103 replies to this topic

#101 bob_tha_football

bob_tha_football

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:18 PM

So every single time they lost a win or go home game, it wasn't Romo's fault at all, but the rest of the team?  He had a 13-3 1st seed team with HFA in 07' . a 12-4 team with a great run game in 2014 but none of those teams could support him? Ya, OK buddy.  Whatevea makes you sleep better at night. 

Ya know, i really want to say something bad about Eli being a bad field general ... but i just can't .... buddy

But for years I've dealt with critics like you. I don't have the ability or a need to go back with total recall 10 years ago - as a Giants fan wanting to enjoy championships that'll serve you well in the future.

I hate the fact that NFL rules have changed to the point where refs decide games with late 4th quarter pass rulings. Aaron R has made a career on late drive interference/d holding calls.

I think it was Jimmy J that said if you can't beat 'em before the 2 minute warning, you might not deserve to win. I agree... either of the 2 years you mention we didn't have the defense to go deep, plain & simple.

That being said, you give Romo either of the defenses Staubach or Aikman had, this conversation becomes mute, that's my point.

p.s. took a min to figure out what the hell hfa meant, now i can sleep, buddy ... thanks!

#102 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Tx

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:06 PM

So you pretty much admitted what I always say to the less intelligent Cowboys fans on this forum, defense wins championships. A great QB can lead a team to a SB but if they meet a superior D, they will be beaten. Happened to Mr Brady vs us 2x. But a good to mediocre QB can win a SB with a top 3 Defense. 85' Bears, 2000 Ravens & 2002 Bucs come to mind. All 3 of those teams had suprior #1 defenses that yr. You can say that Peyton won the SB 2 yrs ago due to that great Broncos D. Peyton only had 539 total passing yds in 3 playoff games & 2 Td passes, so it sure wasn't due to him, that they won those 3 playoffs games in 2015.

That's why I try to tell Cowboys fans that until your D becomes a real D, one that doesn't have to be kept on the sidelines by the O winning the TOP every game & can be counted on to preserve a single score lead late in the 4th qt, you won't win a SB. You guys could have an all world QB/RB/OL/WR/TE, without a great D in the playoffs , you will go down. Dallas had  a top ranked D during those 3 SBs in the 90s, that's why you won against high powered offenses like SF/GB/Buffalo. Those 3 offenses were led by 3 HOF QBs, yet you beat them due to your D.

So, maybe you need to blame your owner for neglecting the D during Romo's time in Dallas & just going for the flashy offensive positions in the draft. Giants went opposite, we drafted DL yr after yr. And now, after last yr's defensive overhaul, we have the D to go all the way if the offense can just do their part & put up over 24ppg this yr. With the rule changes heavily favoring the offense/QB/WRs, there is no way you will ever see a defense hold teams to under 10 ppg like the 75' Steel curtain did when they shut out 5 teams that yr.

NFL is all about entertaining most of the feeble minded fans that wanna see Madden NFL type 45-41, 38-35 games. I'm ol school & will take a 17-14 or 14-10 defensive slugfest game anytime.

• bob_tha_football likes this

#103 bob_tha_football

bob_tha_football

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

Alright now, that's not fighting fair. You can't use truth and agreeable ideologies when arguing on a message board. I got nothing ...wait, ... you misspelled superior one time ..  :)    

good post

#104 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Tx

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:44 PM

Thanks Bullet Bob, look forward to having some good Giants/Cowboys related football convos with you during the coming football season. Here's to no major injuries to either team & may the best team win the division.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users