#1 Elmoblatch

Elmoblatch

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationAngola Farms

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

I was going for the Season tickets in the Hall of fame.  I was ready for the parking and club thing.  I was firing up the kids getting ready for the Cowboy life.  I had my outfits ready and even something for the wife.

Then I saw that pasted Garrett smile one more time.  I looked a Jerruh ready to drop a dime.  I saw the players party hardy and the weak program.  I couldn't look the other way anymore.  I is nothing but another scam.

I think I will save my money and just listen to my favorite old country band.

• GMO415, Relayer, Why Jerry??? and 2 others like this

#2 InTheZone

InTheZone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,797 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

Anyone seen the movie "Life", pretty good minus your typical dumb movie moments where smh moments allow the movie to be turned into a movie instead of being cut short 15 minutes into it.

#3 bleedblue1111

bleedblue1111

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • LocationArlington, Texas

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

Admit it..you found out there was a waiting list.
  • jay94, Needmorerings and My_Name_Is_Dallas like this

#4 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,736 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

It's ok some company bought those tickets you didn't want and they will give them out in the office or take clients from out of town to see a game.
  • bleedblue1111 likes this
Nobody owes you anything life is what you make of it.

#5 Howard C

Howard C

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationChapin, SC

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

What is this thread even about??

• Why Jerry???, jay94 and My_Name_Is_Dallas like this

0cornell.jpg?ssl=1

#6 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

Same.

#7 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,083 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

I was going for the Season tickets in the Hall of fame.  I was ready for the parking and club thing.  I was firing up the kids getting ready for the Cowboy life.  I had my outfits ready and even something for the wife.

Then I saw that pasted Garrett smile one more time.  I looked a Jerruh ready to drop a dime.  I saw the players party hardy and the weak program.  I couldn't look the other way anymore.  I is nothing but another scam.

It's not a scam, it is the NFL.  And as long as they're selling out, they'll keep raising prices.  It is not about prices; it is all about value.

It does not interest me but not because I think it is a scam, I think it is a major hassle to go to a game and I don't have to pay $9 for a beer or wait in line at the bathroom or wonder if my car appreciates me spending $75 for it to rest in the parking lot.

Then there's watching the game in HD and the Red Zone Channel and NFL Sunday Ticket and being able to scratch myself, anywhere I want for as long as I want, without trying to conceal it.  Even my dogs don't care.  I don't bust on them for licking themselves and they don't care if I scratch.

It all comes down to whether the entertainment value is a good return on the investment.  Wouldn't be to me but it is to a lot of people.  

• bleedblue1111, Godfather and Handyman065 like this

#8 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,083 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Country music vs going to football games.  I prefer neither and don't like that those are the only two choices.

• Needmorerings and Sonny like this

#9 TexasStadium33

TexasStadium33

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

It's not a scam, it is the NFL.  And as long as they're selling out, they'll keep raising prices.  It is not about prices; it is all about value.

It does not interest me but not because I think it is a scam, I think it is a major hassle to go to a game and I don't have to pay $9 for a beer or wait in line at the bathroom or wonder if my car appreciates me spending $75 for it to rest in the parking lot.

Then there's watching the game in HD and the Red Zone Channel and NFL Sunday Ticket and being able to scratch myself, anywhere I want for as long as I want, without trying to conceal it.  Even my dogs don't care.  I don't bust on them for licking themselves and they don't care if I scratch.

It all comes down to whether the entertainment value is a good return on the investment.  Wouldn't be to me but it is to a lot of people.  

Well, the thing is, they raise the prices on everything and anything related to entertainment. So, either way you're still paying, and that money eventually finds its way into the pockets of the greedy owners and the players. 

#10 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,070 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

It's not a scam, it is the NFL. And as long as they're selling out, they'll keep raising prices. It is not about prices; it is all about value.

Then there's watching the game in HD and the Red Zone Channel and NFL Sunday Ticket and being able to scratch myself, anywhere I want for as long as I want, without trying to conceal it. Even my dogs don't care. I don't bust on them for licking themselves and they don't care if I scratch.

It all comes down to whether the entertainment value is a good return on the investment. Wouldn't be to me but it is to a lot of people.

and most importantly, if the guy next to you is pissing you off, you can tell him to get the eff out!
  • bleedblue1111, Godfather and Needmorerings like this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#11 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Anyone seen the movie "Life", pretty good minus your typical dumb movie moments where smh moments allow the movie to be turned into a movie instead of being cut short 15 minutes into it.

You are in the wrong zone. If fact you're out of bounce. Get in the zone "AutoZone" yourself.

#12 Why Jerry???

Why Jerry???

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts

I too was going to buy season tickets until I realized I am 1600 miles away.  

• kskboys and Runwildboys like this

faq3.jpg

#13 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,070 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

You are in the wrong zone. If fact you're out of bounce. Get in the zone "AutoZone" yourself.

Drunk this early?

wOZF2v4.jpg

#14 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

Its about birds who actually tweet on twitter. You should check it out.
  • Godfather likes this
Yes id like to order my Cowboy Blinders please...Heavy on the tent...how much you say?

#15 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,083 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Well, the thing is, they raise the prices on everything and anything related to entertainment. So, either way you're still paying, and that money eventually finds its way into the pockets of the greedy owners and the players. 

That is fact but the destination of the money doesn't seem to be deterring enough because they keep raising the prices and selling out.

All Booger needs to do is get 1% of the available Metroplex population for his home games and he's set.  And corporate sales is very significant for all NFL teams.

In order for greed to thrive it must be fed.  As long as the fans keep lining up, they will feast on it.  They do not make a dime off me, not even for Sunday Ticket or Red Zone and I don't drink the beer from their sponsors but just because I don't like it.  But, if I am given the choice of doing business with one of their sponsors and it's a level playing field, I will choose the non sponsor and have for years.  I love football but I hate the NFL and everything about it.

• kskboys and Godfather like this

#16 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,709 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

That is fact but the destination of the money doesn't seem to be deterring enough because they keep raising the prices and selling out.

All Booger needs to do is get 1% of the available Metroplex population for his home games and he's set. And corporate sales is very significant for all NFL teams.

In order for greed to thrive it must be fed. As long as the fans keep lining up, they will feast on it. They do not make a dime off me, not even for Sunday Ticket or Red Zone and I don't drink the beer from their sponsors but just because I don't like it. But, if I am given the choice of doing business with one of their sponsors and it's a level playing field, I will choose the non sponsor and have for years. I love football but I hate the NFL and everything about it.

But they do.

#17 Why Jerry???

Why Jerry???

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

I think it is about the number 42.  

• kskboys likes this

faq3.jpg

#18 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

It's not a scam, it is the NFL. And as long as they're selling out, they'll keep raising prices. It is not about prices; it is all about value.

Then there's watching the game in HD and the Red Zone Channel and NFL Sunday Ticket and being able to scratch myself, anywhere I want for as long as I want, without trying to conceal it. Even my dogs don't care. I don't bust on them for licking themselves and they don't care if I scratch.

It all comes down to whether the entertainment value is a good return on the investment. Wouldn't be to me but it is to a lot of people.

Ahhhh the good ole american way.
Yes id like to order my Cowboy Blinders please...Heavy on the tent...how much you say?

#19 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,083 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

and most importantly, if the guy next to you is pissing you off, you can tell him to get the eff out!

Unless that is Otis and I ain't telling him anything.  I might ask him politely to clean his language up and think about the impressionable children because he is a role model.  And I can't get him off Bud Light and that's the NFL beer.  I've tried to get him on imports and craft beers but he just looks at me and says "traitor".  I don't want to get into an argument with him by letting him know his beer is owned by them damned furreners.

But they do.

How so?

#20 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,271 posts
  • Location714

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

I was going for the Season tickets in the Hall of fame. I was ready for the parking and club thing. I was firing up the kids getting ready for the Cowboy life. I had my outfits ready and even something for the wife.

Then I saw that pasted Garrett smile one more time. I looked a Jerruh ready to drop a dime. I saw the players party hardy and the weak program. I couldn't look the other way anymore. I is nothing but another scam.

Preseason games are a farce. Save the money for those games that count.

f304becd6fde9e4f7ffca8a3e9a5f484.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users