#1 dubbleog

dubbleog

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:28 AM

I find it highly amusing and somewhat shocking to read all the doubts and " wait & see" opinions of all of our draft picks and some second year players. And I agree with that analysis for the most part. But for the life of me I cannot understand why many of you all have already anointed Ryan Switzer without seeing him catch one ball in the NFL. Some of you are all but guaranteeing him a spot in Canton next to Cole Beasley. Who by the way had one decent season himself. Not a stellar season by any means. But just decent. Can somebody, anybody please explain to me what makes these two men so special that they avoid the criticism and skepticism that you place upon many of the other players? What's this all about??? I think I know why. You guys are ridiculous.
  • betterinpinkorblue likes this

#2 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,246 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:34 AM

They see the Pats success with two short WRs and they think the Cowboys can copy that. I am not holding my breath on this I already seen the Cowboys fail to copy the two TE system.
Nobody owes you anything life is what you make of it.

#3 jmunzz1116

jmunzz1116

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:38 AM

Dumb thread but hey what do I know? I thought it was gonna be something totally different then you go on a tirade about Switzer**** you spelled his name wrong by the way. 

#4 dubbleog

dubbleog

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:42 AM

They see the Pats success with two short WRs and they think the Cowboys can copy that. I am not holding my breath on this I already seen the Cowboys fail to copy the two TE system.

I get that. But why aren't they being held to the same standards and requirements as the fans place upon every one else? I'm just saying, we draft players with high picks and grades and the fan base still doubts and questions them with a "wait and see approach" that is factual and understandable. Second year players who've done well must be consistent yearly to be respected because as many fans say "could be a flash in the pan"... I just wanna know what's so special about these two men..

#5 dubbleog

dubbleog

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:44 AM

Dumb thread but hey what do I know? I thought it was gonna be something totally different then you go on a tirade about Switzer**** you spelled his name wrong by the way.

If it's such a dumb thread. Then you explain this phenomenon smart arse!!!

#6 Silhouette

Silhouette

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:52 AM

I'm not putting Beasley and Switzer in Canton but I am putting them both in the lineup to create mismatches. And I look forward to the juice that Switzer can provide in the return game. Now that's a far cry from Canton but it may be good enough for Minneapolis :-)

#7 dubbleog

dubbleog

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:54 AM

I'm not putting Beasley and Switzer in Canton but I am putting them both in the lineup to create mismatches. And I look forward to the juice that Switzer can provide in the return game. Now that's a far cry from Canton but it may be good enough for Minneapolis :-)

And you're positively sure about this because????

#8 Silhouette

Silhouette

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:09 AM

because all rookies are "not" created equal!!!! :-)

#9 dubbleog

dubbleog

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:11 AM

because all rookies are "not" created equal!!!! :-)

Please elaborate.

#10 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,246 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:49 AM

I get that. But why aren't they being held to the same standards and requirements as the fans place upon every one else? I'm just saying, we draft players with high picks and grades and the fan base still doubts and questions them with a "wait and see approach" that is factual and understandable. Second year players who've done well must be consistent yearly to be respected because as many fans say "could be a flash in the pan"... I just wanna know what's so special about these two men..

I put every rookie on a 3 year show me plan I believe it is the only way to truly grade. Just like some like to give grades right after the draft some like to anoint every rookie the next big thing. How many times have we heard about a 7th round pick being so great then he gets cut and never heard from again. Last year when the Cowboys cut the 6th round RB the way some reacted you would think they cut EE. I think Beasley has proven himself as a quality player. I think a lot of people like Beasley cause of his story he is short, not the fastest, from a small school, and undrafted.
  • Needmorerings likes this

#11 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,246 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:55 AM

I put every rookie on a 3 year show me plan I believe it is the only way to truly grade. Just like some like to give grades right after the draft some like to anoint every rookie the next big thing. How many times have we heard about a 7th round pick being so great then he gets cut and never heard from again. Last year when the Cowboys cut the 6th round RB the way some reacted you would think they cut EE. I think Beasley has proven himself as a quality player. I think a lot of people like Beasley cause of his story he is short, not the fastest, from a small school, and undrafted.

#12 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,440 posts
  • Locationlost

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

Cool an insult thread

• MaynardB likes this

jYUkRfj.jpg

#13 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 42,526 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

Beasely gets open and catches the ball.  

Switzer looks like a Wes Welker clone, who was only one of the most prolific pass catchers in NFL history.   And we now have the QB who can operate the short passing game, so I'm pretty giddy myself at the possibilities!!!!

• Silhouette and One Star like this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#14 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 42,526 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:44 AM

You never watch the Pats?     They create major mismatches w/ those little sharp route runners.   Guys are almost impossible to cover.     So, yes, I'm sure we have that type receiver on our roster.   Two of them now.   I'm fascinated by whether they play them together at times.  I think the Pats do so w/ Edelmann and Amendola.    

• Silhouette and One Star like this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#15 johnny23

johnny23

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:14 AM

Some guys have what they call "it".. Which Switzer does and he runs precise routes and makes clutch catches. Given the chance and responsibilities of being the guy at unc this past season with increased responsibilities he balled out and caught 90 balls for over a 1,000 yards with several clutch catches.

As you saw Beasley help the team together throughout the season. He had a career year and made several key plays to help us win games especially when Dez was out and he struggled until the Pittsburgh game to knock the ruSt off. There was Cole getting key first down after another.

Now we have two wr who are sure handed and run excellent routes. Who are both small but tough and crafty . Plus Switzer is a former running back who can shake and back and take a 5 yard hitch 60 to the house or split the seam for 60 to the house. As well as flipping field position with explosive punt returns.
  • Silhouette likes this

#16 Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,884 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

He's a Tarheel and that's the reason why!

Somebody want to talk about the "jump ball beast"......

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

________________________________________________________________________________________

SUPERBOWL_OR_BUST.jpg

#17 charleshaleyfan

charleshaleyfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

Of course we're ridiculous with our thoughts right now.  We are bored without football and have too much time on our hands right  now. lol

• kskboys and Needmorerings like this

#18 charleshaleyfan

charleshaleyfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

I personally wish we had signed Blount.  He's a beast and would have been the final killing blow on our O with all the additions we made.  Nobody would have wanted to face our O.  He would have been perfect for us.  But now we are going to have face him twice a year.

#19 dubbleog

dubbleog

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

Beasely gets open and catches the ball.

Switzer looks like a Wes Welker clone, who was only one of the most prolific pass catchers in NFL history. And we now have the QB who can operate the short passing game, so I'm pretty giddy myself at the possibilities!!!!

You never watch the Pats? They create major mismatches w/ those little sharp route runners. Guys are almost impossible to cover. So, yes, I'm sure we have that type receiver on our roster. Two of them now. I'm fascinated by whether they play them together at times. I think the Pats do so w/ Edelmann and Amendola.

Some guys have what they call "it".. Which Switzer does and he runs precise routes and makes clutch catches. Given the chance and responsibilities of being the guy at unc this past season with increased responsibilities he balled out and caught 90 balls for over a 1,000 yards with several clutch catches.

As you saw Beasley help the team together throughout the season. He had a career year and made several key plays to help us win games especially when Dez was out and he struggled until the Pittsburgh game to knock the ruSt off. There was Cole getting key first down after another.

Now we have two wr who are sure handed and run excellent routes. Who are both small but tough and crafty . Plus Switzer is a former running back who can shake and back and take a 5 yard hitch 60 to the house or split the seam for 60 to the house. As well as flipping field position with explosive punt returns.

So... What you all are saying is that Cole has proven himself to be a consistent force and one of the league's best WRs and Switzer doesn't have to prove himself on an NFL field like everyone else because he dominated the NCAA so much he's a can't miss prospect? Wow!!! Those are some bold statements and lofty expectations!!! Got it! 👍🏾Lol 😂

#20 DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, North Carolina

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

I think people are anointing Switzer because they see what Cole brings to the team and they see that Switzer is entering the nfl not only as a clone of Cole but already close to where Cole is now.

So they're basically saying "one Cole does great things for us, two should be amazing". Then you add in Ryan's ST resume and it's hard not to be excited.

I also disagree with the premise that Cole only had a decent year. That might be true in terms of stats but you can't watch a game without seeing how much more dynamic he makes the offense. Cole makes things better for everyone
  • kskboys and beware d-ware like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users