2 replies to this topic

#1 BCKBmommy1

BCKBmommy1

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:40 AM

My husband, my parents, and I will be bringing my son to his first Cowboys game (10/8 against Green Bay) for his 7th birthday! My husband was born in Lubbock and has always been a Dallas fan. My son watched every game last year and cried when Dallas lost the playoff game. Needless to say this is the perfect surprise birthday present for a 7 year old!!

Here are my questions:

1. Any ideas on how to tell him that we will be going to a game. Hoping to arrive late Friday night or early Saturday morning. (We live outside of Memphis, TN so there will  be several signs along the way)

2. What are the kid friendly pre-game events? We've looked at the Bill Bates Tailgate but not sure its family friendly.

3. Best company to go though to meet players, tour the stadium, and experience the first Dallas game. Don't need tickets since we already have them.

4. Any cool places for a 7 year old boy to have a birthday dinner?

5. Any other Cowboy related places we should visit?

• MistyAnn and thestar4ever like this

#2 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,441 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

My husband, my parents, and I will be bringing my son to his first Cowboys game (10/8 against Green Bay) for his 7th birthday! My husband was born in Lubbock and has always been a Dallas fan. My son watched every game last year and cried when Dallas lost the playoff game. Needless to say this is the perfect surprise birthday present for a 7 year old!!

Here are my questions:

1. Any ideas on how to tell him that we will be going to a game. Hoping to arrive late Friday night or early Saturday morning. (We live outside of Memphis, TN so there will  be several signs along the way)

2. What are the kid friendly pre-game events? We've looked at the Bill Bates Tailgate but not sure its family friendly.

3. Best company to go though to meet players, tour the stadium, and experience the first Dallas game. Don't need tickets since we already have them.

4. Any cool places for a 7 year old boy to have a birthday dinner?

5. Any other Cowboy related places we should visit?

I'm not the best to answer most of this, but since you haven't gotten any responses I'll give you the benefit of my small amount of knowledge.

Stadium tours are handled at the stadium.  You can do either a guided tour or a self-guided tour.   There is a price difference, as you can imagine, but you have access to a lot more of the stadium on the guided tour.    I can give a little more detail if you want.   I imagine there may be restrictions if you try to do tours on game days though as players may be in the locker room and preparations may be going on.   I would advise doing the tour the day before or after the game.  

I can't think of a particularly cool dinner place in Arlington for a 7 year old, but in Dallas the Magic Time Machine might be something to check out.   Waitstaff are all cartoon or movie characters that kids interact with, but it's not a cheap kids food place, its a pretty quality restaurant.    I'm not sure, exactly, but it may be a 30-40 minute drive from Arlington, depending on traffic. 

As for Cowboy related places, there is the new team headquarters and practice facility (The Star) in Frisco, which is North of Dallas.  I haven't been to it, but I've seen pictures.  It's pretty phenomenal for a practice facility and includes a 12,000 seat indoor stadium that the Frisco ISD can use.    Also shops and dining I believe. 

Other fun for a 7 year old is 6 Flags amusement park and Hurricane Harbor water park, which are both in Arlington very close to the football stadium.

• thestar4ever likes this

#3 NDrewCowboyFan

NDrewCowboyFan

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:04 AM

If he is going to make you crazy wait until the week you are getting ready to leave.  I would wrap a football with a note inside saying "pack your bags we are going to the game!"

I would arrive on Friday.  You won't have time to do much if you arrive on Saturday.  

There is a Rally Day on October 7th before your game at the stadium.  NOT expensive and LOTS of stuff to do with the kids including a self guided stadium tour.  Locker rooms are open etc.  It is not expensive and they have bouncy house/climbing stuff on the field for the kids, you can tour the stadium, alumni meet and greet etc.  VERY kid friendly.  You can buy tickets now in advance through Ticketmaster.

Rally Days & Postgame Rallies Include:

• A Self-Guided Tour

• VIP Tour options are available

• Dallas Cowboys Alumni, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders & Rowdy Appearances

• On-field games and activities for the whole family

Star Sports Tours.    They do a player meet and greet on Saturday, a tour of the stadium the day after the game and are straight up legit.  Their pre-game tailgate is very family friendly as well.  Charles Haley and Drew Pearson are frequently there and it is a short walk to the stadium from it.

There are NO stadium tours the day of the game do not even try.   

Cool places for birthday stuff:  Topgolf (multiple locations in Dallas) though I doubt you will have time with all the game stuff available that weekend.  See if you can tour the Star.  Tickets for that can also be purchased in advance.  

I would also send an email to the stadium staff letting them know the kidlet is celebrating their birthday at the game.  They may make an announcement or put it on the jumbo screen if they know your seats.  Only thing they can say is no but you don't know if you don't ask!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users