You are here

Photo

How long do warning points stay in effect?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 blueberryicedcoffee

blueberryicedcoffee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,802 posts
  • LocationDimension C-137

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

I was given a warning point for extremely mild language that wasn't even censored by the forum filter back on August 16th, and it's still there. When do those generally go away?

#2 BenGone

BenGone

• Moderators
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationFort Worth

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:20 PM

Man, I wouldn't call what you said "mild" (although I might have laughed).  A good measuring stick is to keep the language in the "prime time television" range. 

I looked through your warning history.  Pretty impressive.

I think the points go away after the scheduled expiration date, but it doesn't show me what that is.

• blueberryicedcoffee likes this

Lurk more, post less

DFWsportsbanner_zpsz4msorfn.png

DFW!

When you go to bed at night, you pray to God for the health and safety of Sean Lee.

#3 maxdogg

maxdogg

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:44 PM

I have warning points from several years ago and they never went away.

I asked a mod last year about it but he never answered me back.

Have not had any warnings in a couple years so I wish they would go away.

#4 blueberryicedcoffee

blueberryicedcoffee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,802 posts
  • LocationDimension C-137

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:03 PM

Man, I wouldn't call what you said "mild" (although I might have laughed).  A good measuring stick is to keep the language in the "prime time television" range. 

I looked through your warning history.  Pretty impressive.

I think the points go away after the scheduled expiration date, but it doesn't show me what that is.

Perhaps it was mild to me because I am british and that is "prime time television" talk here. I should have recognized that americans aren't generally as tolerable.

Anyway, I got a lot of points back in the day constantly arguing with two members who have since been banned because they were, shall we say, poo heads. 

• NewEnglandCowboy likes this

#5 BenGone

BenGone

• Moderators
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationFort Worth

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

I have warning points from several years ago and they never went away.

I asked a mod last year about it but he never answered me back.

Have not had any warnings in a couple years so I wish they would go away.

I blame the software.  You're right though.  Yours was in October '13 and is still showing.

• maxdogg likes this

Lurk more, post less

DFW!

When you go to bed at night, you pray to God for the health and safety of Sean Lee.

#6 maxdogg

maxdogg

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:53 PM

I blame the software.  You're right though.  Yours was in October '13 and is still showing.

Hey Ben is there anyway you could get them taken off?

Would be appreciated.

Thanks

#7 BenGone

BenGone

• Moderators
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationFort Worth

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:11 PM

I can't figure it out.  I looked all over the place.

Lurk more, post less

DFW!

#8 maxdogg

maxdogg

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:15 PM

I can't figure it out.  I looked all over the place.

Ok well if you find out  from another mod would appreciate it.

#9 Quickdraw

Quickdraw

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,261 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:01 AM

max, PM ccastillo and ask her.  She is the only one with the ability to remove the points.

• maxdogg likes this

#10 cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,170 posts
  • LocationEast TX.....

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:28 PM

Our mods here are the best.....over on the "other" Cowboys board they are allowing more and more personal attacks ........better yet, on the eagles MB I have 2 warning points that don't expire until April of 2038........and was for simply posting an "LOL" on one of their homer threads.
  • maxdogg and Needmorerings like this

#11 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,502 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:52 AM

I was given a warning point for extremely mild language that wasn't even censored by the forum filter back on August 16th, and it's still there. When do those generally go away?

That was awful language. What was it again? 

#12 Quincy88

Quincy88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:14 PM

I got two (2) points for simply using the name of the Democratic nominee....is this Russia?  This isn't Russia. :)

Q:  Why are warning post shown under mu header for God and Country to see?  Why isn't this between me and the Moderator.  Reminds me how people in my home town (150,000 people) growing up couldn't wait until Sunday to check the paper for who got DUI's....none of their business really, and the paper really had no business publishing them.

#13 Majestic_Joe

Majestic_Joe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:56 PM

Warning points, hmm.  I don't know, I never got one.

#14 Quincy88

Quincy88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:19 PM

Kind of like demerits in school, I guess.

#15 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,127 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:34 PM

I got two (2) points for simply using the name of the Democratic nominee....is this Russia?  This isn't Russia. :)

Q:  Why are warning post shown under mu header for God and Country to see?  Why isn't this between me and the Moderator.  Reminds me how people in my home town (150,000 people) growing up couldn't wait until Sunday to check the paper for who got DUI's....none of their business really, and the paper really had no business publishing them.

You're mistaken. We can't see your warning points. Can you see the warning points of other forum members? :huh:

nNU4Y2O.gif

#16 Quincy88

Quincy88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:53 AM

-------You're mistaken. We can't see your warning points. Can you see the warning points of other forum members?  :huh:

Never paid attention to be honest.  Do several people have them?  I was feeling like a marked criminal.

#17 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 31,127 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:18 AM

-------You're mistaken. We can't see your warning points. Can you see the warning points of other forum members?  :huh:

Never paid attention to be honest.  Do several people have them?  I was feeling like a marked criminal.

Other forum members probably have warnings right now. You're not alone. But we can't see other warning levels.

nNU4Y2O.gif

#18 winstar

winstar

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 37,974 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:50 PM

Our mods here are the best.....over on the "other" Cowboys board they are allowing more and more personal attacks ........better yet, on the eagles MB I have 2 warning points that don't expire until April of 2038........and was for simply posting an "LOL" on one of their homer threads.

Tattletail......

"Age is a high price to pay for maturity"

#19 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:11 AM

I'm disappointed.  You should have a lot more warning points on the Eagles web site.  Now go back and try again.  After they boot you, head to the Giants and then the Redskins.  Come back with details!  B)   Who can be humble when you root for America's Team.  Tell  them I said that, too!  I'd do it myself, but I can't answer their top secret "who wears this number" question. 

#20 cern

cern

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 46,612 posts
  • Locationmy ranch in west texas

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:55 PM

ccastillo is the best administrator since inmeares.  she sees the big picture.  

simba ni simba.  hata akila majani.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users