#41 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,286 posts
  • LocationPJG Stealth Ops.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:38 AM

Marcus, now that is well said.   I really appreciate the clarifying you are doing on this topic.  

One of our main objectives is to not be so strict as to harm good convo's.   Those are hard enough to come by in any venue.   So, there's always a question as to what should be allowed, and there will always be judgment calls by us mere humans.    We don't always get it right, no doubt, but we dang sure try. 

Your efforts are appreciated, KSK, don't get me wrong.  

That's because we mods constantly deal w/ highly subjective topics/posts on a daily basis.    Gets quite wearisome at times, as you can imagine. 

And there's part of the point being made.    The posters in question who are making the remarks in question quite possibly see their posts as great discussion points.    

What is wrong with merging those threads, then? They're about the same topic, even if it's two conversations. 

#42 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:42 AM

Your efforts are appreciated, KSK, don't get me wrong.  

What is wrong with merging those threads, then? They're about the same topic, even if it's two conversations. 

We have to play it by ear.      I only leave multiple threads on the same topic open if there's good convo's in each one.    Merging the two could be detrimental to the convo.      Often I go by which was opened first and close the others.    

Plus, there's also a very subjective line.     You can have two threads about a player, for instance, that are about a completely different topic.    If the discussion is good in both, I leave them open.  

It's often pretty tough.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#43 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:45 AM

It's not another direction because I posted about it earlier in this thread. You just ignored that line. :)   I reported the member for that past. I commented on it after saying that it was disgusting for the poster and for the mod who liked it. On page two of "This is Dak's team" 

mercdragon

Top Recruit

• photo-thumb-14469.jpg?_r=1355708789
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 95 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted Yesterday, 06:28 PM

I hope Tony breaks his legs walking and chewing gum so we can have a great season with Dak. 
Cowboys Fan all the way. Hard to watch them fail this year.

That is pretty sick.    First time I've seen it.    I would've hid the post and warned the member. 

Still, it's said in sort of a joking way, so where's the line?     Others may see it as a simple joke.  

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#44 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,286 posts
  • LocationPJG Stealth Ops.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:52 AM

That is pretty sick.    First time I've seen it.    I would've hid the post and warned the member. 

Still, it's said in sort of a joking way, so where's the line?     Others may see it as a simple joke.  

The line is if it's stipulated as a joke right at that exact time, like "I hope Tony breaks his legs walking and chewing gum so we can have a great season with Dak...... j/k I don't really want to see Romo injured again."  Even then, it's against forum rules as listed. 

What does that say to members when a mod likes something that violates the rules? 

#45 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:56 AM

The line is if it's stipulated as a joke right at that exact time, like "I hope Tony breaks his legs walking and chewing gum so we can have a great season with Dak...... j/k I don't really want to see Romo injured again."  Even then, it's against forum rules as listed. 

What does that say to members when a mod likes something that violates the rules? 

Not my call to make.  

#46 BleedCowboyBlu

BleedCowboyBlu

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:25 AM

I feel like it's pretty simple. Either you enforce the rules or you don't. That's where you draw the line. If someone breaks a rule you act accordingly. Otherwise lose the rules.

#47 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,045 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

So, you're saying that we should ban people who post off topic comments.

I think that opens a huge can of worms. Sure that's what you want?

come on KSK, you know dang well that's not what is being said.

Look, I withdraw my recommendation. Apparently it is way too complicated to use a little common sense in identifying posters who want to contribute vs posters who just want to troll.

So I apologize and I guess the board can just be moderated using the rule in the OP, you can criticize but not wish for someone to be fired. Now I guess I don't have to read anymore Jeff Heath should be cut or Garrett should be fired posts.

#48 Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,457 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

did you guys disable the ignore buttons........if not why don't the ones having issues with the other ones put them on ignore.I think it's more fun for these people to just argue and call one another ignorant, stupid, or don't know what they are doing.

don't ignore the ignore button.......  

maybe they can add the ignore button at the bottom of a poster post.... previous poster said it was hard to locate.

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

Garrett is the basketball coach leading the game with 29 seconds left in the game. He runs a play to score again instead of running the clock out. The opposing team gets the rebound and drives the court to win.
This is Garrett, but the excuse would be "well if he had scored we would have won."  smh.

________________________________________________________________________________________

rides2.gif

#49 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,078 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:14 AM

Marcus, now that is well said. I really appreciate the clarifying you are doing on this topic.

One of our main objectives is to not be so strict as to harm good convo's. Those are hard enough to come by in any venue. So, there's always a question as to what should be allowed, and there will always be judgment calls by us mere humans. We don't always get it right, no doubt, but we dang sure try.

The point (or one of the points) DM is making is that certain posters take an opportunity in nearly every thread to make a negative comment about someone they dislike, regardless of its relativity to the topic. That's inciting argument. It's one thing to interject some humor, but to intentionally say things you fully expect to cause problems is another.

wOZF2v4.jpg

#50 Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,457 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

5mg7yx.jpg

• iDon likes this

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

Garrett is the basketball coach leading the game with 29 seconds left in the game. He runs a play to score again instead of running the clock out. The opposing team gets the rebound and drives the court to win.
This is Garrett, but the excuse would be "well if he had scored we would have won."  smh.

________________________________________________________________________________________

rides2.gif

#51 cern

cern

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,716 posts
  • Locationmy ranch in west texas

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:48 PM

it's only an argument if you respond in a like manner.  narcissistic personality disorder is showing dislike, loathing and contempt for anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion.  it's actually a sickness.  i prefer those posters who have a quick wit, whether or not i agree with what they post.  they make things more interesting.  the fish does not have to take the bait.

• kskboys and Grandpaw_G_Bundy like this

simba ni simba.  hata akila majani.

#52 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 25,227 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

it's only an argument if you respond in a like manner. narcissistic personality disorder is showing dislike, loathing and contempt for anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion. it's actually a sickness. i prefer those posters who have a quick wit, whether or not i agree with what they post. they make things more interesting. the fish does not have to take the bait.

Arby's has the new Worm Sandwich, but I'll just take some seasoned curly fries.

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#53 daboys28

daboys28

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,167 posts
  • LocationHermann Mo

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

Are we allowed to say we want Rowdy gone?

Oh no you didn't..................I teased about that a looong time ago and thought my life was over........Had to move to my underground shelter.............ok really it was my moms basement, but its cool, she makes good hot pockets......

• kskboys likes this
"You find me offensive? I find you offensive. For finding me offensive..." eminem

#54 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

come on KSK, you know dang well that's not what is being said.

Look, I withdraw my recommendation. Apparently it is way too complicated to use a little common sense in identifying posters who want to contribute vs posters who just want to troll.

So I apologize and I guess the board can just be moderated using the rule in the OP, you can criticize but not wish for someone to be fired. Now I guess I don't have to read anymore Jeff Heath should be cut or Garrett should be fired posts.

You guys are ignoring the big picture.    Read what Marcus said, he is spot on.

In reality, what you guys are asking us to do is make decisions favoring one group.      Since you don't like the posting of that group, you think those guys should be banned.    

And trolling is a very subjective term.     The huge majority of posters on this site repeat themselves.    A lot.   I know I do.   (DT, DT, DT, DT!!!!!!!).     Other posters think the coaching needs to be upgraded.   So they say it.    I have warned when the post was offtopic.    However, you are asking us to deal w/ the extreme minutiae of every thread.     Do you have any idea how many hours upon hours that would take?    Do you have any idea how much easier this would all be and how much better this entire board would be if posters simply ignored other posters who didn't say what they liked?     Being sarcastic and snappy and attacking other posters on here is actually a much bigger problem than a few posters repeating themselves.   

• Grandpaw_G_Bundy likes this

#55 cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,170 posts
  • LocationEast TX.....

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:50 PM

We have a plethora of valued members who are all guilty of posting disruptive off topic stuff.   Are you suggesting we give them all vacations?    No more post jacking, no more fun posting, no more just playing around.   You sure that's what you want?

lol, if it gets to that....rut roh
  • Runwildboys likes this

#56 daboys28

daboys28

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,167 posts
  • LocationHermann Mo

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:32 PM

I just think people are getting to sensitive....

I seen a cool Clint Eastwood meme on face book..I wanted to share it here but it uses bad language so I can't.  I'll quote as much of it as I can though...

It shows a pic of Eastwood.  On top it says.  "I miss the good old days"  and at the bottom it says....."When everybody wasn't an overly sensitive cat"  It didn't say cat, but it was close to the word cat.....lol.

I came across it when a guy down the street from me was messin with me over the net, but he wouldn't come outside. So I sent him that and a few other fun choice words.........For some reason he moved.....No idea why.

• emmittstaubach, Runwildboys and Thomas92 like this
"You find me offensive? I find you offensive. For finding me offensive..." eminem

#57 Thomas92

Thomas92

Draftee

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationHating Romo!

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:42 PM

Drop the sensitivity and this board might be fun for all, but hey what do i know, maybe sensitivity is this boards trademark.

#58 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:13 PM

Drop the sensitivity and this board might be fun for all, but hey what do i know, maybe sensitivity is this boards trademark.

Would you like some "chess" with that whine?

fmj-blanket-party-o.gif

#59 Thomas92

Thomas92

Draftee

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationHating Romo!

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

Would you like some "chess" with that whine?

No ill take some tears and a open letter, its much tastier.

#60 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:18 PM

No ill take some tears and a open letter, its much tastier.

Tick tock

fmj-blanket-party-o.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Admins, Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users