#1 DDdave2

DDdave2

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:44 PM

First episode was definitely a trip (literally). Liked the Syd Barrett character homage to Pink Floyd. Will have to watch more to see if this is a keeper. Thoughts (crazier the better lol)?

"Enough with the trick plays Bert, run the dang ball"

#2 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,072 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

I haven't seen it yet. I'll check it out because of the X-Men tie-in. Hopefully it's better than the recent X-Men films.

pxLLlRs.png?2

#3 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,756 posts
  • LocationPJG Stealth Ops.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

I haven't seen it yet. I'll check it out because of the X-Men tie-in. Hopefully it's better than the recent X-Men films.

It would have to bad in a legendary way to be worse than X-men 3. 

• Juggernaut and DDdave2 like this

#4 DDdave2

DDdave2

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

I missed episode 2 last night. Catch up on the weekend.

#5 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,888 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:11 AM

I watched it because of the X-Men connection but I gave up one of the worst shows I've ever tried to watch.
  • kskboys likes this
Nobody owes you anything life is what you make of it.

#6 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 41,879 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

I watched it because of the X-Men connection but I gave up one of the worst shows I've ever tried to watch.

It's a convoluted mess so far.     I watched the 2nd one, and it was slightly better, but not all that much.    It's time for them to cut the crapp and continuous flashbacks and get to some meaningful storyline stuff.     Why do we watch stuff like this?   For cool effects and weird stuff.     I think maybe they're trying to be weird, but it's ended up being convoluted and rather stupid instead.  

I'll give them one more show, but I'm close to done.  

• DDdave2 likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#7 DDdave2

DDdave2

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

It's a convoluted mess so far.     I watched the 2nd one, and it was slightly better, but not all that much.    It's time for them to cut the crapp and continuous flashbacks and get to some meaningful storyline stuff.     Why do we watch stuff like this?   For cool effects and weird stuff.     I think maybe they're trying to be weird, but it's ended up being convoluted and rather stupid instead.  

Agree. Shows like this take 4-5 episodes to build the character and storyline up. They usually lose a lot of viewers up front.

#8 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,888 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

It's a convoluted mess so far. I watched the 2nd one, and it was slightly better, but not all that much. It's time for them to cut the crapp and continuous flashbacks and get to some meaningful storyline stuff. Why do we watch stuff like this? For cool effects and weird stuff. I think maybe they're trying to be weird, but it's ended up being convoluted and rather stupid instead.

You are stronger than me. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity and flash backs.
  • kskboys likes this
Nobody owes you anything life is what you make of it.

#9 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,072 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:58 AM

I watched the first two episodes. I'm not a fan of the mixing modern-day elements with 1960s design, it reminds me too much of the awful Gotham show. I liked the acting and the few action sequences, but the plot is too incoherent. The first episode was hard to follow. The second episode was more coherent, but it lacked the action from the first episode. Hopefully the show continues to become more coherent and also remembers to include more action.

• kskboys likes this

pxLLlRs.png?2

#10 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 41,879 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

I watched the first two episodes. I'm not a fan of the mixing modern-day elements with 1960s design, it reminds me too much of the awful Gotham show. I liked the acting and the few action sequences, but the plot is too incoherent. The first episode was hard to follow. The second episode was more coherent, but it lacked the action from the first episode. Hopefully the show continues to become more coherent and also remembers to include more action.

Yeah, I wasn't even going to continue watching, but then the dude in the black suit came in and started whisking away the bad dudes w/ his hands.   That looked cool.   Need more stuff like that and less weird stuff.    Wierd stuff is only good if it's entertaining, this show is weird seemingly just for the sake of being weird.  

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#11 DDdave2

DDdave2

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

So I made it through Ep 4 barely. Way overkill on the memory crap. One more episode and if it's still not going anywhere I'm done.

#12 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 41,879 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:27 AM

So I made it through Ep 4 barely. Way overkill on the memory crap. One more episode and if it's still not going anywhere I'm done.

I watched about 15-20 minutes of Ep 4, and quit.   I'm done.   No way it should take 4 shows to even become mildly entertaining. 

Too bad, the girl is a hottie. 

#13 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,072 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

I've seen all the episodes so far. They finally showed another fight scene at the end of episode 4. The flashbacks seem to be fewer. Hopefully the slow pace finally ends now that the audience knows who the Shadow King has been masquerading as. They may have killed off another character or two since they're connected. But we hardly knew them so their possible loss is meaningless and was just used to make The Eye an even bigger foil to defeat.

pxLLlRs.png?2

#14 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,072 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

I watched episode 5. It was the most linear and thus coherent episode so far. I wish they showed all the action from the attack instead of closed-circuit security footage highlights. The worst part was the confusing cliffhanger ending.

• DDdave2 likes this

pxLLlRs.png?2

#15 DDdave2

DDdave2

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

I watched episode 5. It was the most linear and thus coherent episode so far. I wish they showed all the action from the attack instead of closed-circuit security footage highlights. The worst part was the confusing cliffhanger ending.

Episode 5 kept me just interested enough for one more. Wise decision or glutton for punishment? Find out soon enough. :rolleyes:

• kskboys likes this

#16 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,072 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:11 AM

Episode 6 didn't amount to much. No real forward movement of the actual plot. At least by the end of the episode the Shadow King was fed up with trying to please Legion. Best part was Lenny's James Bond inspired music intro.

pxLLlRs.png?2

#17 DDdave2

DDdave2

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

Episode 6 didn't amount to much. No real forward movement of the actual plot. At least by the end of the episode the Shadow King was fed up with trying to please Legion. Best part was Lenny's James Bond inspired music intro.

Episode 6 was enough for me. It may end up being a decent show but I would rather watch paint dry at this point.

• kskboys likes this

#18 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,072 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:37 AM

Episode 6 was enough for me. It may end up being a decent show but I would rather watch paint dry at this point.

I don't blame you. I'm going to stick it out until the end of the season. The show only has two episodes left. I suspect they've been saving most of their special effects budget for the finale. I invested this much time into the show, I'm hoping it'll pay off. The show was renewed for a second season this month, probably with a bigger special effects budget too. Depending on how well this season ends will determine if I return to waste time for the second season.

pxLLlRs.png?2

#19 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 41,879 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:00 AM

Well, Juggs, looks like you're the last one.    Maybe on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,072 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 AM

Well, Juggs, looks like you're the last one.    Maybe on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According the television ratings the show is getting near a million viewers still. But probably the last in the forum.

In case anyone wants to know, Episode 7 was better than the last. The show actually took the time to explain everything via a chalkboard to anyone that still didn't know what's happening. It ended on a cliff hanger for the finale.

• DDdave2 likes this

pxLLlRs.png?2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users