5 replies to this topic

#1 bendevos

bendevos

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

Hi, I sincerely hope it's okay to post this on here but I'm currently doing research on fan experience and attempting to compare fans experience in UK sport stadia to that of US sport Stadia.

Be most grateful if you could participate and complete the short survey.

Many thanks!

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/esearch

#2 MistyAnn

MistyAnn

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

USA games are the best, although the more laid back security and nice accents in England are nice.

I

Love

Dallas

#3 cern

cern

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,248 posts
  • Locationmy ranch in west texas

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

uk fans are more prone to kill other fans at their soccer venues than american football fans.  doubt there's much emotion during a game of cricket.

simba ni simba.  hata akila majani.

#4 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,319 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:03 AM

I'd love to do the survey, though unfortunately, the only Cowboys games I've ever attended were at Texas Stadium. I've been inside the new stadium, just never for a game. 

New Character from a friend of mine:

me_wolf.jpg

#5 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

No one cares about the facility. As long as the toilets don't over flow. ☆ If the home team wins it's a good experience. If the home team loses its a bad experience. It's that simple.

#6 EssexBoy#44

EssexBoy#44

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

uk fans are more prone to kill other fans at their soccer venues than american football fans.  doubt there's much emotion during a game of cricket.

Just to clarify, the only time anyone has died in an English football stadium has been due to a massive overcrowding (Hillborough, 95 dead,  Ibrox Park 66 dead, Burnden park 33 Dead) or in the case of the Valley Parade disaster, a massive fire in an old wooden stand killed 59 people. In all cases other than the fire, accidents took place in stadia with Terraces (standing only area's) and thousands of people were crammed in. Since the Hillsborough disaster, all new football stadiums must be All Seated.

The result of this has been significant in reducing large scale overcrowding and resultant accidents.  Football supporters are also segregated.  visiting supporters are in separate area's with their own entrances and exits and in many cases segregated access way's to and from the stadium.  In this respect there is very little inter-crowd violent activity.

There is plenty of emotion at a cricket match, however the crowd has a fairly different demographic.  They do hit the ball a lot more than in a baseball game though... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users