Just Odd Little Stuff

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,680 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

During our super bowl 92 season, we lost to the Eagles 31-7. 

Just found it ironic, as I've seen some posters claim that those super bowl winners dominated like every game they played.  

• thestar4ever likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#2 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,680 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

They certainly didn't dominate every team they played during the regular season. Aikman had this knack for bringing his A game in the playoffs. One of biggest difference between the 90's SB teams and this one is coaching. The 90's teams were always well prepared. I can't imagine that Jimmy/Norv would have called for a spike on our last possession with that much time on the clock and TO's in out pocket. Really bad call by a coach lost in the big game finality.

Actually, I truly believe they would have.

What they wouldn't have done is go pass happy and stay away from running the ball.  

• Rawhide 74, cowboyfan927 and BigBlueStarNation like this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#3 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,680 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:41 AM

Get this:   Although it's not an official NFL stat, the record for the longest pass w/ no YAC is 83 yds.    83 frickin' yds in the air.    And guess who it was?

Our own Don Meredith to Bob Bullet Hayes.   Dude had a cannon. 

• cowboyfan927 and BigBlueStarNation like this

#4 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

Just found it ironic, as I've seen some posters claim that those super bowl winners dominated like every game they played.  

The deal was, Jimmy jacked them up just before the playoffs.

Get this:   Although it's not an official NFL stat, the record for the longest pass w/ no YAC is 83 yds.    83 frickin' yds in the air.    And guess who it was?

And I was in the stands watching that day. Dandy could chuck that pigskin.

• kskboys likes this

Don't know if I want to be a member of a forum, that would have me as a member

#5 Cowboy Eric

Cowboy Eric

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

wow....would love to have seen it.
Love Dandy Don.
Tough QB....was my dads favorite Cowboy.
  • kskboys likes this

#6 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,680 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

For about 6 years, Dandy Don toiled for one of the worst teams in football behind a horrid OLine.    Accomplishing what he did was amazing.   

#7 Cowboy Eric

Cowboy Eric

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:29 AM

oh-yeah....my dad told me the stories.
In my opinion Dandy Don and Danny White are the 2 most under-appreciated QBs in our history.
  • Rawhide 74 likes this

#8 Rawhide 74

Rawhide 74

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts
  • Location15 miles from the Linc

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

oh-yeah....my dad told me the stories.
In my opinion Dandy Don and Danny White are the 2 most under-appreciated QBs in our history.

Agreed I think that many who pine about how hard Romo has had things never watched the struggles these guys went through  

• kskboys likes this

#9 Rawhide 74

Rawhide 74

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

Watched a movie last night called Catch 44 .   Made in 2011 had Bruce Willis and Forrest Wittaker in it .   Bruce Willis is talking to the Hottest girl in the Movie about baseball and Pete Rose .

The girl says screw baseball she is a football girl and likes Roger Staubach   It was great she could have said anybody but he is still Captain America after being out of football for 30 yrs .   Made me wonder if Romos name will come up in cinema in 2050

Hey its called odd little stuff I think this fits LOL

• kskboys and Needmorerings like this

#10 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

The girl couldn't help herself.  Football is good stuff.  Baseball is mind numbing.

• Rawhide 74 and 408Cowboy like this

#11 Rawhide 74

Rawhide 74

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

The girl couldn't help herself.  Football is good stuff.  Baseball is mind numbing.

And the truly great players like Roger  transcend time and leave an impression in your memory that is never forgotten .

• Needmorerings likes this

#12 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

And the truly great players like Roger  transcend time and leave an impression in your memory that is never forgotten .

Yes they do!  Lots of great names and many fond memories.

#13 *Tlaw

*Tlaw

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationHome of Uncle Sam, NY

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

Tlaw is a great name that transcends and leaves impressions in your memory that you wish were forgotten.

#14 Flamma

Flamma

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:02 AM

I remember that game.  Both teams undefeated early in the season.  Keep in mind that the game was in Philly and they were a damn tough team.  Them along with about 4-5 other teams in the NFC would have beaten the Bills too.  It was a night nothing seem to go right or Dallas.  Including what would have been a pick 6 had the DB not dropped it.  But I still remember thinking we were better, and get them back in Dallas.  Why do I remember this so well?

Monday night and I'm watching the game with a friend.  My girlfriend just decides to show up midgame, unannounced.  Then proceeds to tell me that a deer hit her car and wants me to see if it's ok. :blink: Yes, she's from the city.  Already in a bad mood, now in a worse mood, I may have been a bit of a jerk.  Needless to say, the night did not go well. 

#15 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,019 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

And Hayes had the speed to go and get it.....

Perfect combo.....  

• oakclifford22 likes this

fmj-blanket-party-o.gif

#16 oakclifford22

oakclifford22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

For about 6 years, Dandy Don toiled for one of the worst teams in football behind a horrid OLine.    Accomplishing what he did was amazing.   

The musers on the ticket told a story one time about how he was booed in a nightclub or diner after a game in which he had to peel the mud off of his facemask over and over again. He got his feelings hurt so bad that night that he decided right then that he didn't want to be the qb of this team anymore. great story, sad tale........

#17 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,019 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:06 AM

The musers on the ticket told a story one time about how he was booed in a nightclub or diner after a game in which he had to peel the mud off of his facemask over and over again. He got his feelings hurt so bad that night that he decided right then that he didn't want to be the qb of this team anymore. great story, sad tale........

It's a true story.

He took such a horrific beating that game, he was hospitalized afterward for a bit.

They booed him out of a restaurant.

Shameful.

• kskboys likes this

fmj-blanket-party-o.gif

#18 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,680 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

It's a true story.

He took such a horrific beating that game, he was hospitalized afterward for a bit.

They booed him out of a restaurant.

Shameful.

And we see Romo getting the same treatment while he was dragging a badly constructed team to mediocrity.    Luck, Cam, Brees, Rivers, Flacco, Eli, Ryan:   all those guys didn't win w/ a bad D and/or OL.     Some get bashed, some get excuses made.    Really strange stuff.

• cowboyfan927 likes this

#19 oakclifford22

oakclifford22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:17 PM

And we see Romo getting the same treatment while he was dragging a badly constructed team to mediocrity.    Luck, Cam, Brees, Rivers, Flacco, Eli, Ryan:   all those guys didn't win w/ a bad D and/or OL.     Some get bashed, some get excuses made.    Really strange stuff.

So true bro. Warren Moon basically closed down the Houston franchise after his inability to win a SB. 5 Grey Cups and a poor second half in Buffalo, a punch on the sidelines and the rest is history. The Oiler's receivers in '91 were probably the best corp of receivers to grace the field until the Greatest show on Turf and the Vikings trio of Carter, Moss and Jake Reed dropped in to get their butts kicked by Jamal Anderson and Dan Reeves......*sigh* Guys get blamed and entire directions are changed due to high expectations...........

• cowboyfan927 likes this

#20 Flamma

Flamma

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

So true bro. Warren Moon basically closed down the Houston franchise after his inability to win a SB. 5 Grey Cups and a poor second half in Buffalo, a punch on the sidelines and the rest is history. The Oiler's receivers in '91 were probably the best corp of receivers to grace the field until the Greatest show on Turf and the Vikings trio of Carter, Moss and Jake Reed dropped in to get their butts kicked by Jamal Anderson and Dan Reeves......*sigh* Guys get blamed and entire directions are changed due to high expectations...........

'91 and '92.  That '92 Oilers team would have given the Cowboys way more trouble than Buffalo did.  Unlike the '91 team, that lost to Denver is stunning fashion, and never would have beaten the Redskins anyway, the '92 team had a wicked defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users