30 replies to this topic

#21 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,081 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

Anyone's alma mater still in The NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament?

#22 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,705 posts
  • LocationThe road to the HoF

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:59 AM

Oregon baby!

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

This STAR is gonna shine!

963ff48f5aabea8ace1d0bef918ab97b.jpg

#23 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

Lets go Zags!

Kaneh-Bosm

Most reputable news agencies will get at least a 2nd confirmation before going with a story.  We should do the same and ask of the same.  However, when it comes to common knowledge, a simple google search will suffice. 

#24 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

That last minute killed me inside.

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

#25 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,081 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

That last minute killed me inside.

Which final minute killed you inside the most: the final minute of the Packers playoff game or last night?

#26 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

Last night... those 4 missed free throws... ugh... we shohld have won. Poor execution at the end killed us

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

#27 DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, North Carolina

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:35 AM

Woot! Woot woot!

Hark the sound of Tar Heel voices
Ringing clear and true!
Singing Carolina's praises
Shouting N-C-U!

Hail to the brightest star of all
Clear its radiance shine
Carolina priceless gym
Receive all praises thine!

I'm a Tar Heel born
I'ma Tar Heel bred
And when I die I'm a Tar Heel dead!

#28 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,228 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

Go zags

dak-tweets.jpg?w=1000

Let's follow Dak's advice.

#NoExcuses

#stoptakingupforhim  

#29 DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, North Carolina

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

Awww yeah

At least one of the teams I support can win a playoff game.

Yes, I did attend there.

#30 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,228 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

Awww yeah

At least one of the teams I support can win a playoff game.

Yes, I did attend there.

1st, congrats.  As an impartial observer it was kind of a poorly played game by both teams for large stretches and the refs ruined the flow for much of the 2nd half.   But--as fans we know, no such thing as an "ugly" win.    ;)

2nd--I truly don't care if you attended UNC or not.  And I don't mean that as a slam against you.  It's a slam against anyone who would ask.  I get that all the time from fans of little brother (Michigan State) up here when they find out I'm a Michigan fan.  "Did you even graduate from U of M?"  

My standard answer is, "Yes I did, but what does it matter?  Do you think every single fan of Michigan State (or any other school) is an alum?"

FWIW--don't let people pigeon hole you.  If you are a loyal, faithful fan, it doesn't matter if you attended said university or not and frankly it's no on else's business.  People who ask that usually have an axe to grind due to some perceived inferiority within their own fanbase and they display it by finding ways to deride the fans of other teams.  Frankly the same thing happens with us as Cowboys fans (not from Texas, etc), and sometimes even the criticism comes from within our own fanbase.

Again--full candor, I was rooting for Gonzaga but I extend my congratulations to you.  Enjoy the well deserved victory, as an alum but most importantly as a fan!!!   :)

• Capn b likes this

dak-tweets.jpg?w=1000

Let's follow Dak's advice.

#NoExcuses

#stoptakingupforhim  

#31 Capn b

Capn b

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationPJG investigation unit for fake profiles

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

1st, congrats.  As an impartial observer it was kind of a poorly played game by both teams for large stretches and the refs ruined the flow for much of the 2nd half.   But--as fans we know, no such thing as an "ugly" win.    ;)

2nd--I truly don't care if you attended UNC or not.  And I don't mean that as a slam against you.  It's a slam against anyone who would ask.  I get that all the time from fans of little brother (Michigan State) up here when they find out I'm a Michigan fan.  "Did you even graduate from U of M?"  

My standard answer is, "Yes I did, but what does it matter?  Do you think every single fan of Michigan State (or any other school) is an alum?"

FWIW--don't let people pigeon hole you.  If you are a loyal, faithful fan, it doesn't matter if you attended said university or not and frankly it's no on else's business.  People who ask that usually have an axe to grind due to some perceived inferiority within their own fanbase and they display it by finding ways to deride the fans of other teams.  Frankly the same thing happens with us as Cowboys fans (not from Texas, etc), and sometimes even the criticism comes from within our own fanbase.

Again--full candor, I was rooting for Gonzaga but I extend my congratulations to you.  Enjoy the well deserved victory, as an alum but most importantly as a fan!!!   :)

Been a Heels fan about as long I've been a cowboys fan(40+ years) And I too get asked the question if I graduated from UNC. I say no, I got a degree from the University of Phoenix. (Which is true)  The looks are priceless. 

Back in 09 when we won the national championship i was in the hospital for about a week. Had to watch the championship all drugged up in a hospital gown. My Doc came in while i was watching and asked who i was pulling for. I said Heels... she said awesome I graduated from there. What year did you graduate?

I said I didnt go to school there, and she looked at me like i just ferted in her face.  

• cowboyfan927 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users