3 replies to this topic

#1 FantasyFootball

FantasyFootball

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

I play in an auction fantasy league with keepers, and we get to keep up to 3 players we drafted last year at the value they went for. This year, I was fortunate enough to keep 3 studs at $10 or less ($300 auction limit). 

David Johnson $4

Allen Robinson $8

Julian Edelman $7

(side note: Robinson turned out not to be a stud!) 

Knowing that I had two studs at WR and David Johnson, I figured I would draft Ezekiel Elliott as high as the auction went. Well, I ended up drafting him for $112, which is more than 1/3 of the total limit. With that said, next year I'll probably keep Johnson at $4, Edelman  at $7, and I am seriously considering Zeke at $112. That would give me two RB 1's (maybe the top 2 RBs in the NFL) and a WR1 for $123, leaving $177 to fill other roster spots (remaining spots are 1 QB, 1 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D, 7 Bench). 

Is that crazy?

#2 LeedsCowboys

LeedsCowboys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:53 AM

I play in an auction fantasy league with keepers, and we get to keep up to 3 players we drafted last year at the value they went for. This year, I was fortunate enough to keep 3 studs at $10 or less ($300 auction limit). 

David Johnson $4

Allen Robinson $8

Julian Edelman $7

(side note: Robinson turned out not to be a stud!) 

Knowing that I had two studs at WR and David Johnson, I figured I would draft Ezekiel Elliott as high as the auction went. Well, I ended up drafting him for $112, which is more than 1/3 of the total limit. With that said, next year I'll probably keep Johnson at $4, Edelman  at $7, and I am seriously considering Zeke at $112. That would give me two RB 1's (maybe the top 2 RBs in the NFL) and a WR1 for $123, leaving $177 to fill other roster spots (remaining spots are 1 QB, 1 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D, 7 Bench). 

Is that crazy?

Yes, you are left with an avg $12 for each remaining player, sounds a lot but its not, look at a one of the rookie RB to come in this year, you should get cheaply.

• FantasyFootball likes this

darryl-moose-johnston.jpg

#3 FantasyFootball

FantasyFootball

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

I'm not too worried about my bench, I should be able to pick up a bunch of players for $5 or less. FWIW, it's a 14 team league, and if I had 2 of the top RB's, I think i'd be sitting pretty. 

#4 LeedsCowboys

LeedsCowboys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

I'm not too worried about my bench, I should be able to pick up a bunch of players for $5 or less. FWIW, it's a 14 team league, and if I had 2 of the top RB's, I think i'd be sitting pretty. 

Cook should be as good as  DJ fantasy wise in 2017  and you will get him cheaper than EE, you need to factor your bench for injuries and byes, if you were to lose a top player you have no one of equal talent to replace him with.

darryl-moose-johnston.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ezekiel Elliott, fantasy football, auction value

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users