195 replies to this topic

#1 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

Man zeke and dak are 2 different people. While zeke is out making major headlines, dak was out training somewhere.

But what was shocking was how some of the fans complained that theyd rather dak be training on other things from what he was doing.

What difference does it make? The guy is out doing stuff in his spare time that other football players would find boring around this time.

Funny how zeke didnt have his sidekick with him this time.
""""He with the funny hat lurks in the shadows"""

#2 Average Bot

Average Bot

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:37 AM

Zeke is young man. Can't fault him for that. As long as he shows up and play (and he doesn't break any rules anyone else would brake). I am ok. Only working with saints just not professional. They are some guys I worked with that aren't that great as a person but I still worked with them as long as they act professional at work. If it can't get you fired, why should it to them. ESPN just reported this stuff cause it sells. Deep down they could really give a rats *** about women's right.

#3 Capn b

Capn b

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,814 posts
  • LocationPJG SENC Division

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:47 AM

Exactly what kind of training is a RB going to do to prepare himself for a season? He can lift weights and run, which I about guarantee he's doing. I guess he can dodge traffic on Interstate 30 near the stadium.

People gotta remember these guys are human beings. And on top of it they are young, very young. Let them have their fun while they can and as long as it doesnt interfere with their work,nothing should be made of it.  

BTW, as far as I'm concerned Dak needs the extra work. QB position is the toughest position in football and what he showed last year teams will have already figured out what his weaknesses were and have ways to expose them. So he has to counter that which im sure he's doing every day.

• jay94 and Spartacuslives like this

#4 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:54 AM

Zeke is young man. Can't fault him for that. As long as he shows up and play (and he doesn't break any rules anyone else would brake). I am ok. Only working with saints just not professional. They are some guys I worked with that aren't that great as a person but I still worked with them as long as they act professional at work. If it can't get you fired, why should it to them. ESPN just reported this stuff cause it sells. Deep down they could really give a rats *** about women's right.

What concerns me about zeke is how he carrys himself and actions will hurt him down the line. Yes he is young but will he grow up, or will he become a what could have been story 5 years from now?

Atm zeke is just one of those kind of people and i am hoping for the best.
  • One Star likes this

#5 Trout31

Trout31

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:03 AM

Zeke......can train in April, May, June

He needs or need to take a few months off to relax his body from all the hits it took this prior season.

#6 Five Superbowls

Five Superbowls

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:14 AM

Both are grown men and free to live their lives in their own manner. IMO Dak is mature beyond his years, and Zeke well he just wants to have fun.
  • Silhouette and msudawg like this

#7 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,014 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

Dak needs to do nothing but practice throwing deep this off season. We need quick strikes to ensure our defense spends as much time as possible on the field because they are so good at not allowing points.
  • Rawhide 74, Mad_Max, Keithfansince5 and 2 others like this

#8 Silhouette

Silhouette

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

I prefer our athletes only make headlines on the field but that's just me. I'm an old school fan and only care about what these guys do on the field, I don't follow them or Twitter or Instagram. Not even an autographed jersey excites me, but let them make a big play on Sunday and I'm out of my seat. If player X can still perform on the field while staying out of trouble off the field" breaking the law or getting suspended" then today's media coverage of athletes off the field is something I'll have to deal with.
  • kskboys and Bobhaze like this

#9 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,151 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:01 AM

Dak needs to do nothing but practice throwing deep this off season. We need quick strikes to ensure our defense spends as much time as possible on the field because they are so good at not allowing points.

That way we give the other team a fighting chance.

• heathgs likes this

Don't know if I want to be a member of a forum, that would have me as a member

#10 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

DAK is not training every minute of everyday. ZEKE does not party every minute of everyday. A two minute video is a moment in time not a life long endeavor. I saw a two minute video of that guy doing this and this guy doing that. And he needs to grow up or he should be doing this. 》》》ITS A TWO MINUTE VIDEO!!! You cant judge a guys whole entire life off of two minutes. You can't judge a guys whole entire off season off of a two minute video. 》》》 IT'S A TWO MINUTE VIDEO!!!
  • Spartacuslives likes this

#11 oldschoolfan64

oldschoolfan64

• Moderators
  • 9,512 posts
  • LocationTexas Panhandle

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:09 AM

How soon people forget Dez Bryant and how long it took HIM to grow up. Dallas even had to assign him a "Handler" to keep him out of the headlines and out of trouble.

As for a RB not "training" in the off season..RB is one of the easiest positions to play in football. The plays are not as complicated, the skill set is either there or it isn't, and unless he has problems with fumbling, blocking or catching the ball...there really isn't much a RB CAN work on. Elliot  fixed his fumble problem In Season, fixed his tendency to not wait for his blockers after the first game, and has no problem blocking or catching the ball.

Prescott is a second year player in the most complicated position in football...if he isn't working in the off season, you'd better find another QB. He has to know every play in the playbook..every audible, every blocking assignment, each receiver's route tree, direction of the play and the exact assignment for every position on the field. Not to mention that every second year QB needs to work on mechanics, accuracy, footwork, throwing motion, as well as defensive reads if he plans on improving and staying a starter in this League.

I know the OP was comparing the two because they were both Rookies last year, but that's ALL they have in common as their positions are miles apart on the learning curve.

• Cowboys fan in KY likes this
Been a Dallas fan all my life...will remain a Dallas fan till I die.

#12 Bobhaze

Bobhaze

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,723 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, Tx.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

My expectations for Zeke is that he start acting like a grown man instead of a 16 year old high school jock no one wants to correct. And the bottom line is this- All of us learn to grow up and act responsibly one of two ways;

1. The easy way, where we see we need to change our behavior and do it by choice- a self correction.

2. The hard way- where someone just keeps acting a fool, thinking they are above correction and end up being corrected by law enforcement or some other authority where they do the correction and make the decision for you.

It's time for Zeke to start acting like a grown man. He's got a choice to make on how.

• kskboys and Keithfansince5 like this

#13 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

My expectations for Zeke is that he start acting like a grown man instead of a 16 year old high school jock no one wants to correct. And the bottom line is this- All of us learn to grow up and act responsibly one of two ways;

1. The easy way, where we see we need to change our behavior and do it by choice- a self correction.
2. The hard way- where someone just keeps acting a fool, thinking they are above correction and end up being corrected by law enforcement or some other authority where they do the correction and make the decision for you.

It's time for Zeke to start acting like a grown man. He's got a choice to make on how.

Well said. I know alot of people say they are young, let them be young, but there comes a time where a certain one arrives on a team that you say "this one may be a little challeging down the road".

I mean i dont go around speaking bad on every young man, i didnt even speak really on dez in the begining but its just something about zeke that is a different (more hardheaded) situation.

Ive seen situations like this too ofton and alot of fans insist on learning the hard way about players.

Not saying zeke wont get it together but he just seems like a person that may need his hand poped a couple more times than the norm.
  • Bobhaze likes this

#14 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,002 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

Too bad there's no way for Garrett to train to be better in the off season.  The guy needs a lot of help.

• Rawhide 74 likes this

#15 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 24,702 posts
  • Location714

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

He's no Michael Irvin (that we know of) so what's the harm?

f304becd6fde9e4f7ffca8a3e9a5f484.jpg

#16 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 24,345 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

Just the fact that Zeke's father moved to Columbus tells you all you need to know.  He still has some maturing to go.

Dak's life experiences with his mother forced him to look at life in a much more dramatic fashion.  He carries something within himself that is entirely different from what Zeke has experienced.  Young men that carry that loss with them are just different, like DeAngelo Williams with the streak of pink in his dreads that will be there as long as he has them.

Not really fair to compare maturity levels of young people with different life experiences and some of those are life altering experiences.  There is probably not a time during those games that Dak isn't aware of who used to watch him from the stands and was his biggest fan. 

As far as Dez is concerned, you give me a crackwhore mother instead of the one that was there for me at all times and I never doubted her love for me and I'll guarantee you I'd have grown up differently and probably been in far more trouble than Dez.  I don't know about the intelligence levels of Dez and Zeke, which they do not control, but Dak is a smart young man and he will work harder to please someone no longer there than most young players without that element of life.  Some thing else drives Dak and he will not take any of this lightly.

Zeke just needs to keep himself in shape and out of trouble.  Dak has quite a bit of work to do and he knows it.

• oldschoolfan64 likes this

#17 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

Zeke has the only boy syndrome.

#18 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

What is that ole saying you guys have?............oh yeah, "its too early to tell".

#19 Darthkuriboh

Darthkuriboh

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

I'm sure Michael Irvin wasn't throwing huge coke and hooker parties prior to being a famous football player and making a lot of money either. What I'm concerned about with Zeke is he is partying it up instead of studying and learning to get better.

release-the-kraken-beagle-500js031710.jp

#20 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 24,345 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:58 PM

I'm sure Michael Irvin wasn't throwing huge coke and hooker parties prior to being a famous football player and making a lot of money either. What I'm concerned about with Zeke is he is partying it up instead of studying and learning to get better.

We don't really know what he's been doing except he did go to a St. Patty's Day parade and got a little frisky.

Do we know what Emmitt or Tony was doing after their rookie season?  If they're not installing a new offense, what is there for him to learn?  If they tweak it with a few wrinkles, there is plenty of time for him to get that down.  He's a quick learner, he showed that after his first game.

As long as he stays in shape, he's got the easiet job on the offense from a mental standpoint.  See hole, go through hole.  See large man coming after QB, and your buddy, block him.  See pass, catch pass, run with ball.  Run for 1st down and make silly feed me gesture.  Score TD and jump in barrel.

"Big kid" is the best term to describe Zeke.  But on game days, he shows up as a fully grown man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users