68 replies to this topic

#61 QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:52 AM

Best case scenario imo, take our first 4 picks and get 2 DL and 2 CB's. We need the CB's, and the whole defense would benefit from a DE that can get to the QB, and a DT that wont let him step up in the pocket. That is almost more important than the edge rusher. I'm sick of seeing the DE's we already have almost get there but last second the QB has a 5 yard pocket to step up and launch it.

Our philosophy has been to doubled dip at a position to hypothetically solve that position for the foreseeable future.

If a draft is strong at certain positions then that position will typically be BPA at your pick, vice versa for being weak. So my thinking is that this draft is very weak at OT, and isn't good at DT or MLB. It is however strong at CB, DE, S, RB, and TE. Use that to our advantage and solidify those five positions for a a very long time.
We have four "high" picks and three "low picks".
I would use two high picks on DE, one high and one low on CB, one high on SS and a UDFA(we seem to very well with UDFAs at the S position), one low on RB and a UDFA, and the last low on TE.
Next year we can then shift our attention to the only positions that don't seem to be locked up for the foreseeable future which are RT, LB, and maybe DT, of which we are forecasted to have all our picks plus three comp picks, along with cap relief from Romo, Witten, and most likely TCrawford.

Adding Tapper, Moore, and two high draft picks would hopefully solidify the group.
Adding Carroll, one more FA, and two rookies might still need some help.
Adding Gathers, Hanna, and a TE in this draft class should help alleviate the loss of Witten.
Then of course Zeke and two rookies are the future for RB.

#62 jay94

jay94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:18 AM

Ill have to see Pae as a Cowboy to believe he's better than Mcclain, does that mean Mcclain played above his potential than last year?  Which he may of, because he was certainly one of the best players for Dallas defense last year. 

#63 daygoboy6191

daygoboy6191

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,569 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:28 AM

Ill have to see Pae as a Cowboy to believe he's better than Mcclain, does that mean Mcclain played above his potential than last year?  Which he may of, because he was certainly one of the best players for Dallas defense last year. 

Lets not act as if Terrell McClain has been this great player for us over the last 3 years. The dude NEVER started a game for us up until this year, and he has been injured or not even in the rotation for his first 2 years. 

Terrell had a if you want to call it a break out contract season with a whole 21 tackles and 2.5 sacks while starting 15 games. 

Collins as a ROOKIE had 17 tackles and 5 sacks while mostly being a rotational player. 

So please tell me why people are crying about losing McClain when he got paid 4 years 21 million with 10.5 guaranteed. 

• kskboys likes this

#64 jay94

jay94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:51 AM

Your absolutely right about for 3 years.  This last year he definitely was.   He was Claiborne jr. for us.   I didn't expect nothing out of him this year, and was majorly surprised.   It's not always about those numbers he was involved in plenty of plays for a dt he had tons of tackles.  I would of much rather had Mcclain than Terrance Williams, granted I would definitely want some injury incentive contract for Mcclain. 

#65 daygoboy6191

daygoboy6191

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,569 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:15 AM

Your absolutely right about for 3 years.  This last year he definitely was.   He was Claiborne jr. for us.   I didn't expect nothing out of him this year, and was majorly surprised.   It's not always about those numbers he was involved in plenty of plays for a dt he had tons of tackles.  I would of much rather had Mcclain than Terrance Williams, granted I would definitely want some injury incentive contract for Mcclain. 

McClain was average at best, and got paid very well for his production.

McClain was BigFoot for his first 2 years, all these things being mentioned on how he can do this and that and we never saw anything. All of sudden he plays DECENTLY, and some people want to act as if he is something special. 

I am not a fan of T-Will, but he is a bargain for what we got him for.

McClain is another one of our D-linemen who goes to the Redskins for far too much.

• kskboys likes this

#66 Cowboy Eric

Cowboy Eric

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

Malik McDowell,DT-Michigan St...if he slips to 28,I'd take him...grab a CB in the 2nd...DE in the 3rd or vice versa.
I think McDowell will be gone before 28 but he could slip if there is a run on DEs or CBs.

#67 Warpigs

Warpigs

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:32 PM

Malik McDowell,DT-Michigan St...if he slips to 28,I'd take him...grab a CB in the 2nd...DE in the 3rd or vice versa.
I think McDowell will be gone before 28 but he could slip if there is a run on DEs or CBs.

There are so many questions about his character he may be there at 60.  That being said I wouldn't draft him their either.

#68 daygoboy6191

daygoboy6191

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,569 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

Takk will be apart of the 30 visits the Cowboys take.

Like I said the Cowboys are looking for a very specific type of pass rusher which is a speed rusher for RE, and Takk fits the mold.

The Cowboys have plenty of LE's, but lack a real speed guy who can play RE.

#69 Cowboy Eric

Cowboy Eric

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

my problem.....I have too many of these guys I like at 28 to really narrow it down...Takk is one of them.If they are good with the shoulder,Id love for him to be the pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users