• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 deagleton

deagleton

Hall of Famer

• Administrators
  • 15,717 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

FRISCO, Texas – The Cowboys have signed nine players since the March 9 start of free agency, including newcomers Nolan Carroll, Stephen Paea and Demontre Moore.

View the full article

#2 -whip-

-whip-

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,423 posts
  • LocationSulphur springs, texas

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

MO and carr. Now we get to upgrade the corner position. They thought they upgraded it in 2012 when they signed carr and drafted mo. They were wrong. That position has been held back ever since. But now, since the 2 false hopes are finally gone, we get to upgrade corner
  • silver_n_blue_82 likes this
If you are failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail

#3 Witten the man

Witten the man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:15 AM

Stephen Gilmore was the CB I wanted in the Claiborne draft, he is the last CB of that Class to get a big deal by the 5 time champions NE Patriots.

#4 Witten the man

Witten the man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:26 AM

I believe Desean Shead would be a better Prospect 6-2 212 LBs and 4.53 CB-Safety who had 81 Tackle and 14 PD for the Seahawks last year

#5 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:45 AM

Ronald Leary's absence will hurt the most.  He played for his job and a new contract.  He was reliable and solid. 

• Skinny Post, nextyearschampion and #22 Rulzs like this

#6 itchin

itchin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationIn a hidden bunker miles below Earth''s crust

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:05 AM

Wilcox and Church will be missed immediately. Might as well have let Lee go. What players led in tackles solo and asst?

#7 nextyearschampion

nextyearschampion

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:07 AM

Ronald Leary's absence will hurt the most.  He played for his job and a new contract.  He was reliable and solid. 

Agree.  But we know he earned a contract Cowboys could not offer.  He was gone all along.

Fir me, I thought they had a legit shot at Carr.  The secondary was the best unit on D last season, and Carr was part of the reason.  I suspect the team will miss him on game day.

#8 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Biggest loss is Carr, by a slight nod over Church, and mainly because he never missed a game.

Great cornerback, or average cornerback, doesn't matter, when the coaches set their lineup, Carr was a starting cornerback.  Church missed a few games here and there, including several last year....

#9 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

Would agree if not for Collins, assuming he has recovered from the injury, he's an at least adequate replacement.  Now if Looney or Cooper were the only guys available to replace Leary, yeah, I'd agree, but Collins played very well as a rookie, putting him between Smith and Frederick could result in arguably the greatest left side offensive line in history...

#10 Witten the man

Witten the man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

The biggest loss this season will be filling the lost of Doug Free,  We dont have a player on this roster who can step up for Free.  I dont see The college rank having the talent Free possess.  Leary out played Collin, and Collins have not played to the level he played in College.  Had Leary stayed,  I predicted he would of beaten out Collins for the OG spot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users