Wade Phillips still disgruntled after being fired by Cowboys in 2010

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#161 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,704 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

Dan reeves help bring Wade to Dallas, but even he didn't want to do nothing with Jerry meddling in the Football decision in Dallas.  Dan Reeves didn't want to be part of this team staff.

That's funny, because we hired him.    And then he and JJ had a spat, and Reeves took off.   

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#162 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,476 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

Dan reeves help bring Wade to Dallas, but even he didn't want to do nothing with Jerry meddling in the Football decision in Dallas.  Dan Reeves didn't want to be part of this team staff.

How did Reeves help bring Wade to Dallas?
  • kskboys likes this

#163 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

How did Reeves help bring Wade to Dallas?

I don't recall the details but it wouldn't be a stretch with their history together.
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#164 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

That's funny, because we hired him. And then he and JJ had a spat, and Reeves took off.

Yea, if I recall correctly it had something to do with the amount of time Reeves was expected to dedicate. So , it was reported but I suspect it had more to do with control.

Not sure why Reeves thought he could work within the Jerry parameters but it was an exciting thought. Especially after Parcells was here we had hoped we might go to a more normal situation but it's just not within Jerry to yield it and why Bill scurried off.

It was obvious with Wade Jerry fell back into his ways assuming he really left them with Bill which I suspect with some of the decisions like TO, etc we just wanted to believe that.
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#165 .G2.

.G2.

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,541 posts
  • LocationPJG Investigation Unit

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

Maybe.

Obviously.

• kskboys likes this

#166 johnny23

johnny23

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

I wouldn't go as far as to say this. Jerrah has a bag full of bigger mistakes. Maybe even a boxcar full. Pissin' off the 90's dyanasty being, BY FAR, the biggest by firing Jimmah and hiring Switzer who coulda not cared less about being a HC, followed by the litany of loser coaches and FA signings. Jerrah effed this team over and made it a laughing stock all the way up to hiring The Tuna and still has the potential to eff up a wet dream. Wade's weakness was simply that ... being weak! Good/great defensive designer, fair HC. Winning generally follows him around.

Jimmy openly admits to provoking Jerry and embarrassing him at the annual owners meeting. You do that to your boss & see what happens. This narrative of absolving Jimmy for any wrong doing in what led up to his rightful dismissal is beyond absurd with Cowboys fans.

Lets be honest here if you're Wade Phillips you should be mad at yourself for not standing your ground and getting the right players you need. Being more assertive and not bring viewed as that goofy old grandpa that let's you get away with murder. Sure he probably was given a raw deal but man don't let the ship sink as badly as it did in 2010. That team should have started the season 6-0 but was 1-5. Because he didn't instill anything to in them.

#167 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Tx

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:09 AM

Im sure G2 knows that and was referring to JG getting a ring as a coach.

92, 93-95. Sheesh, and you call yourself a Cowboys fan. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users