#1 Bulletbob22

Bulletbob22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:51 AM

FYI - "One & Done" was indicative of my frustration with the team's performance in the playoffs and not based on the number of possible mocks I was going to do.

2017 Edition

Rnd   Pick               Player                       Position     School              Height   Weight
1          28   Vidauntae "Taco" Charlton*       DE              Michigan           6-5       272
2          60   Gareon Conley*                         CB             Ohio State         6-1       195
3          92   Kevin King                                 CB/S           Washington       6-3       192
4        123   Kendell Beckwith                        ILB             LSU                  6-2        245
       155   Josh Reynolds                           WR             Texas A&M       6-4        190
       186   Erik Magnuson                           OT             Michigan           6-4        303
7        218   Jamaal Williams                         RB              BYU                  6-1        220

*Junior

There may be a comp in there but not going to guess. I like Chris McCaffrey as a "slash" type player RB/WR/PR/KR but he would have to be a comp pick as we have Def needs. It wouldn't surprise me that if he was still on the board at 60, JJ knocks over his bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label trying to get to the phone with Stephen around his neck holding him back.

Jamaal Williams - Yea, we need one like a hole in the head but we don't know what is going on with Zeke's domestic crap and we stupidly lost Darius Jackson so...

FA - JPP is intriguing but he will demand multiple years and may be out of our range but he would be an immediate impact player.

Additional Info:

For Fun:

EDIT:
Guess it's official. No comps this year.  <_<

• #22 Rulzs and thestar4ever like this

"I'm thrilled, I'm grateful, I'm blessed. I played for the world's greatest professional sports team in history. Once a Dallas Cowboy, always a Dallas Cowboy."
Bob Hayes

#2 DanAn

DanAn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

We don't have a 5th, we have an extra 7th and there are no compensatory picks.....no guessing involved. The only possibility for us getting more picks are trades (Eg: Romo)

I really like the draft but doubt Conley falls to pick 60. I think he's 1st round, I'm also skeptical of a 6'4 OT actually making it as an OT, I suspect people will say he's a guard in the NFL. That's fine but I'm not sure that's what you're gong for.

• Bulletbob22 likes this

#3 cnuball21

cnuball21

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,196 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

I'm on the fence on Charlton. Don't know what to think of him yet and unsure of he has the athleticism to be a good DE.

Conley will not be available with our 2nd pick. He may be a 1st rounder.

• Bulletbob22 and #1GM-Will-McClay-Jr.-Jr. like this

#4 Bulletbob22

Bulletbob22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

We don't have a 5th, we have an extra 7th and there are no compensatory picks.....no guessing involved. The only possibility for us getting more picks are trades (Eg: Romo)

I really like the draft but doubt Conley falls to pick 60. I think he's 1st round, I'm also skeptical of a 6'4 OT actually making it as an OT, I suspect people will say he's a guard in the NFL. That's fine but I'm not sure that's what you're gong for.

Also my thoughts on Conley but one never knows. I mean, Dak in the 4th round? Also, thanks for the callouts.  :P

"I'm thrilled, I'm grateful, I'm blessed. I played for the world's greatest professional sports team in history. Once a Dallas Cowboy, always a Dallas Cowboy."
Bob Hayes

#5 Bulletbob22

Bulletbob22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

Like your comment on JPP but way out of our league as far as what he wants I suspect. JPP, Melvin Ingram and Calais Campbell would be on my radar as FA's but probably all out of our league for cap reasons. 

Throw a TE in there in the top three rounds and we can cook with that

I also liked Campbell too and Peppers but Peppers has a lot of mileage your thoughts on Campbell/JPP being out of range are probably spot on but hey, JJ has done some crazy things in the past so...

On the TE: With Witten, Swaim and Gathers (hopefully) I think we're good. Not sure about Hanna's situation.

• thestar4ever likes this

Bob Hayes

#6 Bulletbob22

Bulletbob22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

I'm on the fence on Charlton. Don't know what to think of him yet and unsure of he has the athleticism to be a good DE.

Conley will not be available with our 2nd pick. He may be a 1st rounder.

On Charlton, the guy's a Jr at 6-5 272 and that's beast in my book with nothing but upside. That clay molded in the right hands (hopefully Marinelli's) could be awesome.

• 918 Spyder likes this

Bob Hayes

#7 Bulletbob22

Bulletbob22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Just think Witten is at the end of his career. Contract up at the end of 2017 and I wouldn't extend. Yeah, have some hopes for Swain they may be unfounded hopes. We've seen such a small set from him. Unfortunate he missed the whole season. Gathers, nothing there either. For a position that's been so important for us over the years on offense, I see it as a very grey area. This is a strong draft for TE. I'd seriously consider taking a TE in the top 3 rounds. Hate me if you want  :)

Could never hate anyone in blue. Maybe ignore if they were being a PITA (present company currently excluded) hehe. I could see JJ giving Witt a team friendly one year deal. If we did go TE, it would have to be in the 2nd rnd where we seem to have a history of questionable picks. For me, DE, CB/S for first two and WHATEVER after those...

Bob Hayes

#8 cnuball21

cnuball21

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,196 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

On Charlton, the guy's a Jr at 6-5 272 and that's beast in my book with nothing but upside. That clay molded in the right hands (hopefully Marinelli's) could be awesome.

Charlton just looks slow to me. Good size, length and power but I don't think he has the burst and bend to be an good NFL DE.

I think he'd be best suited to pack on some pounds and kick inside to be a 3T like TC.

• czarnickolas likes this

#9 Bulletbob22

Bulletbob22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

Charlton just looks slow to me. Good size, length and power but I don't think he has the burst and bend to be an good NFL DE.

I think he'd be best suited to pack on some pounds and kick inside to be a 3T like TC.

Unfortunately, anyone with those nice DE qualities will be plucked before selection 28. If you are correct in your analysis of Charlton, Marinelli would probably move him inside after trying him outside in preseason to see what he has to work with. College tape is one thing but watching a guy work against NFL caliber 1st-2nd year guys after some NFL coaching is another.

Bob Hayes

#10 cnuball21

cnuball21

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,196 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:16 PM

Unfortunately, anyone with those nice DE qualities will be plucked before selection 28. If you are correct in your analysis of Charlton, Marinelli would probably move him inside after trying him outside in preseason to see what he has to work with. College tape is one thing but watching a guy work against NFL caliber 1st-2nd year guys after some NFL coaching is another.

We've got a log jam at 3T so it just doesn't make sense.

I'm cool with a DT at 28 but they need to be more of a 1T run clogger.

• Bulletbob22 likes this

#11 Bulletbob22

Bulletbob22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:48 PM

We've got a log jam at 3T so it just doesn't make sense.

I'm cool with a DT at 28 but they need to be more of a 1T run clogger.

Agreed.

Bob Hayes

#12 Bulletbob22

Bulletbob22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

I'm OK with a team friendly one year BUT we need to draft his successor now. That allows one year to learn the position, both as a blocker and a pass catching downfield threat. That's what Witten has been throughout his career except he's no longer a downfield threat and his blocking was way under his standards this year. I've heard that Gathers is developing in his route running and pass catching ability but his blocking ability leaves much to be desired. We'll see on Gathers and we have no idea what we have in Swaim yet

Yep, then there's the Hanna question. He has been very serviceable for us and I'm not sure why his name isn't being mentioned in any media related to the TE position of late.

Bob Hayes

#13 ironman366

ironman366

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

Swaim was the best TE not named Witten to prove he could block and catch untill he got hurt. Hope he continues to develop.
  • Bulletbob22 and 918 Spyder like this

#14 ironman366

ironman366

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

2017 Edition

Rnd Pick Player Position School Height Weight
1 28 Vidauntae "Taco" Charlton* DE Michigan 6-5 272
2 60 Gareon Conley* CB Ohio State 6-1 195
3 92 Kevin King CB/S Washington 6-3 192
4 123 Kendell Beckwith ILB LSU 6-2 245
6 155 Josh Reynolds WR Texas A&M 6-4 190
7 186 Erik Magnuson OT Michigan 6-4 303
7 218 Jamaal Williams RB BYU 6-1 220

*Junior

There may be a comp in there but not going to guess. I like Chris McCaffrey as a "slash" type player RB/WR/PR/KR but he would have to be a comp pick as we have Def needs. It wouldn't surprise me that if he was still on the board at 60, JJ knocks over his bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label trying to get to the phone with Stephen around his neck holding him back.

Jamaal Williams - Yea, we need one like a hole in the head but we don't know what is going on with Zeke's domestic crap and we stupidly lost Darius Jackson so...

FA - JPP is intriguing but he will demand multiple years and may be out of our range but he would be an immediate impact player.

Additional Info:

BtB Prospect Profile: Taco Charlton

For Fun:
What If Cowboys Had Listened To ESPN's Mel Kiper And Todd McShay In The Last Seven Drafts?

I think an ot in the 7th is a waste. Wouldnt even come close to making the team if free and green are healthy. And if either gets injured in camp there are always late pick or udfa guys of that calibre available.

#15 Bulletbob22

Bulletbob22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:00 AM

I think an ot in the 7th is a waste. Wouldnt even come close to making the team if free and green are healthy. And if either gets injured in camp there are always late pick or udfa guys of that calibre available.

Maybe, but my thought on 1st team all Big Ten Magnuson was that the staff would probably look to make him a swing tackle or make him play guard and try Collins out at the RT spot. With Leary, Green and Free all question marks next season, it would be some youthful insurance rather than rummage through the scrap heap looking for a "healthy" vet in FA. At the very least replenish the scout team depth.  :)

Bob Hayes

#16 ironman366

ironman366

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:30 PM

Maybe, but my thought on 1st team all Big Ten Magnuson was that the staff would probably look to make him a swing tackle or make him play guard and try Collins out at the RT Tackle spot. With Leary, Green and Free all question marks next season, it would be some youthful insurance rather than rummage through the scrap heap looking for a "healthy" vet in FA. At the very least replenish the scout team depth.  :)

It would make more sense to draft a backup tackle after Free's contract is up.  So next year we will draft a tackle.  Either a starting tackle and green is a backup or a midround backup in case green is injured. 

#17 Dallas7272

Dallas7272

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:56 PM

Need a TE like Butts in 3rd or 4th...Witten 35. Escobar FA...it's a NEED

#18 Bulletbob22

Bulletbob22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:07 AM

2017 Edition

Rnd   Pick               Player                       Position     School              Height   Weight
1          28   Vidauntae "Taco" Charlton*       DE              Michigan           6-5       272
2          60   Gareon Conley*                         CB             Ohio State         6-1       195
3          92   Kevin King                                 CB/S           Washington       6-3       192
4        123   Kendell Beckwith                        ILB             LSU                  6-2        245
6        155   Josh Reynolds                           WR             Texas A&M       6-4        190
7        186   Erik Magnuson                           OT             Michigan           6-4        303
7        218   Jamaal Williams                         RB              BYU                  6-1        220

*Junior

Additional Info:

For Fun:

For alternatives at P#28 if available because speed kills and Taco is projected to go in the top 15 (I don't see it):

Jabrill Peppers

Chris McCaffrey

Bob Hayes

#19 hadenough

hadenough

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts
  • LocationDuval County

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

2017 Edition

155   Josh Reynolds                           WR             Texas A&M       6-4        190
       186   Erik Magnuson                           OT             Michigan           6-4        303

*Junior

Additional Info:

For Fun:

Are you ******* kidding me about KIper and Shays last draft picks. What BS charts!! They have Elliotts aproximate value as a 16 and Claibornes value as 15 and Byron JOnes at a 10 while Dez is valued at 56. Something is not right!!

#20 Dallas7272

Dallas7272

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

King is a high 2nd rounder...and Josh Reynolds is a 2-3rd projection

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: draft, mock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users