6 replies to this topic

#1 jdux6779

jdux6779

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:41 AM

Does anyone have any experience touring the Star or staying at the Omni Frisco hotel? I was wondering if it was open yet. Can anyone provide any feedback? Looking to stay there during Giants weekend. Also, is this the new hotel where players stay before home games?

#2 MistyAnn

MistyAnn

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

I don't know about during the season, but I'd love to train at the gym there, very expensive but dang cool.

I

Love

Dallas

#3 NDrewCowboyFan

NDrewCowboyFan

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:29 AM

Does anyone have any experience touring the Star or staying at the Omni Frisco hotel? I was wondering if it was open yet. Can anyone provide any feedback? Looking to stay there during Giants weekend. Also, is this the new hotel where players stay before home games?

I believe the hotel is open now.  It is brand spankin new so no one has stayed there yet.

It is the hotel where the players will stay the night before the game.  I can tell you as someone who has stayed at the team hotel before security on their floor is TIGHT.  They are sequestered.  They have a separate parking area and private entrance.   You MIGHT get lucky seeing a player or two but do not bank on it.

#4 NDrewCowboyFan

NDrewCowboyFan

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:22 AM

UPDATE:

The hotel is officially open today.  They had the ribbon cutting ceremony.  Story on the Main Page of this site.

#5 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,136 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

Last I saw they were booking for $360/night on game weekends. It better come with a cheerleader for that price.

• Reid1boy likes this

0pearson0428.png

Hey Dawkins, Westbrook; shut your mouth when you are talking to me.

#6 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,441 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

I've been to The Star and toured it by a fortunate circumstance I won't go into.   It's pretty incredible.   The Omni just opened.  As for whether players will stay there before home games - do players do that these days, or do they just come from home?   The Star is a fair distance from AT&T Stadium (30 miles maybe?) so it's not as if it is the most convenient place to stay before a home game. 

#7 NDrewCowboyFan

NDrewCowboyFan

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

As for whether players will stay there before home games - do players do that these days, or do they just come from home?   The Star is a fair distance from AT&T Stadium (30 miles maybe?) so it's not as if it is the most convenient place to stay before a home game. 

It is up to each team whether or not to require the players to stay at the team hotel the night before game day.  The Cowboys do require it.  The team hotel in the past few years has been the Texas Gaylord which wasn't exactly close by either.  The players typically drive their own vehicles from the hotel to the stadium.  I know on several game trips I have passed them heading out of the hotel early in the morning including almost colliding with Sean Lee.  I also know when I was at the Packers play off game last year I got off on the wrong floor of the Gaylord and was immediately stopped by team security.  The players come and go as they please up until curfew.  Many don't arrive until just before curfew as they have appearances to do.  We did run into Dez Bryant a couple of years ago leaving with a woman for dinner reservations.  You can run into the players but it isn't easy as they are sequestered and the team floor well guarded for their privacy and security.

The only team I know of that deviated from this rule was the Ravens when Ray Lewis played for the team.  He preferred to be at home and the coaching staff and GM said as long as no one got into trouble and no one was late/missed game day players could stay at home the night before.  They also said anyone who screwed it up and got the privilege revoked had to answer to Ray.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users