#3 uvaballa

uvaballa

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,958 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:07 AM

Maryland schools not doing too well so far. March Madness is one of the best sports tournaments!!

Go Mount St Mary's. :P

207ordj.jpg

#4 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationThe road to the HoF

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:06 AM

Ugh. Mid tenn ruining my brackett!!

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

This STAR is gonna shine!

963ff48f5aabea8ace1d0bef918ab97b.jpg

#5 DDdave2

DDdave2

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

Maryland schools not doing too well so far. March Madness is one of the best sports tournaments!!

MD schools choked. Mount Saint Mary played a good first half and then Nova decided to show up in the second half. I still enjoy watching the David and Goliath games. Someday a 16 will win......someday.

• uvaballa likes this

"Enough with the trick plays Bert, run the dang ball"

#6 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,574 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

When the Terps went for 5 min in the 2H without any points, that was all she wrote.

Kaneh-Bosm

#7 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

How Bout Them Michigan Wolverines!!

Don't know how long this ride will last but very excited for Coach B and the troops.  Good bunch of kids and John Beilein is a first class coach and human being.

Not at all saying Michigan is/should be the favorite, but I also think there aren't a lot of teams that are real excited to play them right now either.  They are on a good roll......

• bosd likes this

e9d4bee8e9445ad40380bcddeffc1312.jpg

It's that time again.  Greatest time of year, perfect for playing the greatest game ever played.  Enjoy, fellow Cowboys fans.  I know I will.......

#8 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,574 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

How Bout Them Michigan Wolverines!!

Don't know how long this ride will last but very excited for Coach B and the troops.  Good bunch of kids and John Beilein is a first class coach and human being.

Not at all saying Michigan is/should be the favorite, but I also think there aren't a lot of teams that are real excited to play them right now either.  They are on a good roll......

Yea they are one of the surprises so far this year.  They played solid ball over the weekend.

• cowboyfan927 likes this

Kaneh-Bosm

#9 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

Yea they are one of the surprises so far this year. They played solid ball over the weekend.

I told my buddy last Wednesday that the game that really made me nervous was Oklahoma State more so then Louisville

He looked at me like I had certifiably lost my mind. But my thought was I really believed as long as Louisville was and the problems that could give our guards, I also thought Wagner and Wilson presented some significant matchup problems if we could get them the ball in the right spots.

Once we started doing that in the second half both of those guys went off especially Wagner. Same guy texted me after the game and said he would never doubt me again. I told him every blind squirrel finds the occasional acorn and not to put too much stock in one prediction LOL

I'm still a little bit concerned about our lack of ability to rebound consistently, but if we continue to take such good care of the ball and hold the turnovers to around 6 to 7 per game that can help to erase a rebounding deficit to some extent

It's been exciting to watch can't wait to see how it plays out

It's that time again.  Greatest time of year, perfect for playing the greatest game ever played.  Enjoy, fellow Cowboys fans.  I know I will.......

#10 DDdave2

DDdave2

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Then there were 16. Go Gators!! :)

#11 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,574 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

I told my buddy last Wednesday that the game that really made me nervous was Oklahoma State more so then Louisville

He looked at me like I had certifiably lost my mind. But my thought was I really believed as long as Louisville was and the problems that could give our guards, I also thought Wagner and Wilson presented some significant matchup problems if we could get them the ball in the right spots.

Once we started doing that in the second half both of those guys went off especially Wagner. Same guy texted me after the game and said he would never doubt me again. I told him every blind squirrel finds the occasional acorn and not to put too much stock in one prediction LOL

I'm still a little bit concerned about our lack of ability to rebound consistently, but if we continue to take such good care of the ball and hold the turnovers to around 6 to 7 per game that can help to erase a rebounding deficit to some extent

It's been exciting to watch can't wait to see how it plays out

Some teams just do better at the dance.  Michigan didn't have a good start to the season but they started to come around the mid point way of the season if I recall.  The Terps went on a midwest trip a few months ago and they rolled through everyone pretty much.  But then they get knocked in the 1st round.

Kaneh-Bosm

#12 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

Some teams just do better at the dance.  Michigan didn't have a good start to the season but they started to come around the mid point way of the season if I recall.  The Terps went on a midwest trip a few months ago and they rolled through everyone pretty much.  But then they get knocked in the 1st round.

Well the ride came to an end.

Credit to ORegon first and foremost.

But Michigan chose a bad time to play probably its worst game in about 3 or 4 weeks.  When you thrive on avoiding turnovers and crisp shooting and you don't do either, it's a tough one to overcome.

Great year, and frankly we'd have most likely gotten rolled by Kansas anyhow.  But I was proud of our kids.  They did great.

At this point, I'm rooting for Wisconsin until they get beat and then, I just want to see good basketball I guess.

• bosd likes this

#13 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

SCO DUCKS! RIDE THIS Momentum!

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

#14 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

LETS GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GAME BABY!!!!!!

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

#15 DDdave2

DDdave2

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

Well my Gators are done. :mellow:

#16 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

LETS GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GAME BABY!!!!!!

Made me feel a lot better only losing to you guys by a point. That was impressive against Kansas
  • Oreycsg likes this

#17 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,301 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

Haven't watched much, but have to say I was pleased to see the SEC teams represent well in the Tourney, even in losing efforts (like Kentucky against UNC, Arkansas {whom gave the game away to UNC}, even Vandy's game against Northwestern).
At one point, when there were technically only 6 teams remaining in the Tourney, the SEC had 3 of them (Kentucky, Florida & S.C.).
And the so-called dominant PAC just had one (Oregon), thanks to the fact that the Rhode Island coach had no idea what he was doing in the last 5 minutes of that game which cost his team a 7 point lead and let the Ducks escape.
Now it's left up to the Gamecocks to see if they can continue to shock the favorites.
Personally, I had Zona winning most of my brackets, but I do have a couple left with the TarHeels taking the title (figured they would want to make-up for last year).
While the rest of the country wouldn't care, it would be kinda' cool for the Carolina teams to play against each other in the championship.

#18 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

The thing about Oregon that keeps getting overlooked is their defense. Its bei g overshaddowed by their offense, with Dosey and Brooks both making play after play, but their defense is what has won every game for them. They shut down ALL of Kansas and made them one dimentional. Its their way of playing. They are also one of the best conditioned teams in the ncaa so they are generally strong in the end game. Keep sleeping on them. Even if they dont win it all this year they have Troy Brown coming in next year. Its all up for Oregon.

Oregon - Gonzaga finals

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

#19 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,301 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

Oregon's best game was definitely their last one against Kansas.

#20 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

For sure, but they have a ton of heart, and they want this. once you hit the final four ANYTHING can happen, but Oregon deserves to be there. They didnt just luck into the final four

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users