6 replies to this topic

#1 buck8822

buck8822

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

So they say we are redoing deals to make room to sign some people and resign some.

Heres my plan. Bring Ware back, sign Barwin and Poe. Dline is done. Ladarius Green was just cut, sign him.

Now the fun. Trade Dez for a 1 and 2 this year. Romo to Cleveland for Osweiler and a 2&3 this year. If he makes the playoffs we get a 1 next year. If he gets double digits wins we get a 3. Lets move on from what hasnt worked. Time to rebuild around Dak and Zeke and this line.
Now we have 2 1s, 3 2s. Get Zay Jones and O.J Howard. Ju Ju Shuster in 2 or 3. Victor Bolden around 6. All other picks for the defense, especially the secondary
I know this isnt ever going to happen. But to turn this team around it needs to. Time to get rid of the old players who havent done anything

#2 BigBlueStarNation

BigBlueStarNation

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMarion, KY

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

I don't think that would ever happen, but I'm all in on the concept.  As much as I am a D-Ware fan... I don't really want to see money wasted on another injury subject player.  I like the Darwin and Poe thought, but can we afford it?  No way on Osweiler!!!!! Don't want anything to do with that guy.  Draft is loaded with Defensive players that could help us, deals that would generate more early picks would be great!!

AND THAT IS WHAT I THINK JERRAH IS UP TO!!!!  Think about this and let me know what you think......Jerry puts it out there early this week that Tony is going to be released....but doesn't do it right away.(never forget that Jerry Jones is a shrewd businessman).  So Houston is thinking that Romo is going to be available, they make a deal with Cleveland to get rid of Osweiler, thinking that they can make a good pitch to Romo and get him to sign. Jerry knows that if Tony is released either Denver or Houston are going to go after him, so putting that illusion out there that they are going to release him causes Houston to jump the gun with Cleveland.....NOW Jerry has the upper hand because he didn't release Tony and Houston wants him.  So instead of being released and we get nothing for Tony....Jerry squeezes McNair's balls a little and we make a trade for Tony!!!??? Plus its not like we are punishing Romo by trading him to the Browns, he is actually going to a contender.   SHREWD BUSINESSMAN????? OR AM I JUST READING TOO MUCH INTO THIS????

• buck8822 likes this

#3 buck8822

buck8822

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

Its hard to say with Jerry. I think when he mentioned he was being released Tonys phone rang off the hook. Now hes not released teams are changing their mind. I dont see why a team like Houston wouldnt trade for him. Maybe its the asking price of him. Dont be surprised if a team like Jacksonville, or Chicago doesnt make a push for Tony if hes around on draft day.

I think what you are onto something with this though. Maybe Denver and Houston are calling trying to get him. I just dont see how a guy like Bradford draws a 1 and we cant get a 1 or 2 for him

#4 buck8822

buck8822

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

Bigbluestar. NFL Network was just saying Jacksonville is a possible place for him. Lol
  • BigBlueStarNation likes this

#5 BigBlueStarNation

BigBlueStarNation

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMarion, KY

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

JAX would be a nice landing spot for Tony, that is a talented team both sides of the ball.  Bortles isn't the answer right now, but I think he would benefit from a year holding a clipboard and wearing a headset. 

#6 UK Matt

UK Matt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

The way I see it Houston would be stupid not to at least put up a first round swap and Denver arguably the same BUT the stumbling block is the contract. Again I don't see Romo as expensive at $14 BUT if you sign him you would probably want it appearance based for some insurance.

Meanwhile we nee a new RT I hear?

• northerncowboynation likes this

#7 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts
  • LocationChatham, ontario

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:24 PM

The way I see it Houston would be stupid not to at least put up a first round swap and Denver arguably the same BUT the stumbling block is the contract. Again I don't see Romo as expensive at $14 BUT if you sign him you would probably want it appearance based for some insurance.

Meanwhile we nee a new RT I hear?

The future a little clearer now UK Matt? And Bell is more depth, still think we should draft a RT somewhere. Chaz is oft injured and Bell, well, a large dude but can he block and pull

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users