#42 hadenough

hadenough

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDuval County

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:27 AM

They have a $30, standing room only, section at AT&T stadium.

Hahahaha, never been to that stadium but I can only imagine they need oxygen.  The Cowboys homefield advantage is probably one of the worst in the league. They would almost be better off playing on the road.

#43 Sonny

Sonny

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationFloriduh

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

Then there's watching the game in HD and the Red Zone Channel and NFL Sunday Ticket...

I dumped DirecTv's Sunday Ticket for the first time since I moved away from DFW 17 years ago.  I couldn't bring myself to pay the ridiculous DTV amount to watch the Cowboys' 22nd consecutive losing season ("losing season" being any one in which they don't win a Super Bowl).  Seven or so games will be televised locally and if the Cowboys make the playoffs, then of course those games will be available.  I need a break from watching every Cowboys game all the time- tired of bad calls, bad coaching, too many commercials, game announcers who just won't shut up for five seconds during the game...

#44 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,680 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

I dumped DirecTv's Sunday Ticket for the first time since I moved away from DFW 17 years ago.  I couldn't bring myself to pay the ridiculous DTV amount to watch the Cowboys' 22nd consecutive losing season ("losing season" being any one in which they don't win a Super Bowl).  Seven or so games will be televised locally and if the Cowboys make the playoffs, then of course those games will be available.  I need a break from watching every Cowboys game all the time- tired of bad calls, bad coaching, too many commercials, game announcers who just won't shut up for five seconds during the game...

I'd buy the Sunday Ticket every year for a reasonable amount.    They've obviously overpriced it, since they're now giving it away.   AT&T gave it to me for free last season.     I'd pay around a hundred bucks every year, but it's just not worth the $250 they're asking.    Are people still paying that price? 

• Godfather likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#45 Godfather

Godfather

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationRelocated To Stillers Country

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

They have a $30, standing room only, section at AT&T stadium.

I'm aware of this considering I lived less than a mile from there for 2 years. I'm talking about down near the field.  I don't know what they charge in Cleveland but I always loved the Dawg Pound.  It always looked like a bunch of blue collar buddies out to watch 'their' team play.  I'd love to see something similar in AT&T instead of a bunch of millionaires or people who have mortgaged their house to watch a game live. 

Giants I hate how good the Cowboys look. I thought Jerry Jones sold his soul decades ago. After what I’ve seen from the Dallas rookies this season, I can only assume that he’s mortgaged the eternal lives of his children and grandchildren as well.sig_2.jpg

#46 Godfather

Godfather

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationRelocated To Stillers Country

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

Hahahaha, never been to that stadium but I can only imagine they need oxygen.  The Cowboys homefield advantage is probably one of the worst in the league. They would almost be better off playing on the road.

It's mid level just under those God awful windows in the end zone.  It's standing room only and, from what I hear, it's like being packed like a sardine.  Thus the reason I never bothered to give it a run.  I would have loved for Julie to experience an NFL game but not like that.  We did go to the stadium on draft day in 2015.  That was a fun afternoon.  Even got a pic of us on the star at midfield. 

I'd buy the Sunday Ticket every year for a reasonable amount.    They've obviously overpriced it, since they're now giving it away.   AT&T gave it to me for free last season.     I'd pay around a hundred bucks every year, but it's just not worth the $250 they're asking.    Are people still paying that price? 

*slaps head* that reminds me.  I need to get something done so I can watch the games this year.  Living in Pittsburgh certainly has its downside.

Giants I hate how good the Cowboys look. I thought Jerry Jones sold his soul decades ago. After what I’ve seen from the Dallas rookies this season, I can only assume that he’s mortgaged the eternal lives of his children and grandchildren as well.sig_2.jpg

#47 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,038 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:27 PM

You contribute to ratings by watching games. Not big being just one guy but your contribution is still bigger than the average fan because of the forum.

You help line Jerry's pockets by bringing site hits here. You're one of the most popular posters so it's not just your hits but the many who come to read your opinion or argue against you. There are lurkers who don't post who just enjoy reading as I assume many posters started out being. Remember Greg always posting here about boycotting Jerry? That always made me laugh because of the irony.

Opinions expressed here make it out into the real world. People read and share with friends and co-workers, which feeds the beast. We're deluding ourselves if we think as fans we're not contributing in some way.

True.

It is still a contribution but very remote in comparison to the thousands of dollars a year it once was.

A financial boycott doesn't have to consist of a total lack of contribution.

Ive always said.. do what you can and never called for a complete boycott as I even admitted myself I wouldn't totally walk away.

And yes, it does feed into the real world which was my initial motivation joining this forum.
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#48 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,680 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:29 AM

True.

It is still a contribution but very remote in comparison to the thousands of dollars a year it once was.

A financial boycott doesn't have to consist of a total lack of contribution.

Ive always said.. do what you can and never called for a complete boycott as I even admitted myself I wouldn't totally walk away.

And yes, it does feed into the real world which was my initial motivation joining this forum.

About the only way I'd even consider walking away is if they put all the games on PPV.   

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users