37 replies to this topic

#21 InTheZone

InTheZone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

Michael Irvin is being investigated for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman at a Ft. Lauderdale hotel ... something he vigorously denies.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Sports, a 27-year-old Florida woman filed a police report, claiming she and the NFL Hall of Famer were out at a bar in the early hours of March 21 when they went back to the W hotel, where Michael was staying.

The woman says they were in Michael's room when she began to feel sick. She says the last thing she remembers is fighting him off. She says when she woke up he was about to check out, leaving her behind. She took an Uber home and called 911 at 7:30 AM.

She told cops she feared she was drugged and raped. She was advised to go to a medical lab for a swab and a blood test, which she did.

She says she also texted Michael, asking him if they had sex. She says he responded that he wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

Our sources say Michael, now an analyst at NFL Network, tells a very different story. He says he was out at a bar with a group of people, including the woman, until around 4:30 AM March 21, when he returned to his hotel and she followed. Michael says he had an early flight, was in the room for only 15 minutes and had no sexual contact with the woman. He also says another male was present.

He says the woman -- a cosmetologist -- texted him a day later saying, "Come for a facial when you get back to Ft. Lauderdale."

Irvin's lawyer, Larry Friedman, tells TMZ Sports, "Michael was in Ft. Lauderdale visiting his nieces and nephews at a track meet. He was also visiting his 90-year-old aunt and attending her birthday party. He was blindsided by news of these allegations."

Friedman adds, "The allegations are completely false. In the few hours since we've learned about them we've already discovered many red flags about this young woman's background and the allegations she made against Michael. Even the complaint that she made specifically says she does not recall the events that took place. She was very drunk that night. Nothing happened and there was no assault."

Police are investigating.

Sometimes it only takes a allegation to cost you your job on tv.

I'm not siding with anyone, but hoping Irvin is smart enough not to do such stupid things. It is accusations like this I truly believe if the lady is lying about being raped and drugged and Irvin is found not guilty then she should be serving a life sentence. To be accused of a crime has to be the worst, probably the same feeling of someone committing a crime against you and you can't prove it.

#22 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

I'm not siding with anyone, but hoping Irvin is smart enough not to do such stupid things. It is accusations like this I truly believe if the lady is lying about being raped and drugged and Irvin is found not guilty then she should be serving a life sentence.

Damn a life sentence tho lol. Slap her on the tush and tell her dont do that no more.
Yes id like to order my Cowboy Blinders please...Heavy on the tent...how much you say?

#23 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,491 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

Michael Irvin is being investigated for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman at a Ft. Lauderdale hotel ... something he vigorously denies.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Sports, a 27-year-old Florida woman filed a police report, claiming she and the NFL Hall of Famer were out at a bar in the early hours of March 21 when they went back to the W hotel, where Michael was staying.

The woman says they were in Michael's room when she began to feel sick. She says the last thing she remembers is fighting him off. She says when she woke up he was about to check out, leaving her behind. She took an Uber home and called 911 at 7:30 AM.

She told cops she feared she was drugged and raped. She was advised to go to a medical lab for a swab and a blood test, which she did.

She says she also texted Michael, asking him if they had sex. She says he responded that he wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

Our sources say Michael, now an analyst at NFL Network, tells a very different story. He says he was out at a bar with a group of people, including the woman, until around 4:30 AM March 21, when he returned to his hotel and she followed. Michael says he had an early flight, was in the room for only 15 minutes and had no sexual contact with the woman. He also says another male was present.

He says the woman -- a cosmetologist -- texted him a day later saying, "Come for a facial when you get back to Ft. Lauderdale."

Irvin's lawyer, Larry Friedman, tells TMZ Sports, "Michael was in Ft. Lauderdale visiting his nieces and nephews at a track meet. He was also visiting his 90-year-old aunt and attending her birthday party. He was blindsided by news of these allegations."

Friedman adds, "The allegations are completely false. In the few hours since we've learned about them we've already discovered many red flags about this young woman's background and the allegations she made against Michael. Even the complaint that she made specifically says she does not recall the events that took place. She was very drunk that night. Nothing happened and there was no assault."

Police are investigating.

Sometimes it only takes a allegation to cost you your job on tv.

I don't like him, and never have, but those charges seem a little fishy.  I would hope he would have learned by now.  I find it incredulous that he would rape a drunk woman after all the crap he's been through and put his family through.  And this would not just cost him his job but his career, no TV net or cable net would touch him.  But, they shouldn't do anything until that has been resolved, he shouldn't be fired just because of allegations.

Doesn't help that the reason he had to leave Dallas ESPN was because of rape allegations that mysteriously dissipated once he was gone and many think Booger had a hand in that.  Again, it was all innuendo and rumor with no known facts to back that up.

#24 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 25,491 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

I'm not siding with anyone, but hoping Irvin is smart enough not to do such stupid things. It is accusations like this I truly believe if the lady is lying about being raped and drugged and Irvin is found not guilty then she should be serving a life sentence. To be accused of a crime has to be the worst, probably the same feeling of someone committing a crime against you and you can't prove it.

I agree and once a person has any kind of history, even by rumor, of that sort of thing, the public convicts without hearing all of the evidence.

Could not happen at a worse time with the NFLN ratings down considerably and the league 8% down overall but worse on NFLN and ESPN than the others, although CBS was in bad shape.  Irvin could be guilty of nothing more than poor judgement being in a compromising position and NFLN needs a sacrifice to the ad agencies.  He sure doesn't need to give them an excuse.  Last time he did that, ESPN jumped on it.

#25 glimmerman70

glimmerman70

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

I don't like him, and never have, but those charges seem a little fishy. I would hope he would have learned by now. I find it incredulous that he would rape a drunk woman after all the crap he's been through and put his family through. And this would not just cost him his job but his career, no TV net or cable net would touch him. But, they shouldn't do anything until that has been resolved, he shouldn't be fired just because of allegations.

Doesn't help that the reason he had to leave Dallas ESPN was because of rape allegations that mysteriously dissipated once he was gone and many think Booger had a hand in that. Again, it was all innuendo and rumor with no known facts to back that up.

Yeah JJ won't help him this time. Unless it's been resolved already and goes away then NFLN will dump him. Save a few bucks. He is saying there was someone else in the room also, and you would think the tests would have already been back by now. And where is the proof of the alleged texts of her saying to stop in for a facial.. Lol. If she followed them back to room at 4:30 and passes out he left the room by 5:00 am. She calls a uber and goes home, calls 911 at 7:30 then has tests done. Results should have been back by now for sure. And after all that she texts him to stop in? If he has those texts then he should be cleared.

"Big Ben Sucks, says ES!"  ES is smart...

#26 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 25,491 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

Irvin is an idiot, i dont care how he tries to spin it on where he was at or who the girl was to him. He knows he had no business there. Why even be the last one in the room with the girl after everyone left?

He had a good thing going on and now may be out of a job. Id rather listen to irvin than over half the other asshats that are on.

And not because they are bashing dallas on a daily double lol.

He is the main reason I don't watch NFLN, Sanders being the other one.  Irvin is too amateur, homer and clownish for the national stage.  If he wants to play that homer act, play it at home.  Same reason I will not watch ESPN with Woodson, especially when he's doing his John Houseman imitation that that interior decorator ascot.... what a tool.

Of all the talking heads on the pregames, the two best to me are Matt Hasselbeck and Kurt Warner and I wish they were on the same show.  CBS is like watching a clinical trial on tranquilizers.

I am a fan without a pregame show and not happy about that.  I really used to like them, even going back to Musburger, Phyllis George and Jimmy the Greek pimping the Vegas spreads.  My wife hated that I liked watching Phyllis George as I made too many comments.  I said one time "hey, she looks pretty damned good for just having a baby" to which my wife replied '"bittch does sit ups with donuts in the her mouth".   I kept any favorable comments about Phyllis to myself from there on.

Musburger is such a goofball.  Were you watching the Bama game when the camera was on AJ McCarron's fiancee?  I was rolling in the floor and the first thing that came to mind was those guys in "Porky's" looking at the chicks in the shower.  The cameraman was having a ball too because he went back to her and Musburger went nuts again telling all the young guys in the audience to be QB's.

Yeah JJ won't help him this time. Unless it's been resolved already and goes away then NFLN will dump him. Save a few bucks. He is saying there was someone else in the room also, and you would think the tests would have already been back by now. And where is the proof of the alleged texts of her saying to stop in for a facial.. Lol. If she followed them back to room at 4:30 and passes out he left the room by 5:00 am. She calls a uber and goes home, calls 911 at 7:30 then has tests done. Results should have been back by now for sure. And after all that she texts him to stop in? If he has those texts then he should be cleared.

And is her idea of a facial the same as his?

#27 glimmerman70

glimmerman70

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

He is the main reason I don't watch NFLN, Sanders being the other one. Irvin is too amateur, homer and clownish for the national stage. If he wants to play that homer act, play it at home. Same reason I will not watch ESPN with Woodson, especially when he's doing his John Houseman imitation that that interior decorator ascot.... what a tool.

Of all the talking heads on the pregames, the two best to me are Matt Hasselbeck and Kurt Warner and I wish they were on the same show. CBS is like watching a clinical trial on tranquilizers.

I am a fan without a pregame show and not happy about that. I really used to like them, even going back to Musburger, Phyllis George and Jimmy the Greek pimping the Vegas spreads. My wife hated that I liked watching Phyllis George as I made too many comments. I said one time "hey, she looks pretty damned good for just having a baby" to which my wife replied '"bittch does sit ups with donuts in the her mouth". I kept any favorable comments about Phyllis to myself from there on.

Musburger is such a goofball. Were you watched the Bama game when the camera was on AJ McCarron's fiancee? I was rolling in the floor and the first thing that came to mind was those guys in "Porky's" looking at the chicks in the shower. The cameraman was having a ball too because he went back to her and Musburger went nuts again telling all the young guys in the audience to be QB's.

Apparently not if she is calling the cops.

"Big Ben Sucks, says ES!"  ES is smart...

#28 Millennial Messiah

Millennial Messiah

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

Yep. Can't stand today's females and feel they are all awful, manipulative, cunning, and uber-selfish. You can thank the feminazi agenda

#29 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 25,491 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

Yep. Can't stand today's females and feel they are all awful, manipulative, cunning, and uber-selfish. You can thank the feminazi agenda

Wow, generalize much?

• InTheZone likes this

#30 Kal-El of Krypton

Kal-El of Krypton

• Moderators
  • 8,941 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

I hope broadcast boot camp works a hell of a lot better for Ware than the ones they have doing it now. I used to love the pregame's and now there's not one worth watching. They're all in a contest to see who can be the most annoying.

What's next, they going to start giving tryouts to professional broadcasters to be players? The best people in the booths are not the ex players.

Aikman is really good

#31 Luminator

Luminator

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:36 PM

I can only imagine that it may not be very easy for you to get a kitchen pass. Either that or you are one very lonely human.

#32 InTheZone

InTheZone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

Damn a life sentence tho lol. Slap her on the tush and tell her dont do that no more.

Just saying, the dude accused of this will always have shadow that impacting his life while falsely accusing has no repercussions. It's almost as bad as lying witnesses/victims that help lock up innocent people for decades, that shouldn't be tolerated. Again I'm not taking g sides as I never do just my thoughts on part of the matter

Lol I said nothing like that

#33 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

He is the main reason I don't watch NFLN, Sanders being the other one. Irvin is too amateur, homer and clownish for the national stage. If he wants to play that homer act, play it at home. Same reason I will not watch ESPN with Woodson, especially when he's doing his John Houseman imitation that that interior decorator ascot.... what a tool.

Of all the talking heads on the pregames, the two best to me are Matt Hasselbeck and Kurt Warner and I wish they were on the same show. CBS is like watching a clinical trial on tranquilizers.

I am a fan without a pregame show and not happy about that. I really used to like them, even going back to Musburger, Phyllis George and Jimmy the Greek pimping the Vegas spreads. My wife hated that I liked watching Phyllis George as I made too many comments. I said one time "hey, she looks pretty damned good for just having a baby" to which my wife replied '"bittch does sit ups with donuts in the her mouth". I kept any favorable comments about Phyllis to myself from there on.

Musburger is such a goofball. Were you watching the Bama game when the camera was on AJ McCarron's fiancee? I was rolling in the floor and the first thing that came to mind was those guys in "Porky's" looking at the chicks in the shower. The cameraman was having a ball too because he went back to her and Musburger went nuts again telling all the young guys in the audience to be QB's.

People like irvin and woodson are what networks pay for now. I get irvin but primetime is pretty decent. I can even tolerate aikman who imo just itches to let his fandom out. I believe last year was the most aikmen enjoyed the cowboys in a while.

I do agree about kurt and matt being good at what they do. I also find watching cbs bad even when an nfc east team is playing someone.

I dont know how serious you want a pre game show to be but its kinda been what it was for while now. Maybe its just me but i enjoy the goofiness that is broung. I enjoy getting up early sundays to a good chuckle.

I didnt catch the bama game situation but i will say that you broung the situation about the phyllis comment on yourself. No way would my wife let me get away with that one lol.

The only compliments passed in my house belong to the wifey and she makes sure of it lol.

Either you were clueless or just trying the misses.
Yes id like to order my Cowboy Blinders please...Heavy on the tent...how much you say?

#34 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

You're off your rocker. Is your name Jack? Jack off everybody. Jack off. Look out for Jack. He's off. Jack is off his rocker.

#35 Geno T

Geno T

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationAustin TX, Branson MO, Cape Cod MA, SoCal, Belgium, various points beyond

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

I agree and once a person has any kind of history, even by rumor, of that sort of thing, the public convicts without hearing all of the evidence.

Could not happen at a worse time with the NFLN ratings down considerably and the league 8% down overall but worse on NFLN and ESPN than the others, although CBS was in bad shape.  Irvin could be guilty of nothing more than poor judgement being in a compromising position and NFLN needs a sacrifice to the ad agencies.  He sure doesn't need to give them an excuse.  Last time he did that, ESPN jumped on it.

Not only that, Coach, but since the gold-diggers ALSO know Irvin has a history of charges, it would stand to reason that he'd be easier to frame than some squeaky-clean kinda guy.

"Is that Johnnie Walker Blue you're drinking?"

Unknown_zpsi2ck1etq.jpeg

"The only stat that matters is the final score." — Bobby Layne

#36 jay94

jay94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

Hell NO,  women abuse this, they cry about all the double standards in life, but definitely use this one to their absolute maximum advantage. 

#37 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

And the same for you know who er uh um Jerry's kid

Calm yourself, big guy. When that feeling hits you just chant "Daks in charge". Eat mor bacon.

Don't know if I want to be a member of a forum, that would have me as a member

#38 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:53 PM

Hell NO,  women abuse this, they cry about all the double standards in life, but definitely use this one to their absolute maximum advantage. 

I did that once. I get out of traction tomorrow. Don't hit women on the tush. It's like pouring water on a gremlin.

Don't know if I want to be a member of a forum, that would have me as a member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users