#41 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,093 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

. Nope. Can't stand to listen to them and wonder how hey are held in such high regard. I think they are slightly less annoying than nails on a chalkboard.

I don't really care much for their early stuff, but the more psychedelic albums are brilliant, and if not for them, there'd be so much less great music out there, because so many artists were profoundly influenced by them.
  • Needmorerings likes this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#42 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,093 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

scara moosh scara moosh can you do the fandango!! Thunder bolt and lightening very very frightening. Shall I continue :D. And no one has Freddy's voice or plays like Brian May... sorry

There's a thread somewhere here in Fireside Chat where several of us posted the whole song, one or two lines at a time.

wOZF2v4.jpg

#43 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

. Nope. Can't stand to listen to them and wonder how hey are held in such high regard. I think they are slightly less annoying than nails on a chalkboard.

I take it you didn't first start listening to them in the 60's?
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#44 cwbyfan88

cwbyfan88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,075 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

The Beatles suck.

Second that

#45 cwbyfan88

cwbyfan88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,075 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

Correction... the Beatles early stuff sucked. Their music was brilliant after Sargent Peppers and the White Album and Abbey Road were amazing. They were ground breaking and changed pop and culture. Kiss sucked, Platinum Blonde sucked, Duran Duran sucked, Motley Crue sucked, Bon Jovi, Van Halen sucked (except for Eddie) but the Beetles did not suck. Britt rock rules

I guess I'm too young to have enjoyed it. Doesn't appeal to me. I'm more into daughtry. Bon jovi. Three days Grace. Nickelback. TFK. Skillet.

#46 DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, North Carolina

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

Correction... the Beatles early stuff sucked. Their music was brilliant after Sargent Peppers and the White Album and Abbey Road were amazing. They were ground breaking and changed pop and culture. Kiss sucked, Platinum Blonde sucked, Duran Duran sucked, Motley Crue sucked, Bon Jovi, Van Halen sucked (except for Eddie) but the Beetles did not suck. Britt rock rules

Is that list of bands your unpopular opinion? Because I love Van Halen!

#47 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

I guess I'm too young to have enjoyed it. Doesn't appeal to me. I'm more into daughtry. Bon jovi. Three days Grace. Nickelback. TFK. Skillet.

Beatles are not by far my favorite band but if you were tuned it to the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 they had a huge influence in our lives.

If you listen to most of the great bands that came out of the 60's they give the Beatles credit for their influence and impact into them starting a band.

19 or 20 #1 songs is still a record I believe . Lennon and McCartney are considered to be the greatest song writers of our time. It was over so soon in 1970. But their music has stood the test of time.
  • cwbyfan88 and Needmorerings like this
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#48 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,093 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:46 PM

Correction... the Beatles early stuff sucked. Their music was brilliant after Sargent Peppers and the White Album and Abbey Road were amazing. They were ground breaking and changed pop and culture. Kiss sucked, Platinum Blonde sucked, Duran Duran sucked, Motley Crue sucked, Bon Jovi, Van Halen sucked (except for Eddie)  but the Beetles did not suck. Britt rock rules

Whoa...Whoa...WHOA!!!!!!  You started off with me in your back pocket, but Van Halen??? I love both versions of the band. (I don't even count the Gary Sharone incident....Never happened!)

wOZF2v4.jpg

#49 DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, North Carolina

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:51 AM

Whoa...Whoa...WHOA!!!!!! You started off with me in your back pocket, but Van Halen??? I love both versions of the band. (I don't even count the Gary Sharone incident....Never happened!)

I saw them live a couple years back. Eddie Van Halen can still lay it down.

At one point, they cleared the stage and turned off all the lights except one spotlight in the middle, and Eddie just played for 15 minutes. Everyone just sat quietly and listened until he paused, and when he paused the place would erupt. Then he'd start playing again and everyone would go dead silent. Practically had everyone hypnotized.

One of the rare moments where you have no doubts that you are watching one of the greatest ever at something do that something.

Hendrix, Page, Van Halen, Clapton, SRV, in no particular order, are the greatest guitarists of all time in my mind.
  • Runwildboys and MistyAnn like this

#50 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,093 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:07 AM

I saw them live a couple years back. Eddie Van Halen can still lay it down.

At one point, they cleared the stage and turned off all the lights except one spotlight in the middle, and Eddie just played for 15 minutes. Everyone just sat quietly and listened until he paused, and when he paused the place would erupt. Then he'd start playing again and everyone would go dead silent. Practically had everyone hypnotized.

One of the rare moments where you have no doubts that you are watching one of the greatest ever at something do that something.

Hendrix, Page, Van Halen, Clapton, SRV, in no particular order, are the greatest guitarists of all time in my mind.

I'm with you, though SRV is definitely my favorite. If you've ever listened to Blues at Sunrise with Albert King, you might understand why.

wOZF2v4.jpg

#51 Navy blue

Navy blue

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:33 AM

I can't stand sixties or most of nineties
Rock.
Although I like the x files I think it was/is overrated.the plot often seemed poorly conceived at times and the shows pacing often dragged.also mulder and Scully often got on my nerves. Also
I feel the show lost was overrated. I lost interest at the start of the second season

#52 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,093 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:40 AM

I can't stand sixties or most of nineties
Rock.
Although I like the x files I think it was/is overrated.the plot often seemed poorly conceived at times and the shows pacing often dragged.also mulder and Scully often got on my nerves. Also
I feel the show lost was overrated. I lost interest at the start of the second season

I liked the first few seasons of Lost, but when it started going downhill I was too invested to stop watching........Plus Evangeline Lily........but the series finale is possibly the worst POS ever written.

• Navy blue likes this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#53 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,704 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:46 AM

Here's one that I'll prolly get creamed for:

I don't care for Saturday Night Live.  

I know, I know, but I think it's sorta mundane.    Always had to try to laugh when I watched it.   

• heathgs, Howard C, Needmorerings and 1 other like this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#54 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,093 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:58 AM

I know, I know, but I think it's sorta mundane.    Always had to try to laugh when I watched it.   

It's hit or miss, depending on the cast. The original cast will probably always be the best, but Eddie Murphy and his era was usually very good.

wOZF2v4.jpg

#55 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 25,231 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:42 AM

I know, I know, but I think it's sorta mundane. Always had to try to laugh when I watched it.

Mixed bag, IMHO. Tons of great comedians and great musical acts, and also some really funny skits, but also tons of crap. Any show, however, that gives us Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Will Ferrell, Phil Hartman, Billy Crystal, Eddie Murphy, etc. gets my thumbs up!

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#56 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,704 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:05 AM

I was never home on Sat night.   I was always out dancin' and carousin'. 

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#57 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,886 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:39 AM

Roger Moore is a stud!! Daniel Craig is my least favorite bond

Pierce Brosnan?

What era?  All of them?  

#58 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:26 PM

I know, I know, but I think it's sorta mundane. Always had to try to laugh when I watched it.

There have been times when SNL is simply not funny. It mostly attacks current events which depending on your stance on the issues probably find it less humorous.

I think mostly the humor over the years is more character driven like with the original classic personalities and additions throughout the years serving as a springboard for greater careers.

Thankfully with DVR I can skim thru it now as the show is known for going thru long droughts of poor material.

#59 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

I'm finally getting the jest of this thread " unpopular opinions".

I've never read a comic book.

I've never watched Star Wars or Harry Potter.

I've never played Madden , X Box or any video games.

I've never played Fantasy Football.

I've never had an Energy drink.
  • kskboys and MistyAnn like this

#60 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,093 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

I'm finally getting the jest of this thread " unpopular opinions".

I've never read a comic book.

I've never watched Star Wars or Harry Potter.

I've never played Madden , X Box or any video games.

I've never played Fantasy Football.

I've never had an Energy drink.

I don't think you are. You simply told us things you've never done, rather than express an opinion most would disagree with.   :) 

• heathgs and THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY like this

wOZF2v4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users