#61 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,510 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

I'm not talking about the Russell trade.   Thats got nothing to do with Lonzo Ball..............and neither does Kidd-Gilchrist.  The lakers are Magic Johnson's show right now and he has them nicely positioned to add 2 max contracts next year.  Forget the team in 2017.   Everything Magic has done thus far is for 2018.  Russell is not a team player and didm't fit into their plans.  Until Russell actually does something in NBA,  you can't argue it was a mistake.  Being the best player on the Lakers last year is not saying much.

Its better to show something in the summer league than nothing at all.  MVP is a nice start and certainly not a harbinger of bad things to come.

#62 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,528 posts
  • LocationThe road to the HoF

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:12 PM

Its nicd to show something. And he did. His passing is nice. But he isnt a good shooter. I believe his average fg% in the sl is less than 35%
He was touted for his shooting. If he can fix that he will be good. Im very concerned with his shooting form though. Like i said its slow. It forced him to shoot from farther out than he should have in college. If he cant fix his perimiter shooting then he will never be great.

He isnt in a great place to fix it though. He needs time, and lakers fans are some of the least patient in the league. I hope he does well though, cause a Fultz Ball rivalry is just flat out good for the nba. They will be fun to watch.

I only bring up other sl stats to show that its not a great indicator of how you will do in the nba. There are pleanty of SL players that flop. Just saying. I hope every rookie from this class becomes a star because the nba needs a resurgence of young talent

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

This STAR is gonna shine!

963ff48f5aabea8ace1d0bef918ab97b.jpg

#63 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,510 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

Ball's best quality is an intangible.  He is a born leader and has the kind of court vision that makes his teammates better.  Thats why he was picked #2.   Nobody is claiming he's the second coming of Steph Curry.   Lonzo is more like Jason Kidd who didn't shoot over 38% until his 4th season...........but still dominated the floor.

• kskboys likes this

#64 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,528 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

The only thing i question about that in the current NBA is the fact that the point guard position has evolved to a level where you almost need the 3 point shot to open up your 2nd and 3rd option. He isnt amazing out of the pick and roll. All im saying is he needs a lot of work. (as does Fultz and Tatum) He needs to develop either as a shooter or a driver if he is going to be a top 10 pg.

There are plenty of people that have claimed he is as good if not better than Curry, when that comparison is way off base. Thats like saying Leonard fournette is the next Matt Forte. They play completely different styles of football, just like Lonzo is a different kind of PG.

I want to bring this back to a civil discussion. We disagree on Lonzo as of right now. I think he is over rated as a player based on his shooting style, something that will need to be fixed. I enjoy watching him play and hope he can develop atleast a John Wall type of play style where he has a mid range shot and drive to take defenders into the paint.
Would lobe to sed them grab a better shooter. Someone that is automatic at the 3. Honestly next year JJ Redick would be a good option. Their style of play would let him be a 3rd scoring option, but he is deadly from 3.

You see what im getting at? He isnt bad. He has a decent floor, and is a leader. But he needs to develop something else if he wants to be an all time great.

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

#65 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,953 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

I hate the NBA and I hope this dude face plants in the league. Yeah, yeah. I'm jealous and you're on his nads. :)

#66 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,510 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

I hate the NBA and I hope this dude face plants in the league. Yeah, yeah. I'm jealous and you're on his nads. :)

I guess ignorance never stopped you from having an opinion.  Why should this thread be any different?

#67 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,084 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

Watched some highlights other day.   Looks to me as if this kid can frickin' pass, and has an amazing court presence. 

• atlantacowboy likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#68 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,683 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

Watched some highlights other day. Looks to me as if this kid can frickin' pass, and has an amazing court presence.

Yeah hee can pass. And he can pass.

#69 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 25,953 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

I guess ignorance never stopped you from having an opinion. Why should this thread be any different?

Lol. Butt hurt much? I will send you some Prep H.

#70 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,528 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:05 AM

I guess ignorance never stopped you from having an opinion. Why should this thread be any different?

I wouldnt say this is ignorance, and has more to do with the look at me attitude of his family. I mean the family is a bunch of idiots that do everything they can to prove they are idiots. Like "my son is better than the 2x MVP (one time unanimous)" or "im gonna take every single shot from half court even though the advantage it used to have is gone." the families personality has created a huge challenge for Lonzo. A lot of people will hate him just for his family

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

#71 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,510 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

I wouldnt say this is ignorance, and has more to do with the look at me attitude of his family. I mean the family is a bunch of idiots that do everything they can to prove they are idiots. Like "my son is better than the 2x MVP (one time unanimous)" or "im gonna take every single shot from half court even though the advantage it used to have is gone." the families personality has created a huge challenge for Lonzo. A lot of people will hate him just for his family

Lonzo's dad is the reason I started this thread.   Lonzo isn't like him ,  though.  

Heath doesn't watch the NBA and has never seen this kid play.   If you don't like his game,  fine.  Thats not ignorance.  If your just throwing out an insulting opinion for its own sake,  how is that NOT ignorance?  You basically just made up an opinion and gave Heath credit when he expressed none of that.

Lol. Butt hurt much? I will send you some Prep H.

Go hijack someone else's thread with stupid.   Its kinda what you do.

#72 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 25,953 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

Lonzo's dad is the reason I started this thread. Lonzo isn't like him , though.

Heath doesn't watch the NBA and has never seen this kid play. If you don't like his game, fine. Thats not ignorance. If your just throwing out an insulting opinion b/c your bored and can't find anyone else to bother, thats ignorance.

Maybe you are ignorant about what ignorance means?

To my knowledge, the kids hasn't played in the NBA. He has only been drafted and played in the summer league, which isn't the NBA yet. He has also played college ball and I saw Fox tear his ass up.

And it doesn't matter the reason I want a player to fail. There can be heroes and villians in the sports world. Those you root for and those you root against for whatever reason.

There are a few of you who seem to get bothered by people who root agianst players, you are one of those people, and you seem to get upset about it because you are also uptight.

So, yeah, I don't the dude's father and I hope all 3 of his sons fail. That is my reason that I am entitled to. Now, you won't be ingnorant as to my reason.

#73 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,510 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

Maybe you are ignorant about what ignorance means?

To my knowledge, the kids hasn't played in the NBA. He has only been drafted and played in the summer league, which isn't the NBA yet. He has also played college ball and I saw Fox tear his ass up.

And it doesn't matter the reason I want a player to fail. There can be heroes and villians in the sports world. Those you root for and those you root against for whatever reason.

There are a few of you who seem to get bothered by people who root agianst players, you are one of those players, and you seem to get upset about it because you are also uptight.

So, yeah, I don't the dude's father and I hope all 3 of his sons fail. That is my reason that I am entitled to. Now, you won't be ingnorant as to my reason.

I was responding to your original comment which expressed none of that and was basically an insult directed at me.

I could care less if you like or dislike Lonzo.  Just state a reason and don't join a discussion for the sole purpose of being an ahole.

#74 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,528 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Like i said before i dont dislike Lonzo. I wish he would distance himself from his father. And i think he is by far the best of the three brothers.
Not the best shooter, but the best all around player.
His family does make me want to hate him more. He is humble and he is soft spoken. Would love to see him do well, but i just hate his father.

76ers Lakers games will be so much fun. Im pumped. Especially since im the one 76ers fan in the middle of Lakers/Warriors country.
  • atlantacowboy likes this

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

#75 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,510 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted Yesterday, 05:14 PM

Like i said before i dont dislike Lonzo. I wish he would distance himself from his father. And i think he is by far the best of the three brothers.
Not the best shooter, but the best all around player.
His family does make me want to hate him more. He is humble and he is soft spoken. Would love to see him do well, but i just hate his father.

76ers Lakers games will be so much fun. Im pumped. Especially since im the one 76ers fan in the middle of Lakers/Warriors country.

His father drives me nutts b/c he treats his sons like his own personal property and is clearly riding their coattails.  His rationale is something like:   " I made them what they are today,  so they owe me."  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users