#21 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,482 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:20 AM

We know who wears the Balls in the house. 

#22 NateDizzle

NateDizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • LocationChillin at the EBDBBnB

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:23 AM

Kid said yesterday he could beat Jordan 1-1. I knew I'd find a reason to hate him. Jordan, at 54, would still destroy this kid, I'm sure of it.

#23 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,879 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

Kid said yesterday he could beat Jordan 1-1. I knew I'd find a reason to hate him. Jordan, at 54, would still destroy this kid, I'm sure of it.

He qualified that with "right now".   Jordan is 54.   I bet there are a ton of college players that could beat him 1 on 1 right now.  He was slow as dirt when he retired from the NBA.   I can't imagine at 54 he's got any kind of hops or quickness.   It was a silly thing to say,  but we don't know the question he was responding to.  Its likely an interviewer goaded him with a question like "  do you think you could beat Michael Jordan? " b/c of his father's boast.   His father boasted that he could beat Jordan when both were in there prime which is completely ludicrous. 

#24 NateDizzle

NateDizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:16 PM

He qualified that with "right now".   Jordan is 54.   I bet there are a ton of college players that could beat him 1 on 1 right now.  He was slow as dirt when he retired from the NBA.   I can't imagine at 54 he's got any kind of hops or quickness.   It was a silly thing to say,  but we don't know the question he was responding to.  Its likely an interviewer goaded him with a question like "  do you think you could beat Michael Jordan? " b/c of his father's boast.   His father boasted that he could beat Jordan when both were in there prime which is completely ludicrous. 

My money would still be on Jordan. Dude stays in phenomenal shape, still dunks with ease, can still shoot the lights out, and even if he's slower than he was in his prime, his determination to win is still unmatched. 

http://www.stack.com...hooting-contest

http://www.mensfitne...come-back-again

https://www.youtube....h?v=ic2zBMYCtII

#25 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,879 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

My money would still be on Jordan. Dude stays in phenomenal shape, still dunks with ease, can still shoot the lights out, and even if he's slower than he was in his prime, his determination to win is still unmatched. 

http://www.stack.com...hooting-contest

http://www.mensfitne...come-back-again

https://www.youtube....h?v=ic2zBMYCtII

A lot of guys can still shoot.  You should see Del Curry,  Stephen's dad.  He's still got his stroke.   That doesn't change.  What does change is your ability to move laterally and get an open shot.   Sorry but there is no way Jordan ( who I consider the GOAT of his sport)  at 54 is going to be swishing jump shots with Lonzo Ball in his face playing aggressive D......... nor could he stay in front of Lonzo on defense or run around him.  

Not sure how old you are but Father Time is undefeated.

#26 NateDizzle

NateDizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

A lot of guys can still shoot. You should see Del Curry, Stephen's dad. He's still got his stroke. That doesn't change. What does change is your ability to move laterally and get an open shot. Sorry but there is no way Jordan ( who I consider the GOAT of his sport) at 54 is going to be swishing jump shots with Lonzo Ball in his face playing aggressive D......... nor could he stay in front of Lonzo on defense or run around him.

Not sure how old you are but Father Time is undefeated.

Understand all that. Still going with Jordan. If anyone has the force of will to tap into the fountain of youth for one 1-1 game for the sole purpose of not losing to an upstart who thinks he can beat him and said so publicly, it's 23.

#27 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,879 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:12 PM

Understand all that. Still going with Jordan. If anyone has the force of will to tap into the fountain of youth for one 1-1 game for the sole purpose of not losing to an upstart who thinks he can beat him and said so publicly, it's 23.

I can't debate sentimentality.

• NateDizzle likes this

#28 NateDizzle

NateDizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

I can't debate sentimentality.

Why not? We're debating a hypothetical scenario. My sentimentality carries as much weight as your reasonable logic in this debate as neither will ever be proven correct. I will concede that your odds are more favorable.
  • atlantacowboy likes this

#29 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,879 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:41 AM

Why not? We're debating a hypothetical scenario. My sentimentality carries as much weight as your reasonable logic in this debate as neither will ever be proven correct. I will concede that your odds are more favorable.

When I was 25, I used to look at 50 year old guys and think "lazy sloths.......why aren't they out here running and training like I do to stay fit?"   As I approach 50,  I get it.   The mind knows what it wants to do and still thinks it can,  the body has entirely different agenda.   :)

• kskboys likes this

#30 NateDizzle

NateDizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

When I was 25, I used to look at 50 year old guys and think "lazy sloths.......why aren't they out here running and training like I do to stay fit?"   As I approach 50,  I get it.   The mind knows what it wants to do and still thinks it can,  the body has entirely different agenda.   :)

That's where I put my faith in Jordan. Mind over matter. Game 5 of 1997 Finals vs. the Jazz. 38 points in 44 minutes and dominated them with the flu. When I have had the flu, I haven't been able to get out of bed, much less shoot a basketball :)

#31 uvaballa

uvaballa

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,240 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:17 PM

The more I see Alonzo the more I like the kid. The commercial making fun of his dad was perfect. I also like the fact he's still working out outside in his backyard and not in an air conditioned gym. I think he's really going to pan out.
2r7n7m0.jpg

#32 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,879 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

The more I see Alonzo the more I like the kid. The commercial making fun of his dad was perfect. I also like the fact he's still working out outside in his backyard and not in an air conditioned gym. I think he's really going to pan out.

I think he needs to get used to shooting indoors........in air conditioning b/c thats where NBA games are played.  He shot poorly from beyond the arc in college b/c he hasn't yet adapted his stroke.      There is a difference shooting indoors vs outdoors. 

#33 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,879 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

Well well. The Lakers just traded Deangelo Russel and Mozgov.  They officially need a PG.   Hello Lonzo Ball.

• uvaballa likes this

#34 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,595 posts
  • LocationThe road to the HoF

Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

Lonzo isnt as good as Russell offensively. And is barely better defensively. They arent going anywhere.
I honestly feel bad for laker fans, their ownership is so delusional. They have no clue how to build a team

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

This STAR is gonna shine!

963ff48f5aabea8ace1d0bef918ab97b.jpg

#35 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,696 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

Me too!!!

I'm 52.     Me n a bud used to talk about when we were going to hang it up playing softball.    Both of us insisted that they'd have to drag us off the field. 

Then I hit 40.    And couldn't do what I used to do.    Got hit in the knee.    Running wasn't fun any more.    And I retired from playing sports at that age.   

• atlantacowboy likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#36 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,879 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

Me too!!!

I'm 52.     Me n a bud used to talk about when we were going to hang it up playing softball.    Both of us insisted that they'd have to drag us off the field. 

Then I hit 40.    And couldn't do what I used to do.    Got hit in the knee.    Running wasn't fun any more.    And I retired from playing sports at that age.   

Its inevitable.  You just don't want to beleive it when your young. 

I play golf,  workout......yoga........ no more running sports. 

#37 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,696 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

Its inevitable.  You just don't want to beleive it when your young. 

I play golf,  workout......yoga........ no more running sports. 

Last guy I knew still jogging in his 50's just had two knee replacements.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#38 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,482 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:00 AM

Poor poor poor Ball. 

2 of 15 tonight's debut, 1 of 11 from 3's... but Daddy Ball..........

LAS VEGAS -- LaVar Ball says Lonzo Ball has the NBA Rookie of the Year Award "sewn up" and that the Los Angeles Lakers will add the hardware they truly covet if LeBron James ever plays with his son.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Heck yeah!" LaVar told ESPN while watching his son make his Lakers debut in a Las Vegas Summer League game against the Clippers on Friday. "Lonzo and LeBron? Come on man! That's real deal. You don't want to give him the best player in the world. You don't want to give Lonzo the best player in the world and don't get no championship? Shoot."

LMAO

Hmmm, should he have gone to Cleveland instead?

I don't wish bad on the kid but just can't stand that LaVar moron

#39 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,595 posts
  • LocationThe road to the HoF

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

Lonzo ball finished with 5 points in 32 minutes. To put that into perspective, the guy taken after him scored 23 in 32 minutes, and fultz is averaging 40 per 48... (23 in 26 minutes)

Being the best rookie on his team is a long shot, let alone being the best rookie in the league

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

This STAR is gonna shine!

963ff48f5aabea8ace1d0bef918ab97b.jpg

#40 My_Name_Is_Dallas

My_Name_Is_Dallas

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:50 PM

Can we talk about Dennis Smith Jr

Jason-Witten-1600-1200.jpg

I think when the regular season starts everyone starts in the same place. #1 or #32 depending on your life outlook. (so #32 for you.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users