• Please log in to reply
39233 replies to this topic

#1 deagleton

deagleton

Pro-Bowler

• Administrators
  • 14,133 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:07 AM

FRISCO, Texas – With a first-round bye as the NFC’s No.

View the full article

#2 trubluthrunthru

trubluthrunthru

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

well if they had enough sense to start Romo Dallas would go to the super bowl, but since everybody is pushing dak they will be one and done. And I am a Cowboy fanatic but I dont care how much you all want to say dak is the guy, he is NOWHERE close to being as good as Romo. Simply look at the difference in the way Romo moved the ball against the eagles. Dak cannot throw over 15 yards more than once per game. He cannot carry the team on his shoulders. You take out zeke like this week and dak is sub-par as a qb. thats facts no matter how you want to sugar coat it. this team was built to play with Romo and these players were brought in to support Romo and Dak is just benefiting from that and he does well at the dink and dunks but he shortens the field because he has no arm. Romo would open the field up for zeke twice as much. o you romo haters enjoy this because they will not win the super bowl with dak as qb. Period. watch and see. Dak cannot stand toe to toe with brady. Romo can beta brady its pretty simple really. garrett has ruined his own best year listening to all the romo haters begging for dak. Although dak will learn and eventually be a great qb but he is not now he is only riding on zekes back

• Skinny Post, staubach12, starman64 and 3 others like this

#3 betterinpinkorblue

betterinpinkorblue

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

So let's look at the WC games and stop this silly Dak vs Romo stuff until the off season. Detroit at Seattle. Both teams have backed in. It's in Seattle. Matt Stafford has never won a playoff game, Wilson has Seattle wins. The Giants at Green Bay. Green Bay is on a roll. The Giants have been great defensively. Eli has been awful. Rogers has been masterful. Green Bay wins. We play the lowest seed of Seattle/Green Bay. If we follow that scenario, we play Green Bay on Jan 15. 

We beat Green Bay earlier in the year but, Rogers has put it together since then. The Packers secondary is devastated by injury though and they have to play next week so no time for healing or very little. Advantage Cowboys. Our biggest advantage in this one is a week off to recuperate a bit, draw up a game plan and ZEKE. 

Calling it now, NFC championship game in Dallas against the Falcons!! And quite frankly we all know who the starting QB will be and who it should be.

• freeb likes this

Romo-ology.... the study of QB's past. Dakology.... the study of QB's present

#4 Math_Nerd_3_14

Math_Nerd_3_14

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,742 posts
  • LocationDenton, Texas

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

So let's look at the WC games and stop this silly Dak vs Romo stuff until the off season. Detroit at Seattle. Both teams have backed in. It's in Seattle. Matt Stafford has never won a playoff game, Wilson has Seattle wins. The Giants at Green Bay. Green Bay is on a roll. The Giants have been great defensively. Eli has been awful. Rogers has been masterful. Green Bay wins. We play the lowest seed of Seattle/Green Bay. If we follow that scenario, we play Green Bay on Jan 15.

We beat Green Bay earlier in the year but, Rogers has put it together since then. The Packers secondary is devastated by injury though and they have to play next week so no time for healing or very little. Advantage Cowboys. Our biggest advantage in this one is a week off to recuperate a bit, draw up a game plan and ZEKE.

Calling it now, NFC championship game in Dallas against the Falcons!! And quite frankly we all know who the starting QB will be and who it should be.

Tony Romo?
  • StarHart, Skinny Post, trubluthrunthru and 2 others like this

I may be a kid, but so is Dak and look at what he's accomplishing

#5 freeb

freeb

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

The team has coalesced around Dak and Zeke, and their chemistry and youth infuses the whole team. It's momentum, and it's special, and you don't want to mess with that. You give Dak little credit for the outstanding year he's had winning 13 games with only 4 picks and 23 TDs. He can make all the throws and then some, and his ability to run is something the team hasn't had for a long while. But it will come in handy in the playoffs.. And Dak gets better each DAY, he still has a lot of potential to be mined, and he's doing it. He's a leader. I'm a Romo guy too, but reality says this team is now Dak's. Even Tony said so. It's hard, but life is hard, Tony understands that.

well if they had enough sense to start Romo Dallas would go to the super bowl, but since everybody is pushing dak they will be one and done. And I am a Cowboy fanatic but I dont care how much you all want to say dak is the guy, he is NOWHERE close to being as good as Romo. Simply look at the difference in the way Romo moved the ball against the eagles. Dak cannot throw over 15 yards more than once per game. He cannot carry the team on his shoulders. You take out zeke like this week and dak is sub-par as a qb. thats facts no matter how you want to sugar coat it. this team was built to play with Romo and these players were brought in to support Romo and Dak is just benefiting from that and he does well at the dink and dunks but he shortens the field because he has no arm. Romo would open the field up for zeke twice as much. o you romo haters enjoy this because they will not win the super bowl with dak as qb. Period. watch and see. Dak cannot stand toe to toe with brady. Romo can beta brady its pretty simple really. garrett has ruined his own best year listening to all the romo haters begging for dak. Although dak will learn and eventually be a great qb but he is not now he is only riding on zekes back

• MistyAnn likes this

"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

#6 betterinpinkorblue

betterinpinkorblue

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

Tony Romo?

You could suck me in with that comment but nah, just nah

Romo-ology.... the study of QB's past. Dakology.... the study of QB's present

#7 StarHart

StarHart

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,400 posts
  • LocationNS & MO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:10 PM

I understand why they'll be starting Dak, and he has done a great deal to earn that start...... but in doing so, I think it's even more clear now, that we're NOT putting our best QB on the field.

• trubluthrunthru, wamccoy, BlueStarInNY and 5 others like this

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain....... and most fools do.  ~  Dale Carnegie

Sometimes good things fall apart, so better things can fall together. ~ Marilyn Monroe

#8 big wally

big wally

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas USA

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

The team has coalesced around Dak and Zeke, and their chemistry and youth infuses the whole team. It's momentum, and it's special, and you don't want to mess with that. You give Dak little credit for the outstanding year he's had winning 13 games with only 4 picks and 23 TDs. He can make all the throws and then some, and his ability to run is something the team hasn't had for a long while. But it will come in handy in the playoffs.. And Dak gets better each DAY, he still has a lot of potential to be mined, and he's doing it. He's a leader. I'm a Romo guy too, but reality says this team is now Dak's. Even Tony said so. It's hard, but life is hard, Tony understands that.

Good post.

I agree 100% and

could not have said it better myself.

09FishNaked1.jpg

#9 StarHart

StarHart

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 86,400 posts
  • LocationNS & MO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

It looks to me like we'll likely be playing Green Bay...... and given their secondary, it sure would be nice to see Romo out there carving them to pieces!

• trubluthrunthru likes this

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain....... and most fools do.  ~  Dale Carnegie

Sometimes good things fall apart, so better things can fall together. ~ Marilyn Monroe

#10 StarHart

StarHart

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 86,400 posts
  • LocationNS & MO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

I believe this team would rally around, and perform well behind either one of our QBs..... and I think we can win with either one of them on the field.  That said..... as I have all year, I still think our chances are a little better with Romo than they are with Dak.

• trubluthrunthru and BlueStarInNY like this

#11 big wally

big wally

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas USA

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

I understand why they'll be starting Dak, and he has done a great deal to earn that start...... but in doing so, I think it's even more clear now, that we're NOT putting our best QB on the field.

13-3 does not convince you ??

#3 QBR rating and #3 passer rating does not convince you ?

Clinching playoffs 1st with #1 seed ???

Well, ROMO's performance yesterday did not change my mind.

His 1st pass was "VERY" close to being intercepted.

I applaud his TD to T-Will and I'm glad ROMO's here but

I'm not convinced we'd be any better with ROMO and

his prone to injury is still there.

ROMO throws a better deep ball but

he can't run like DAK and

when did he ever go through a whole season with only 4 INT's ??

I'm OK with our DAK and Dunk offense.

It controls the clock and

keeps our suspect defense off the field.

If we win our 1st playoff game DAK will be getting us further than ROMO did in 13 years.

And he's a rookie.

If anything, I'm really looking forward to next year

when the rookies aren't any more.

Go COWBOYS !!

• 54doomsday likes this

09FishNaked1.jpg

#12 freeb

freeb

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

Green Bay's secondary is worse than it was the first time we played them after last night. In the first game, Dak threw for 3 TDs in  and Zeke ran for 157. Cowboys are a better team now, especially defensively. Dak and Zeke will light them up. 

I agree Star, it'd be nice to see Romo in there, it's hard to swallow the fact he's been the QB and leader of this team for so long, and isn't playing now that the team has a chance to win it all. I love the guy, he's class all the way. Just bad luck man, hits us all from time to time.

"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

#13 StarHart

StarHart

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 86,400 posts
  • LocationNS & MO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

Wally...... You're tying Dak's performance to team stats, as if Romo would not have been able to do the same or better in the same situation with the same team around him...... I don't buy it.  I also don't get why you feel the need to "diss" Romo in that way, or to pretend that I'm somehow "dissing" Dak.

AND...... Romo's first pass was close to being intercepted because Williams quit on the route and wasn't where he should have been.

• trubluthrunthru and wamccoy like this

#14 54doomsday

54doomsday

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,365 posts
  • LocationIn yo head

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

When was the last time 9 rushed for almost 300 yards (4.9ypc!) and 6 TD's?

This is one aspect of 4's game people don't seem to want to acknowledge. Tell me the last time a D-coordinator had to worry about 9 taking off? It's been at least a decade. 

Now, that said, I was smiling ear to ear when Romo matriculated the ball down the field for 6 like he was not even trying. 

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere" ~ Voltaire

x0wa6geewhonu3dbjnmi.gif

#15 54doomsday

54doomsday

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,365 posts
  • LocationIn yo head

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:46 PM

Green Bay's secondary is worse than it was the first time we played them after last night. In the first game, Dak threw for 3 TDs in  and Zeke ran for 157. Cowboys are a better team now, especially defensively. Dak and Zeke will light them up. 

I agree Star, it'd be nice to see Romo in there, it's hard to swallow the fact he's been the QB and leader of this team for so long, and isn't playing now that the team has a chance to win it all. I love the guy, he's class all the way. Just bad luck man, hits us all from time to time.

A lesser man would've let this develop into a QB controversy that only some fans think we have. Not Romo though. He is the ultimate pro. 

• Math_Nerd_3_14 likes this

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere" ~ Voltaire

x0wa6geewhonu3dbjnmi.gif

#16 winstar

winstar

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 35,869 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, TX

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

Well that just sux.....guess there is no chance I get to see Bease or Free at QB.

• gamewatcher likes this

"Age is a high price to pay for maturity"

#17 Bullitt.Bob

Bullitt.Bob

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Locationthe dog house

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

Dak's team ,Romo awesome back up ! roll with what got you here! Go Cowboys!!

#18 StarHart

StarHart

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 86,400 posts
  • LocationNS & MO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

When was the last time 9 rushed for almost 300 yards (4.9ypc!) and 6 TD's?

This is one aspect of 4's game people don't seem to want to acknowledge. Tell me the last time a D-coordinator had to worry about 9 taking off? It's been at least a decade. 

Now, that said, I was smiling ear to ear when Romo matriculated the ball down the field for 6 like he was not even trying. 

I don't know about "people" but I've been clear that Dak can do things in the running game that Romo can't....... and Romo can do things in the passing game that Dak can't.

• trubluthrunthru, Shawn_ and Math_Nerd_3_14 like this

#19 Math_Nerd_3_14

Math_Nerd_3_14

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,742 posts
  • LocationDenton, Texas

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:53 PM

You could suck me in with that comment but nah, just nah

You sound bitter

13-3 does not convince you ??
#3 QBR rating and #3 passer rating does not convince you ?
Clinching playoffs 1st with #1 seed ???
Well, ROMO's performance yesterday did not change my mind.
His 1st pass was "VERY" close to being intercepted.
I applaud his TD to T-Will and I'm glad ROMO's here but
I'm not convinced we'd be any better with ROMO and
his prone to injury is still there.
ROMO throws a better deep ball but
he can't run like DAK and
when did he ever go through a whole season with only 4 INT's ??
I'm OK with our DAK and Dunk offense.
It controls the clock and
keeps our suspect defense off the field.
If we win our 1st playoff game DAK will be getting us further than ROMO did in 13 years.
And he's a rookie.
If anything, I'm really looking forward to next year
when the rookies aren't any more.

Go COWBOYS !!

Still doesn't necessarily

I may be a kid, but so is Dak and look at what he's accomplishing

#20 StarHart

StarHart

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 86,400 posts
  • LocationNS & MO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:54 PM

Dak's mobility, and ability to run the ball is a huge asset...... as is Romo's ability to read defenses and work through progressions.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and as I said, I think both can win.  It would be unfair to expect Dak to have the same skills that Romo has acquired and refined over a long career, but those skills and experience are valuable with Romo now, and will be to Dak in the future.

• trubluthrunthru likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skinny Post, Into the Light