You are here

Photo

Cowboys Webcasts freezing badly for me- anyone else?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kix

kix

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

Starting last week, Talkin' Cowboys, The Break, Star on Air, The Draft Show-  have all been freezing badly during live viewing on my computer.  They are unwatchable live.  They all stream flawlessly if I watch a "replay" of them after they become available a short time later.  

This is a big change, as I've been watching these webcasts for years.  I think this started Monday March 27 for me.  It's been horrible every day since- for live webcasts only.  This includes today, as Star on Air (currently streaming) is freezing badly. 

Is anyone else having problems?  Has the quality changed for you?

:(

#2 souporbowl

souporbowl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:16 PM

Off and on.

I usually refresh the screen and it helps.

Being objective - that is truly one of the most difficult things about being a Cowboy fan....

#3 itchin

itchin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationIn a hidden bunker miles below Earth''s crust

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

Are you on DSL [copper] or fiber? I noticed a difference when I changed over last month but it depends on the server on the other end and how many hands it goes through after that before it gets to you.

#4 souporbowl

souporbowl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:49 PM

Are you on DSL [copper] or fiber? I noticed a difference when I changed over last month but it depends on the server on the other end and how many hands it goes through after that before it gets to you.

I have ATT DSL..but that's not really been a problem in the past.

Generally I get uninterrupted videos from here so it may just be a bug or high traffic on either end...it all depends...

Being objective - that is truly one of the most difficult things about being a Cowboy fan....

#5 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,855 posts
  • Location714

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

Wait till it's over and view/listen via podcast. Flawlessly

f304becd6fde9e4f7ffca8a3e9a5f484.jpg

#6 kix

kix

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

I'm on cable myself.  I tested my speed at over 118 Mbps.  Very fast.  Powerful computer too.  I've been listening to these webcasts for years, but for me it's taken a dramatic turn for the worse!  

#7 kix

kix

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:45 PM

Yup!  That's what I've had to resort to lately.  It's strange that the webcast will freeze 2-3 times per minute when viewed live, yet it performs flawlessly when watching a "repeat".  It's clear there is a difference between the 2 feeds for some reason- although it may affect different people to varying degrees....

#8 #1GM-Will-McClay-Jr.-Jr.

#1GM-Will-McClay-Jr.-Jr.

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Location(Dallas Cowboys War Room) Getting Ready To Draft Defensive Ends!

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

Mines work fine you might have to change your wifi channel to get A better connection. Look at the botton of your modem get the number and go to google type in. Change the channel on the name of your model. The directions should pop right up. When mines was doing what yours was doing after I changed my channel it worked better. My box works best on channel 11 for you it might be different.

#1GM-Will-McClay-Jr.-Jr.  "Egotistical Self Centered Self Proclaimed #1 General Manager Football Talent Scout In The Entire World.... Will McClay Jr. Jr. Is A Quick Tempered ...Always Right...Football..... Genius........Jet Flying.............Mansion Living.........Ferrari Bentley Rolls Royce Driving Son Of A Gun WOOOOOOOOW!! Wall Street Mindset........If You're Not Selling Something Then You're Not Winning"

62dd74d9b3fe558de0058107e6f08ce5.gif

#9 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,548 posts
  • LocationPJG Stealth Ops.

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:46 PM

Someone's not paying AT&T enough to stream their content at a reasonable rate.

#10 kix

kix

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:20 AM

Mines work fine you might have to change your wifi channel to get A better connection. Look at the botton of your modem get the number and go to google type in. Change the channel on the name of your model. The directions should pop right up. When mines was doing what yours was doing after I changed my channel it worked better. My box works best on channel 11 for you it might be different.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'm actually hardwired straight to the modem though.

:)

• #1GM-Will-McClay-Jr.-Jr. likes this

#11 #1GM-Will-McClay-Jr.-Jr.

#1GM-Will-McClay-Jr.-Jr.

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Location(Dallas Cowboys War Room) Getting Ready To Draft Defensive Ends!

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:12 AM

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'm actually hardwired straight to the modem though.

:)

O Ok if that's the case might be that time of the year when your service provider slows your system down on purpose. So you can call them and ask what's the problem. Then they hit you with that you need to upgrade to A more expensive package because it will give you A better connection. They did that to me before as well. A Secret way for them to get more money out of you.

• Bulletbob22 likes this

#1GM-Will-McClay-Jr.-Jr.  "Egotistical Self Centered Self Proclaimed #1 General Manager Football Talent Scout In The Entire World.... Will McClay Jr. Jr. Is A Quick Tempered ...Always Right...Football..... Genius........Jet Flying.............Mansion Living.........Ferrari Bentley Rolls Royce Driving Son Of A Gun WOOOOOOOOW!! Wall Street Mindset........If You're Not Selling Something Then You're Not Winning"

62dd74d9b3fe558de0058107e6f08ce5.gif

#12 Bulletbob22

Bulletbob22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:09 AM

O Ok if that's the case might be that time of the year when your service provider slows your system down on purpose. So you can call them and ask what's the problem. Then they hit you with that you need to upgrade to A more expensive package because it will give you A better connection. They did that to me before as well. A Secret way for them to get more money out of you.

Now THAT was funny...*tears*

I hate ATT btw.

"I'm thrilled, I'm grateful, I'm blessed. I played for the world's greatest professional sports team in history. Once a Dallas Cowboy, always a Dallas Cowboy."
Bob Hayes

#13 buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

On the other side of the pancake I'll say that I was having problems with the live broadcasts. 

• kix likes this

Dead cap money is *dead*. It's not resurrected by keeping a guy on the team and paying him a salary this year, it is only pushed off onto a future year, and now you've added this year's salary to his cumulative cap hit. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users