146 replies to this topic

#141 QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

How do you know that? He was one of their 30 visits and they seemed pretty happy to get him (especially Garrett and Marinelli).

They said themselves they had a 2nd round grade
  • uvaballa likes this

#142 cowboyJohn

cowboyJohn

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

How do you know that? He was one of their 30 visits and they seemed pretty happy to get him (especially Garrett and Marinelli).

The Cowboys gave 18 first round grades, as reported by multiple reporters. In other words, they weren't going to get one of those at their pick 10 slots later.

The term 'first round grade' is an inaccurate misnomer because nobody has 32 of those guys every year, but obviously 32 get picked in the first round. It's an asinine concept that draft pundits and fans seem to cling to every year when their team takes a player they don't like.

But he wasn't a first round grade! (very few ever are) Waahhh!

#143 DanAn

DanAn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

The Cowboys gave 18 first round grades, as reported by multiple reporters. In other words, they weren't going to get one of those at their pick 10 slots later.

The term 'first round grade' is an inaccurate misnomer because nobody has 32 of those guys every year, but obviously 32 get picked in the first round. It's an asinine concept that draft pundits and fans seem to cling to every year when their team takes a player they don't like.

But he wasn't a first round grade! (very few ever are) Waahhh!

Stephen Jones flat out said there is still a CB on the board with a 1st round grade. Listening to the interview I don't recall any indication of Taco having a 2nd round grade.
  • capcomeback likes this

#144 czarnickolas

czarnickolas

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

Well I certainly said they needed DB early and often and that's EXACTLY what happened.

#145 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,703 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

Well I certainly said they needed DB early and often and that's EXACTLY what happened.

And I certainly said that  we needed to go DE first because this draft was excessively deep at CB and we could get CB starters in the 2nd and 3rd round.    And that's EXACTLY what happened. 

Why are we crowing again? 

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#146 jmunzz1116

jmunzz1116

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 12:27 AM

Stephen Jones flat out said there is still a CB on the board with a 1st round grade. Listening to the interview I don't recall any indication of Taco having a 2nd round grade.

This is wrong, maybe he messed up in the interview and yes they had ONE player with a 1st round grade and apparently it was RB. Everybody whining and crying because we didn't pick a CB first is silly, I think the draft fell well for us and our needs.

• kskboys likes this

#147 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,703 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:11 AM

This is wrong, maybe he messed up in the interview and yes they had ONE player with a 1st round grade and apparently it was RB. Everybody whining and crying because we didn't pick a CB first is silly, I think the draft fell well for us and our needs.

It fell amazing!!!

Aside from Myles and Allen, we got the best DL prospect in the draft.     And then got two 1st round talents at CB and took care of our punt returning needs.     HR. 

• Lane21Train likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users