You are here

Photo

I'd rather just have comments at the end of each article. Old way was better.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Blackstar5

Blackstar5

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationEast Coast U.S.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

Message boards are kind of a thing of the past.  A very refreshing part of the previous design for us Cowboys fans was the ability of reading and chirping out thoughts reference to each article.  Now, that is gone and I have to visit the boards to read anything.  Not likely to do much of that.  

• kidcowboy83 likes this

#2 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationEastern annex of Texas called Louisiana

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Deagleton brings the articles over to this side.  I'm still having problems navigating the forums this way and have been scolded for replying to something in one way when the thread is in a different section.  Some people have left and it's hard to find some that I truly enjoyed.  There's a whole culture of people on this side that I was missing out on.  I haven't seen the two that I have on ignore on this side, so that's another positive.  Ignore never worked anyway, I still saw everything those jack rabbits posted.

• The Taco Man likes this

#3 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,888 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:14 AM

The ability to post replies under articles was removed to prevent bot spam. It worked. It probably won't ever return.

If you want to discuss anything Cowboys go to the Dallas Cowboys forum:  http://boards.dallas...-cowboys-forum/

But if you want to discuss dallascowboys.com articles go the News forum:  http://boards.dallas.../forum/28-news/

• The Taco Man likes this

anrVkUY.gif

#4 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 42,472 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

Well then get that consarned electricity outta yore house n go back to candles, old way was better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Juggernaut likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#5 wtcowboy

wtcowboy

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationLubbock, Texas

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

I agree that comments at end of each article was a better way.

• itchin likes this

#6 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:04 AM

We don't hear about anyone's third cousin's next door neighbor's great-great aunt's ex boyfriend's baby mama making over 20k a month anymore along with the link getarealjobandstopspammingDC.com.  I still miss some of the old rascals that are legitimate fans of our (excuse me) AMERICA'S TEAM!!!!!!!!!. 

kskboys, what's this about getting rid of electricity and using candles?  How are we supposed to holler about our Boys with candles?  You know, without the neighbors calling the police on us.

#7 irongoose

irongoose

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,462 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

Stop the crying already. :rolleyes:

• Juggernaut likes this

#8 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:21 PM

But gooooooooooose!  Oh yeah, you're one of the ones I've been missing.  HEY GOOSE!  Keeping the rest in line until I can find them again?

#9 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 42,472 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:14 AM

We don't hear about anyone's third cousin's next door neighbor's great-great aunt's ex boyfriend's baby mama making over 20k a month anymore along with the link getarealjobandstopspammingDC.com.  I still miss some of the old rascals that are legitimate fans of our (excuse me) AMERICA'S TEAM!!!!!!!!!. 

kskboys, what's this about getting rid of electricity and using candles?  How are we supposed to holler about our Boys with candles?  You know, without the neighbors calling the police on us.

Light yore candle and have a Snickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Needmorerings and BLACKMAGIK1978 like this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#10 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,653 posts
  • LocationChatham, ontario

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

We were over run by trolls in the old system. remember all the girls proclaiming how much money they made for god knows what? It was incredibly annoying, just takes awhile to figure out the system but I do notice that very few now post on what the Dc.com writers post. They're either tired of the same old company line and prefer the openeness of this or they haven't figured out how to post to what the writers have posted

• kskboys and Juggernaut like this

#11 BenGone

BenGone

• Moderators
  • 1,874 posts
  • LocationFort Worth

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:32 PM

It's not going to happen and we have no control over it.  

• Juggernaut likes this

Lurk more, post less

DFWsportsbanner_zpsz4msorfn.png

DFW!

When you go to bed at night, you pray to God for the health and safety of Sean Lee.

#12 Quickdraw

Quickdraw

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

You guys complained about the spammers and that was the only way to control the situation.  When you sign up for forum posting, you have to validate your email address.  You didn't have to do that to post on the articles.

I guess they finally got tired of the spammer reports.  Believe me, there were many each day.

• northerncowboynation and itchin like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users