142 replies to this topic

#1 jphilly215

jphilly215

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

So the Eagles are off to a great start to the offseason . Getting Wentz some real players around him on the offense . Alshon Jeffery  is a really good pick up and is more than excited to work with Carson . T Smith is a younger cheaper  Djax type replacement which has a chip on his shoulder after being stuck with 49ers .  I think Smith will have a great year as well . 

Id expect the Eagles still grab depending on who is still there at 14  Williams / Davis  or Cook . The Draft is pretty deep on DB"s so can easily grab a couple good CBs  in 3rd-5th rounds .  as I think round 1-3 will be WR RB  or vice versa 

#2 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

They won it all last year, yes?.....after a good start.

• Juggernaut, Signalman Chief, My_Name_Is_Dallas and 1 other like this

0pearson0428.png

Hey Dawkins, Westbrook; shut your mouth when you are talking to me.

#3 #1GM-Will-McClay-Jr.-Jr.

#1GM-Will-McClay-Jr.-Jr.

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Location(Dallas Cowboys War Room) Getting Ready To Draft Defensive Ends!

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

Paper Champs again like when Vick Joined the Eagles I see!!! Your QB is still turnover machine don't matter how many weapons you put on that team. The QB doesn't have the Brain power to make the correct decision when it matters the most.

#1GM-Will-McClay-Jr.-Jr.  "Egotistical Self Centered Self Proclaimed #1 General Manager Football Talent Scout In The Entire World.... Will McClay Jr. Jr. Is A Quick Tempered ...Always Right...Football..... Genius........Jet Flying.............Mansion Living.........Ferrari Bentley Rolls Royce Driving Son Of A Gun WOOOOOOOOW!! Wall Street Mindset........If You're Not Selling Something Then You're Not Winning"

62dd74d9b3fe558de0058107e6f08ce5.gif

#4 jphilly215

jphilly215

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

They won it all last year, yes?.....after a good start.

They went above and beyond expectations last year with a Rookie HC and new staff and rookie QB that was not supposed to start last year . With almost no time playing in Preseason and only made the starter a week before the season started .  

The NFCE is on the rise to be the best divsion in the NFL .... Well except the Skins now that Danny boy could not help himself to self destruct his team that was finally starting to do things right .  

Cowboys . Showed last year they are the team to beat and could stay that way if they can shore up the Defense 

Giants .  With the defense already potent , they can fix oline and RB in draft . Adding Marshall will make a headache for us all . But they still have Durp face that has to get the ball to them 

Redskins.  Were looking decent and on right track ... now lost both top WR"s  and a couple other guys ... on top of best GM they have had ever and their OC .  **** show begins . 

Eagles . Getting Weapons for Wentz , they can focus now on a Draft Deep with DBS and RBs . Besides what some think last year was surprising as all but 3 games  , could of went the others way and lost by 1 score .  That has more to do with a rookie HC like the Cowboys game where he punted instead of a FG to let it go to OT . 

Not sure how you guys feel m but I would like to see nail biter division games ? better quality  then **** show blow outs .

#5 karmaisabeautifulthing

karmaisabeautifulthing

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,372 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

They had a "good/great start" last season this time when they picked up Wentz. What place in the division did that leave 'em?!

• Juggernaut and Signalman Chief like this

#6 jphilly215

jphilly215

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

They had a "good/great start" last season this time when they picked up Wentz. What place in the division did that leave 'em?!

Last but was expected with Rookie HC then starting a rookie QB . Maybe if Wentz was brought into a system that was in place for a few years the record would of been better . But cant ask for more after Chip Kelly Destroyed a 10-6 team because it was Andys's team not his .  

Makes me even happier I see hate already from saying they are off to a good start , shows that some of you fans are scared. Its not like I said now we are gonna win it all or win the division lol .  Maybe 2018 we will be their  but as of now we are fixing the mess that was left to Dougie P 

#7 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,310 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:50 AM

in8njo.jpg

• karmaisabeautifulthing, teeroy, crazyeddie and 2 others like this

anrVkUY.gif

#8 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,124 posts
  • LocationPJG Stealth Ops.

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:59 AM

They went above and beyond expectations last year with a Rookie HC and new staff and rookie QB that was not supposed to start last year . With almost no time playing in Preseason and only made the starter a week before the season started .  

The NFCE is on the rise to be the best divsion in the NFL .... Well except the Skins now that Danny boy could not help himself to self destruct his team that was finally starting to do things right .  

Cowboys . Showed last year they are the team to beat and could stay that way if they can shore up the Defense 

Giants .  With the defense already potent , they can fix oline and RB in draft . Adding Marshall will make a headache for us all . But they still have Durp face that has to get the ball to them 

Redskins.  Were looking decent and on right track ... now lost both top WR"s  and a couple other guys ... on top of best GM they have had ever and their OC .  **** show begins . 

Eagles . Getting Weapons for Wentz , they can focus now on a Draft Deep with DBS and RBs . Besides what some think last year was surprising as all but 3 games  , could of went the others way and lost by 1 score .  That has more to do with a rookie HC like the Cowboys game where he punted instead of a FG to let it go to OT . 

Not sure how you guys feel m but I would like to see nail biter division games ? better quality  then **** show blow outs .

I think the Eagles did as expected last season. Forcing their rookie QB to start behind that mediocre line and hurting in the WR department did him no favors and risked him too much, if you ask me. At least it did give him some experience and he suffered nothing major.  I think they're still in rebuild mode after Chip gutted the team.  The 2017 season probably won't be their year to make a serious run. They should show improvement though.  Getting Wentz some legit receivers would do wonders for their offense.

The tougher the division is, the more honed for the playoffs the eventual winner is, but it is possible that you'd see more injuries than against blowout opponents.

Eli will be the gift that keeps on giving for this division. He's definitely showing signs of wear and age and he was never the most accurate of passers or best under pressure in the first place. I think this season is where we start hearing people from NY calling for his retirement.

The Redskins are an enigma. Just when you think they're going to be good, they suck. When you think they're going to suck, they surprise you.  I'm not sure they can recover this year from what they just lost though. It looks like a mini-rebuild for them.

• crazyeddie likes this

#9 jphilly215

jphilly215

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

Now we just signed Foles for 2 years as backup  :D 

#10 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

When they win a SuperBowl let me know.
  • karmaisabeautifulthing likes this

#11 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

The Cowboys have won three SuperBowls during my life time. How many rings have the Eagles won during your life time?

Hope you believe in resurrection...

#12 PowerDraw

PowerDraw

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationArlington TX

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

Last but was expected with Rookie HC then starting a rookie QB . Maybe if Wentz was brought into a system that was in place for a few years the record would of been better . But cant ask for more after Chip Kelly Destroyed a 10-6 team because it was Andys's team not his .

Makes me even happier I see hate already from saying they are off to a good start , shows that some of you fans are scared. Its not like I said now we are gonna win it all or win the division lol . Maybe 2018 we will be their but as of now we are fixing the mess that was left to Dougie P

Looks good on paper, I agree. But Eagles fans last year were calling playoffs and even some SB when you guys went 3-0 and blew out the Steelers.

#13 jphilly215

jphilly215

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:30 AM

Looks good on paper, I agree. But Eagles fans last year were calling playoffs and even some SB when you guys went 3-0 and blew out the Steelers.

media maybe ... but anyone with half a brain and smallest amount of football knowledge didnt even expect .500 . I would say the Eagles might see the playoffs in 2018 . Chip really did a number on the roster and killed the cap with bad  contracts .  They will do much better then last year but I dont see us beating the boys or giants for div . Of course the redskins are a **** show once again so at least it will be fun watching them do worse  :P 

• Mad_Max and C42 like this

#14 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:47 AM

media maybe ... but anyone with half a brain and smallest amount of football knowledge didnt even expect .500 . I would say the Eagles might see the playoffs in 2018 . Chip really did a number on the roster and killed the cap with bad contracts . They will do much better then last year but I dont see us beating the boys or giants for div . Of course the redskins are a **** show once again so at least it will be fun watching them do worse :P

OK. You got some common sense with you there bud. Most of the fans from other teams come here talking crap just to antagonize Cowboy fans. I don't believe in you guys coach but he is making good decisions right now.

#15 fanofdallasnotjj

fanofdallasnotjj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts
  • Locationeast of indy

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:21 AM

I worry about "durp face" and that defense they have more than anything philly has. Not to mention marshall is going to add a lot to their offense. We can keep your shiny new wrs watching from the sidelines with the defense you have. 

Say hi to demarco from cowboys fans everywhere. 

#16 fanofdallasnotjj

fanofdallasnotjj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts
  • Locationeast of indy

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:42 AM

I think some of that can be attributed to divisional games being played at the tail end of the season. Its a double edged sword, the games could be epic with all kinds of implications, or they could be completely meaningless. 

#17 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:22 AM

I worry about "durp face" and that defense they have more than anything philly has. Not to mention marshall is going to add a lot to their offense. We can keep your shiny new wrs watching from the sidelines with the defense you have.
Say hi to demarco from cowboys fans everywhere.

Our defense was actually pretty good. And we were #1 in time of possession in the NFL! :D Complete opposite of Chip.
  • Mad_Max likes this

#18 Relayer

Relayer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,786 posts
  • LocationChristchurch NZ. (Go All Blacks)

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:52 AM

Makes me even happier I see hate already from saying they are off to a good start , shows that some of you fans are scared. Its not like I said now we are gonna win it all or win the division lol .  Maybe 2018 we will be their  but as of now we are fixing the mess that was left to Dougie P 

You weren't here last year when all we heard about was Wentz and how great the receivers and DB's were from Philly fans. 

Or maybe you were but just don't want to admit it?  :ph34r:

Now we just signed Foles for 2 years as backup   :D

He'll be the starter by week 5.

media maybe ... but anyone with half a brain and smallest amount of football knowledge didnt even expect .500 . I would say the Eagles might see the playoffs in 2018 . Chip really did a number on the roster and killed the cap with bad  contracts .  They will do much better then last year but I dont see us beating the boys or giants for div . Of course the redskins are a **** show once again so at least it will be fun watching them do worse   :P

That would have been me. :P

Our defense was actually pretty good. And we were #1 in time of possession in the NFL! :D Complete opposite of Chip.

You got lucky. Romo would have carved you up like a Christmas turkey.  B)

And that's a knock on our coaches not Dak. Before the Dak defense force comes riding in to save the day. Romo would have overcome our coaches and just ran the plays he saw that would work. 

• teeroy and PowerDraw like this

df67b5aa4480231bcae7b2779d91efa8261b01c8

The hardest hitter in football. :)

Darrell Royal

I might say this: we’ve always been a running team and I’m sure we will continue to be so. (We’ve been criticized for it, I might add.) But I’ve always felt that three things can happen to you whenever you throw the football, and two of them are bad. You can catch the ball, you can throw it incomplete, or have it intercepted.

#19 jphilly215

jphilly215

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

You weren't here last year when all we heard about was Wentz and how great the receivers and DB's were from Philly fans. 

Or maybe you were but just don't want to admit it?  :ph34r:

He'll be the starter by week 5.

That would have been me. :P

You got lucky. Romo would have carved you up like a Christmas turkey.  B)

And that's a knock on our coaches not Dak. Before the Dak defense force comes riding in to save the day. Romo would have overcome our coaches and just ran the plays he saw that would work. 

Ive always been here   :ph34r:

#20 jphilly215

jphilly215

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

OK. You got some common sense with you there bud. Most of the fans from other teams come here talking crap just to antagonize Cowboy fans. I don't believe in you guys coach but he is making good decisions right now.

For the most part Eagles fans are very smart and passionate ...  The problem is its the bads ones that are the loudest and stick out ruin it for the majority . All teams have those fans . I myself  might be a Eagles fan first  , but I am also a fan of the NFL and enjoy football as a whole .  The worst kind of Eagles fan is the one that just cares about the birds and acts like he knows more then he does  , when all he does is watch the Eagles and only knows the Eagles 

• Mad_Max likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users