12 replies to this topic

#1 BIG72

BIG72

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

Why did they shut down the comments? It's a pain in the ass to come to the "fan forums". Definitely decreased my interest and visits to the site.
  • bluesilver68, Docwild, Daddio 132 and 1 other like this

#2 bluesilver68

bluesilver68

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,251 posts
  • Locationis a place where someone can find you.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:21 PM

Why did they shut down the comments? It's a pain in the ass to come to the "fan forums". Definitely decreased my interest and visits to the site.

It was because the site was being over run by spammers. The web host believes this to be the best solution. So far no spam....but we my have lost many fans who don't know how to post through the 'fan forums'.

Sorry to hear of your decreased interest. But I still consider you a Cowboy brother. Hope to see you around....if not I totally understand.

• Needmorerings likes this

80c65ad012248307f6c623cddbbb1e31.jpg

#3 BIG72

BIG72

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for the reply. Fan forever, but there are better places to discuss the team and interact with other fans now. It's strange that spammers are really that big of deal that they would shut down the whole comment section. Seems like there would be other options.

#4 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • LocationEastern annex of Texas called Louisiana

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:10 AM

deagleton posts a link to the sites for those of us from the other area.  It moves off the screen quickly though.  I rarely see any of the old group.  There were a whole lot of new people in this area, but it's thinned out with so many Cowboy fans on suicide watch.

• BIG72 likes this

#5 BenGone

BenGone

• Moderators
  • 1,905 posts
  • LocationFort Worth

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:11 PM

deagleton posts a link to the sites for those of us from the other area.  It moves off the screen quickly though.  I rarely see any of the old group.  There were a whole lot of new people in this area, but it's thinned out with so many Cowboy fans on suicide watch.

This time of year the traffic dies considerably.  

Lurk more, post less

DFWsportsbanner_zpsz4msorfn.png

DFW!

When you go to bed at night, you pray to God for the health and safety of Sean Lee.

#6 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:55 PM

This time of year the traffic dies considerably.  

I know it does.  Our team is now on vacation and some people have the audacity to keep playing football. 

#7 BenGone

BenGone

• Moderators
  • 1,905 posts
  • LocationFort Worth

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:34 PM

I know it does.  Our team is now on vacation and some people have the audacity to keep playing football. 

Bloody wankers.

• Needmorerings likes this

Lurk more, post less

DFWsportsbanner_zpsz4msorfn.png

DFW!

When you go to bed at night, you pray to God for the health and safety of Sean Lee.

#8 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

I miss watching our Cowboys.  I should know this, but when does football start again?  July?  Why can't the NFL spread out and give teams four bye weeks to heal up and stretch football out an extra month?  Do it for the children!

#9 Bigbubba

Bigbubba

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

Agreed.  It is a pain coming here to comment.  I too have decreased my visits to the site, but not just for this reason: also, because of the Cowboys again fouling things up when stakes are high.  And guess what?  This time you don't have Romo to throw under the bus.  It was Prescott who threw the redzone interception that could have put points on the board that could have won the game.  Also, who gives a flippin' flip about all these post-season accolades that are being placed on this mediocre team.  The only stat that matters is "one and done...again...and again...and again."

#10 Shawn_

Shawn_

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,063 posts
  • LocationCentralTexas

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:40 AM

Too bad the MODS wont or cant pass on the thoughts of the fan base.. and its difficult to locate the topics to respond to.. 

No good deed goes unpunished..

tenor.gif

#11 bluedocd

bluedocd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationIndy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

Well i still come here to vent so here goes: First Shawn your open letter to Jason Garret....really. That's a dumb a letter as I've seen. Garret didn't call the play. Second, to pass wasn't a horrible call, just more likely that the run could have been better, but no guarantee. Third, you say "score either TD for win".....I thought that is what they were trying to do anyway! That's the reason they didn't play down the clock! They were going more for the win than just tying!!! Fourth- Jason Garret wasn't on the field pass rushing or pass defending on the Rodgers 30+ yd pass to set up the green bay winning field goal! 

Wow man....I respected you before but that open letter.....wow....you dumb man...just dumb.

Now on to Jeff Heath. Now folks want him to take over the starting role for safety to replace Church. Heath may have some athletic skills, but the kid ain't very smart....and the athletic skills ...i'm being generous, because they ain't that damn good either.

I remember the blitz sack he had on Rodgers. If he doesn't come in blazing like a crazy and actually used his brain, he had a damn good chance to strip Rodgers of the ball. Go back and look at the play. Once he get's within striking distance of Rodgers he should have realized that he could do a hellva lot better than just sack him. He should have went for the ball and tried to cause a fumble. Instead, it's just a sack and green bay goes on to win. Jeff Heath has always sucked. That last game he sucked less, but that don't change the fact the kid is a suck-ass safety and got no business being a starter. Period. 

Moderators are number 1!

#12 LOCoach

LOCoach

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

Well i still come here to vent so here goes: First Shawn your open letter to Jason Garret....really. That's a dumb a letter as I've seen. Garret didn't call the play. Second, to pass wasn't a horrible call, just more likely that the run could have been better, but no guarantee. Third, you say "score either TD for win".....I thought that is what they were trying to do anyway! That's the reason they didn't play down the clock! They were going more for the win than just tying!!! Fourth- Jason Garret wasn't on the field pass rushing or pass defending on the Rodgers 30+ yd pass to set up the green bay winning field goal! 
Wow man....I respected you before but that open letter.....wow....you dumb man...just dumb.

Now on to Jeff Heath. Now folks want him to take over the starting role for safety to replace Church. Heath may have some athletic skills, but the kid ain't very smart....and the athletic skills ...i'm being generous, because they ain't that damn good either.
I remember the blitz sack he had on Rodgers. If he doesn't come in blazing like a crazy and actually used his brain, he had a damn good chance to strip Rodgers of the ball. Go back and look at the play. Once he get's within striking distance of Rodgers he should have realized that he could do a hellva lot better than just sack him. He should have went for the ball and tried to cause a fumble. Instead, it's just a sack and green bay goes on to win. Jeff Heath has always sucked. That last game he sucked less, but that don't change the fact the kid is a suck-ass safety and got no business being a starter. Period.

its so stupid and I get to read it twice. I'll take one huge guess as to why you don't like Heath.

#13 LOCoach

LOCoach

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

I think that some of the traffic dies down beacause of ignorant posters. I can only take so much before I have have to stop reading. I come for intelligent dialog. I don't care if you think a player "suck". Anonymous posting in a overly negative way is chicken s***.

Nobody here can play at this level. Express your opinion and back it up with just a little fact. Show some level of respect. If not for the player than for fans of that player.

But that is a pipe dream that will never be realized until names come with a handle. This is twitter without a character limit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users