You are here

Photo

Even with the tough schedule can we still go 12 and 4 or match last years 13 and 3

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Beaker42

Beaker42

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, IL

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

NFC east has been adding offensive weapons, and we just dismantled our sub-par secondary to start over from scratch. Our D-line is a bunch of average joes and we are hanging on to the hope that we will be set at linebacker if everybody gets and stays healthy. Our offense will have to score 30/game.

OBJ has the opener circled.  Think Megatron lit us up 3 or so yrs ago?  This dude could go for 400 and 4 TD's.

#42 glimmerman70

glimmerman70

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,982 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

We win the east. What happens after that will depend on our staff. They blew it last season.

OBJ has the opener circled. Think Megatron lit us up 3 or so yrs ago? This dude could go for 400 and 4 TD's.

Then they will only score 28 points. One man show don't win the game. We win in a last second FG from Bailey.

"Big Ben Sucks, says ES!"  ES is smart...

#43 Signalman Chief

Signalman Chief

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:34 PM

This offense will carry this team, especially if Dallas can find an another Erik Williams for the RT slot. Defensively they better get the pass rusher right this time, or they'll won't make it out the divisional round. Teams loaded up for this offense, but with a year under his belt, i think Prescott will be more than ready for what ever defense will be thrown at him...

15894316_10206567152892178_3639692487636

#44 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,976 posts
  • Location714

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

11-5. NY won't sweep is this year. Trust

f304becd6fde9e4f7ffca8a3e9a5f484.jpg

#45 egocowboy

egocowboy

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:26 AM

Nope. I'm guessing 9-7. People thinking that rookie DBs will come in and fill half of that position group as well as veterans did are, imho, wrong

You really think church wilcox Claiborne and Carr will be missed that much that a rookie just cant do it? Cause i thought that its either you got it or you dont.
Carr maybe but even he would get burned

#46 Relayer

Relayer

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,657 posts
  • LocationChristchurch NZ. (Go All Blacks)

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

The offseason has lessened our talent level in our secondary and OL to Free Agency .

From the onset we aren't the same team as last year. Now if we can fill those holes in the draft and some of our injured draftees from last year can contribute is yet to be seen.

We shouldn't be making any comparisons from last years team based on different rosters we'll be fielding.

And our 1st place schedule adds 2 more playoff teams we must place along with the AFC West adds another additional playoff team as opposed to last year.

All of these contributing factors propose a different outcome this year in our record.

Based on these factors assuming we will replace the players we lost with similar production and the tougher schedule it seems a reasonable assumption we'd have less wins than last year unless of course you believe our competition overall is going to be less than last year.

We should see improvement from our young players. Although the D might suffer from some loss of continuity with a lot of new players. Between the players we lost and the injured young players from last year there could be some growing pains on the defensive side of the ball. I can actually see the O improving noticeably though with Dak and Zeke being in their 2nd years.

Romo%20press%20conference.jpg

The hardest hitter in football. :)

Darrell Royal

I might say this: we’ve always been a running team and I’m sure we will continue to be so. (We’ve been criticized for it, I might add.) But I’ve always felt that three things can happen to you whenever you throw the football, and two of them are bad. You can catch the ball, you can throw it incomplete, or have it intercepted.

#47 DDdave2

DDdave2

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

14-2 posssible and 12-4 at a minimum. By week 4 the rest of the NFL will dread having to play the Cowboys. They won't just win games, they will dominate games from start to finish. Seen this rodeo before. I said it first. Go Cowboys!!

"Enough with the trick plays Bert, run the dang ball"

#48 #1fanforever

#1fanforever

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:20 PM

The opener could dictate how fast we begin the season .

Our schedule certainly sets us up early to make a run against non playoff teams last year with Denver, AZ and LA.

It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#49 DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, North Carolina

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

You really think church wilcox Claiborne and Carr will be missed that much that a rookie just cant do it? Cause i thought that its either you got it or you dont.
Carr maybe but even he would get burned

You're trying to replace 4 vets with a couple rookies, so numbers alone say it'll be tough.

Then you're counting on those rookies do not be busts and indeed "get it", and we all know how imperfect of a science projecting prospects is.

And if you clear those hurdles, you're counting on those rookies to hit the ground running and produce in their first year. This happens but often players need a year or two, or at least a handful of games, to adjust to the speed of the NFL, the talent level, etc.

And if they pull all that off, you still need to hope that none of them, or the current vets for that matter, get injured and further hamstring the secondary.

It isn't unheard of but statistically speaking I think it is improbable. I'm thinking the DB group is a weakness this year but could be a strength next year when these young guys are up to speed and have another rookie or two join the ranks in 2018 offseason.

I think if Dallas manages to get two DBs in this draft that actually manage to immediately step in and replace four vet DBs, then this draft and the last will go down as the luckiest two drafts in a row of all time.
  • Bulletbob22 likes this

#50 Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,732 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

heck yeah we have Jason "Beliache" Garrett.........  

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

________________________________________________________________________________________

SUPERBOWL_OR_BUST.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users