in question quite possibly see their posts as great discussion points.    

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Admins, Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users