#21 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,709 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

How so?

You contribute to ratings by watching games. Not big being just one guy but your contribution is still bigger than the average fan because of the forum.

You help line Jerry's pockets by bringing site hits here. You're one of the most popular posters so it's not just your hits but the many who come to read your opinion or argue against you. There are lurkers who don't post who just enjoy reading as I assume many posters started out being. Remember Greg always posting here about boycotting Jerry? That always made me laugh because of the irony.

Opinions expressed here make it out into the real world. People read and share with friends and co-workers, which feeds the beast. We're deluding ourselves if we think as fans we're not contributing in some way.

#22 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,271 posts
  • Location714

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

CC generates revenue for DCs? Does he perform in a star g string?
  • kskboys likes this

f304becd6fde9e4f7ffca8a3e9a5f484.jpg

#23 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

Drunk this early?

I'm drunk off life, everyday, all the time.

#24 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,709 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

CC generates revenue for DCs?

Yes. We all do. Welcome to the internet.

Does he perform in a star g string?

Only on weekends and he's not cheap.

#25 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,083 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

You contribute to ratings by watching games. Not big being just one guy but your contribution is still bigger than the average fan because of the forum.

You help line Jerry's pockets by bringing site hits here. You're one of the most popular posters so it's not just your hits but the many who come to read your opinion or argue against you. There are lurkers who don't post who just enjoy reading as I assume many posters started out being. Remember Greg always posting here about boycotting Jerry? That always made me laugh because of the irony.

Opinions expressed here make it out into the real world. People read and share with friends and co-workers, which feeds the beast. We're deluding ourselves if we think as fans we're not contributing in some way.

OK, you're picking nits but you are right, I do contribute in an indirect fashion but as far as the ratings, I don't count because I don't participate and if I did, I am well out of that money demo 18-49 coveted by the ad agencies.  Their loss as I am wasting more money now that when I was 49.  I peaked with intelligence and resisting impulse items right about 50 and have been on the downhill slide ever since.

And as part of my protest, I watch the Red Zone Channel without commercials and when I do watch our games or those outside the Sunday lineups, I do not do business with their sponsors.  Even dumped ATT when they bought the stadium sponsorship, hate Miller Lite, Ford and wouldn't rob a Jared's jewelry store.  Now, if something I really do like becomes a sponsor,  like meat, then I will have to reconsider my position and my protest.  And my protest is going very well, thank you, I've got ATT right where I want them....suffer, bittch, suffer.

But you are right, we are indirectly supporting the team and the league and I am sure Booger's henchmen use my presence here as a hit to sell ads on his site so I am contributing but not on purpose.  And now that you'be pointed that out, I am going stealth and they'll be never know when I am here.  Just like me, sometimes I do not know I am here.  And if I am somewhere else, I hope I am getting in some mischief.

Ya gotta admit, there is something special about coming onto a man's web site, that he's paying to keep open, and throwing monkey poo at him.

• Godfather likes this

#26 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

TV makes more money for the NFL than ticket sales. ☆ I'd hate to go to one of the games, pay all that money, then they lose. ☆ The next time they win a SuperBowl I'll go to the celebratory parade. Thats enough for me.
  • Godfather likes this

#27 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,709 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

OK, you're picking nits but you are right, I do contribute in an indirect fashion but as far as the ratings, I don't count because I don't participate and if I did, I am well out of that money demo 18-49 coveted by the ad agencies. Their loss as I am wasting more money now that when I was 49. I peaked with intelligence and resisting impulse items right about 50 and have been on the downhill slide ever since.

And as part of my protest, I watch the Red Zone Channel without commercials and when I do watch our games or those outside the Sunday lineups, I do not do business with their sponsors. Even dumped ATT when they bought the stadium sponsorship, hate Miller Lite, Ford and wouldn't rob a Jared's jewelry store. Now, if something I really do like becomes a sponsor, like meat, then I will have to reconsider my position and my protest. And my protest is going very well, thank you, I've got ATT right where I want them....suffer, bittch, suffer.

But you are right, we are indirectly supporting the team and the league and I am sure Booger's henchmen use my presence here as a hit to sell ads on his site so I am contributing but not on purpose. And now that you'be pointed that out, I am going stealth and they'll be never know when I am here. Just like me, sometimes I do not know I am here. And if I am somewhere else, I hope I ma getting in some mischief.

Ya gotta admit, there is something special about coming onto a man's web site, that he's paying to keep open, and throwing monkey poo at him.

This isn't nit picking, it's economics.

Red Zone is a paid channel so you're actually contributing more than the guy who just watches on CBS/Fox. Negotiating with your provider and getting it free from them doesn't mean they're not sending a portion of your fees to pay for it anyway. Nothing is free.

Btw- he's not paying to keep this site open. It's making money for him. How many non-Texans know about Reliant now? Papa Johns is paying for it as well as this underwear company they're selling. You know this, CC. You think this media is that much different than radio?

#28 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,271 posts
  • Location714

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Yes. We all do. Welcome to the internet.

Only on weekends and he's not cheap.

Let's chip in and get a suite...we can afford him.
  • Haimerej and Godfather like this

f304becd6fde9e4f7ffca8a3e9a5f484.jpg

#29 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,709 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

Let's chip in and get a suite...we can afford him.

Greg usually pays. He's saved quite a bit of money with his boycott.
  • Runwildboys likes this

#30 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,083 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

This isn't nit picking, it's economics.

Red Zone is a paid channel so you're actually contributing more than the guy who just watches on CBS/Fox. Negotiating with your provider and getting it free from them doesn't mean they're not sending a portion of your fees to pay for it anyway. Nothing is free.

Btw- he's not paying to keep this site open. It's making money for him. How many non-Texans know about Reliant now? Papa Johns is paying for it as well as this underwear company they're selling. You know this, CC. You think this media is that much different than radio?

Aha!!  I don't pay for Sunday Ticket or Red Zone and have never paid for the RZC because I know the secret word that strikes fear into the heart of DirecTV...cable.  It is amazing what they'll do to keep people because keeping customers is so much easier and cheaper than acquiring new ones.  

It is interesting to see just how far one can go with some companies.  Every time my contract comes up, I threaten and they cut my bill, free ST and RZC and they'll usually throw something else in.  This year I am holding out for one of those new Japanese sex robots but I will point out, Sukori, yes, already named her, is just for companionship while watching DirecTV.  Will they capitulate?  Probably not but I learned a long time ago those who don't ask, don't get.

• Godfather likes this

#31 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

Then there's watching the game in HD and the Red Zone Channel and NFL Sunday Ticket and being able to scratch myself, anywhere I want for as long as I want, without trying to conceal it.  Even my dogs don't care.  I don't bust on them for licking themselves and they don't care if I scratch.

And THAT, boys and girls, is why Coach's cat drinks.

#32 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,709 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:57 PM

Aha!! I don't pay for Sunday Ticket or Red Zone and have never paid for the RZC because I know the secret word that strikes fear into the heart of DirecTV...cable. It is amazing what they'll do to keep people because keeping customers is so much easier and cheaper than acquiring new ones.

It is interesting to see just how far one can go with some companies. Every time my contract comes up, I threaten and they cut my bill, free ST and RZC and they'll usually throw something else in. This year I am holding out for one of those new Japanese sex robots but I will point out, Sukori, yes, already named her, is just for companionship while watching DirecTV. Will they capitulate? Probably not but I learned a long time ago those who don't ask, don't get.

Like I said-

Negotiating with your provider and getting it free from them doesn't mean they're not sending a portion of your fees to pay for it anyway. Nothing is free.

They're most likely just taking less money for themselves. NFL gonna get theirs.

#33 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,083 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

I'm drunk off life, everyday, all the time.

Too much of a hangover.

• Relayer likes this

#34 hadenough

hadenough

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDuval County

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:26 PM

I was going for the Season tickets in the Hall of fame.  I was ready for the parking and club thing.  I was firing up the kids getting ready for the Cowboy life.  I had my outfits ready and even something for the wife.

Then I saw that pasted Garrett smile one more time.  I looked a Jerruh ready to drop a dime.  I saw the players party hardy and the weak program.  I couldn't look the other way anymore.  I is nothing but another scam.

I think I will save my money and just listen to my favorite old country band.

I hear you! Just when you think the Cowboys are on the right track to make a move and get better they get derailed by players being suspended, no real home field advantage, bone headed play calling and a snake oil salesman of a GM.

#35 hadenough

hadenough

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDuval County

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

The funny thing about corporate buying those tickets is those people go to the game just socialize and say they went. They really could care less about the team itself.

#36 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,070 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:27 AM

Unless that is Otis and I ain't telling him anything.  I might ask him politely to clean his language up and think about the impressionable children because he is a role model.  And I can't get him off Bud Light and that's the NFL beer.  I've tried to get him on imports and craft beers but he just looks at me and says "traitor".  I don't want to get into an argument with him by letting him know his beer is owned by them damned furreners.

We've determined that cats can't read what's written in parentheses. Unfortunately, you can't speak in parentheses....unless cupping your hands at the sides of your mouth would work.

wOZF2v4.jpg

#37 Godfather

Godfather

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationRelocated To Stillers Country

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:34 AM

OK, you're picking nits but you are right, I do contribute in an indirect fashion but as far as the ratings, I don't count because I don't participate and if I did, I am well out of that money demo 18-49 coveted by the ad agencies.  Their loss as I am wasting more money now that when I was 49.  I peaked with intelligence and resisting impulse items right about 50 and have been on the downhill slide ever since.

And as part of my protest, I watch the Red Zone Channel without commercials and when I do watch our games or those outside the Sunday lineups, I do not do business with their sponsors.  Even dumped ATT when they bought the stadium sponsorship, hate Miller Lite, Ford and wouldn't rob a Jared's jewelry store.  Now, if something I really do like becomes a sponsor,  like meat, then I will have to reconsider my position and my protest.  And my protest is going very well, thank you, I've got ATT right where I want them....suffer, bittch, suffer.

But you are right, we are indirectly supporting the team and the league and I am sure Booger's henchmen use my presence here as a hit to sell ads on his site so I am contributing but not on purpose.  And now that you'be pointed that out, I am going stealth and they'll be never know when I am here.  Just like me, sometimes I do not know I am here.  And if I am somewhere else, I hope I am getting in some mischief.

There are sites online that, if you have the right kind of broadband, you can watch without commercials and not contribute to the money pool.  Considering my domain with a forum costs me about $12 a month I'm betting that Jerrah pays substantially less

Giants I hate how good the Cowboys look. I thought Jerry Jones sold his soul decades ago. After what I’ve seen from the Dallas rookies this season, I can only assume that he’s mortgaged the eternal lives of his children and grandchildren as well.sig_2.jpg

#38 Godfather

Godfather

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationRelocated To Stillers Country

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:43 AM

The funny thing about corporate buying those tickets is those people go to the game just socialize and say they went. They really could care less about the team itself.

They're the only ones that can afford them.  I seriously think they should make field level end zone seats about $20 per just so the fans that give a damn can get close and make noise.

• hadenough likes this

Giants I hate how good the Cowboys look. I thought Jerry Jones sold his soul decades ago. After what I’ve seen from the Dallas rookies this season, I can only assume that he’s mortgaged the eternal lives of his children and grandchildren as well.sig_2.jpg

#39 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:15 AM

They're the only ones that can afford them. I seriously think they should make field level end zone seats about $20 per just so the fans that give a damn can get close and make noise.

They have a $30, standing room only, section at AT&T stadium.
  • Godfather likes this

#40 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,083 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:01 AM

We've determined that cats can't read what's written in parentheses. Unfortunately, you can't speak in parentheses....unless cupping your hands at the sides of your mouth would work.

LMAO, haven't tried that but I did try thoughts with one of those little thought bubbles above my head but he played with it like a piece of string.  Shredded thoughts are only good for one thing..............sharing them with my fellow posters.

They have a $30, standing room only, section at AT&T stadium.

To hell with that, I'd pay them $40 to refuse to let me in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users