#1 DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, North Carolina

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:17 PM

So, I'm sitting in a coffee shop working on some projects. This coffee shop plays classic rock non-stop. Not just the same overplayed stuff you hear on the radio, but a pretty good sampling of songs off the albums too. 

Then, low and behold, here we go again. "Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?" Soon everyone is singing along, some under their breath, some louder. Bohemian Rhapsody strikes again.

I hate that song.

I liked it when I was younger, sure. But, after so many years of hearing it every other time I turn the radio to the classic rock station, so many years of everyone feeling the need to sing along at the top of their lungs. You'd think the song naturally increases the blood alcohol content of everyone in listening range, because when this song hits the air waves, it's drunk karaoke night.

What's your unpopular opinion?

Play nice, let's not dive into religion/politics/etc. Some people won't understand that if you're posting your opinion here, then you are acknowledging it is unpopular, meaning that there's no point in arguing about it. 

• gamewatcher and Needmorerings like this

#2 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,020 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:08 AM

...I just came off a forced vacation from the site, otherwise, I'd post what I think about that situation!... ;)

• bluesilver68 and Needmorerings like this

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE

#3 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,078 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:09 AM

So, is the idea here to express our own opinions about a subject we know most will disagree with, or are we supposed to comment on your scenario?

I'm thinking it's the former, in which case, I don't particularly care for James Bond.... especially the older, "karate chop to the shoulder" movies.
  • Needmorerings and MistyAnn like this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#4 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:29 AM

I remember when the neighbors would catch us kids acting up in the neighborhood. They would spank us then bring us home to get another spanking. So my unpopular opinion is bring back the good old days. It takes a village to raise a child.
  • kskboys, sulu1701 and Runwildboys like this

#5 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,078 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:37 AM

I remember when the neighbors would catch us kids acting up in the neighborhood. They would spank us then bring us home to get another spanking. So my unpopular opinion is bring back the good old days. It takes a village to raise a child.

At least to raise them into respectful, responsible, motivated adults.
  • bluesilver68 and sulu1701 like this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#6 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:55 AM

WOOOOOOO!  Runwildboys, FINALLY!  Someone else that agrees on the matter of James Bond.  Outside of the gadgets that I wished were on my car... 

Now thank you DasSchnitzel for this thread.  I'm willing to bet my opinions are going to be very unpopular.

I hate that utility vehicles became a phenomenon when the ridiculous description of "sport" was placed in front of it!  I further hate the dreaded over use of the initials S.U.V. .  It's a UTILITY VEHICLE!  A nice one, but it's still a utility vehicle.  Also, I can't see over, through or around them. 

( I had to delete at least 5 rants.)

#7 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:58 AM

The neighbors didn't whip me but squealed on me to incur my parents wrath.  I remember daddy would stand in the middle of the living room with his belt.  I'd run in circles around him until he was too dizzy to stand.  He'd fall down in a chair and bark "I hope you learned your lesson!" to which I'd say "yes sir" and think I need to practice running in circles faster.

#8 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,078 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:00 AM

WOOOOOOO! Runwildboys, FINALLY! Someone else that agrees on the matter of James Bond. Outside of the gadgets that I wished were on my car...

Now thank you DasSchnitzel for this thread. I'm willing to bet my opinions are going to be very unpopular.

I hate that utility vehicles became a phenomenon when the ridiculous description of "sport" was placed in front of it! I further hate the dreaded over use of the initials S.U.V. . It's a UTILITY VEHICLE! A nice one, but it's still a utility vehicle. Also, I can't see over, through or around them.

( I had to delete at least 5 rants.)

Along the same lines, I hate that EVERY car manufacturer had to jump on the SUV train. Does BMW really need to sell 4WD vehicles? Does Lincoln REALLY need to sell pickup trucks??
  • Needmorerings likes this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#9 DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:01 AM

So, is the idea here to express our own opinions about a subject we know most will disagree with, or are we supposed to comment on your scenario?

I'm thinking it's the former, in which case, I don't particularly care for James Bond.... especially the older, "karate chop to the shoulder" movies.

Correct. Hit us with your own unpopular opinion.

#10 DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:09 AM

WOOOOOOO! Runwildboys, FINALLY! Someone else that agrees on the matter of James Bond. Outside of the gadgets that I wished were on my car...

Now thank you DasSchnitzel for this thread. I'm willing to bet my opinions are going to be very unpopular.

I hate that utility vehicles became a phenomenon when the ridiculous description of "sport" was placed in front of it! I further hate the dreaded over use of the initials S.U.V. . It's a UTILITY VEHICLE! A nice one, but it's still a utility vehicle. Also, I can't see over, through or around them.

That's more of a pet peeve than an unpopular opinion, isn't it?

An unpopular opinion is something that everyone seems to disagree on; I'd wager most don't care about the 'S' in "SUV". :P

But everyone seems to like James Bond and Bohemian Rhapsody.

#11 NateDizzle

NateDizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • LocationChillin at the EBDBBnB

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:21 AM

The Godfather was boring as hell and I hated every one of them.

Fight me.
  • kskboys, emmittstaubach, bluesilver68 and 3 others like this

#12 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,078 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:27 AM

Fight me.

With you...and may I add Reservoir Dogs as well.
  • NateDizzle likes this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#13 cwbyfan88

cwbyfan88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,068 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:39 AM

Have you driven the latest sports utility vehicles? Gosh they are quick and the handling. Amazing. Turns on a dime. I absolutely love my wife's Santa Fe

I have to respectfully disagree. Those were comedy gold!!
  • Runwildboys likes this

#14 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 25,227 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:56 AM

Fight me.

I agree. Also, Titanic SUCKED!
  • kskboys and NateDizzle like this

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#15 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,078 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:05 AM

Have you driven the latest sports utility vehicles? Gosh they are quick and the handling. Amazing. Turns on a dime. I absolutely love my wife's Santa Fe

I have to respectfully disagree. Those were comedy gold!!

I loved the scene in Cannonball Run..."I must warn you, I'm Roger Moore."
  • Deathmonkey, cwbyfan88 and sulu1701 like this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#16 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:07 AM

I agree. Also, Titanic SUCKED!

Wow. One of the greatest romantic films of this era. But then I watched it with my wife. One of our favorites.
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#17 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:10 AM

That's more of a pet peeve than an unpopular opinion, isn't it?

An unpopular opinion is something that everyone seems to disagree on; I'd wager most don't care about the 'S' in "SUV". :P

But everyone seems to like James Bond and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Not a fan of Queen but 007 is one of my favorites. Seen everyone at the theatre beginning in the 60's. Although Roger Moore was my least favorite Bond.
  • sulu1701 likes this
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#18 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:13 AM

Fight me.

Another shocker. I've watched it so many times I'm embarrassed to say. Maybe the greatest film in the second half of the 20th Century.

#19 DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:04 AM

Fight me.

Gasp!

You'll wake up tomorrow with a horse head in your bed...

Also, another unpopular opinion:
Stephen King is a terrible author.

I think he has loads of great story ideas. I think in terms of creative ability, he's pretty far up the list of modern authors. I think his execution of those ideas is just terrible. I read 75% of the Dark Tower series and then just hated it so much that I couldn't go on, but I had to know how it ended, and so I googled it. I'm so glad I didn't invest the time to finish abd come to that ending. Just thinking about this series makes me angry because it was such a time investment and such a letdown.

Stranger Things is a great show because it's based off of King's creative ideas but written by people that know what the heck they're doing.
  • Navy blue likes this

#20 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,078 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:06 AM

Wow. One of the greatest romantic films of this era. But then I watched it with my wife. One of our favorites.

I've never seen it.  I refuse to watch it, simply on the grounds that they made a love story out of one of the worst tragedies in history...........and the fact that I don't care for DiCaprio.........and despise Celine Dion.  If I were to watch the movie, I'm sure I could name many more things that I hate about it.  lol

Not a fan of Queen but 007 is one of my favorites. Seen everyone at the theatre beginning in the 60's. Although Roger Moore was my least favorite Bond.

Queen was incredible, and Freddie Mercury was the greatest front man to ever take the stage, IMO....but I do understand the point that Bohemian Rhapsody is overplayed.

• Howard C and Needmorerings like this

wOZF2v4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users