You are here

Photo

Cris Collingsworth rooting for Cowboys?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 DallasJacob

DallasJacob

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

It was nice for a change to hear at least Collinsworth rooting for the Cowboys to win, at least thats what it sounded to me. Seems like all the commentators always harp on what the opposing team needs to do to either beat the Cowboys or, if they are trailing, what they need to do to get back in front of Cowboys
Posted Image

#2 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,672 posts
  • Location714

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

People just want to see dumb teams turn it around. Dallas just stuck in dumb mode.

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#3 Incog

Incog

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Collinsworth has an eye for talent, back when Roy Williams was a beast (the safety)

#4 east_texan

east_texan

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

I rewatched the game today, and did notice that Collinsworth was leaning toward the Cowboys. It might have been becasue he sensed fans all across the country were on the brink of tuning out?

On the last drive it was obvious that he was hoping for Dallas to get a stop. He likes Romo. Usually. lol

#5 Incog

Incog

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=trupBEfBicE

You recognize the voice at the start of the video? "A lot of people think this is the next great one"

He made the same comment about Bruce Carter making the RB go straight backwards.

Wish I had a gif of Bruce Carter making big plays, would make a nice sig.

#6 Slimware

Slimware

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationATX

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Does it matter???

#7 DallasJacob

DallasJacob

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

Does it matter???

Well you could basically say the same about ANY thread here...just saying it was nice for a change
Posted Image

#8 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,241 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

It was nice for a change to hear at least Collinsworth rooting for the Cowboys to win, at least thats what it sounded to me. Seems like all the commentators always harp on what the opposing team needs to do to either beat the Cowboys or, if they are trailing, what they need to do to get back in front of Cowboys

Why does it matter we don't even root for ourselves if so we'd play better

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#9 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,241 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Does it matter???

Just seeing this EXACTLY why does it matter, what interest does he have if we win or not besides talking to much

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#10 Slimware

Slimware

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationATX

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Well you could basically say the same about ANY thread here...just saying it was nice for a change

Oh I agree with your thread, I did like the fact that they weren't so condensating like the media gurus usually are. I don't mind them being critical, but don't be a jerk about it... No body likes a smart a zz.

#11 DallasJacob

DallasJacob

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Oh I agree with your thread, I did like the fact that they weren't so condensating like the media gurus usually are. I don't mind them being critical, but don't be a jerk about it... No body likes a smart a zz.

This coming from someone that responds "does it matter?"...
Posted Image

#12 Deathevokation

Deathevokation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,359 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Collnsworth has the job of keeping fans from switching channels so his commentary is going to be slanted in one direction or the other from time to time. However, he is still an annoying hack to listen to during games and Michaels would be better off doing the games alone or even better, they should bring in Gary Thorne to do those games. Anyway, I turn the sound down and I turn the music on cause it is enough to watch the Cowboys on field stupidity without having it amplified by Collinsworth.

tumblr_mbdq0lyqx01ra90n2o1_500.jpg

#13 starcrazy

starcrazy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Chris Collinsworth recognizes the talent the Cowboys have. Although it hasn't shown up in awhile, everyone of us fans knows that we can beat any team when it does come together. We took the Ravens to the wire, the Giants to the wire, Atlanta to the last 2 minutes and lost those games but if we had it together, we would have won. Lesser teams just spank us sometimes but the better teams we can hang with for the most part. I don't think Collinswoth would bet against us because he knows we are capable against any team with our talent level. You would never know it on this forum because when we do win, after the fans here tear this team apart on the forums, you would think we lost by 50 points.

#14 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

His name is Collinsworth, and he was legit back in the day. He's a nice ying to Al Michael's tired yang in the broadcast booth.

#15 daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,417 posts
  • LocationDillards

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Jerry, please hire Cris as our GM.

#16 njbleedsblue

njbleedsblue

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

He's always been a cowboys fan

#17 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

People just want to see dumb teams turn it around. Dallas just stuck in dumb mode.

We're at the point where we could call it "Jerry mode" when referring to the intelligence of the team.