#1 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,545 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:33 AM

Okay, so this summer, the US is participating in the CONCANAF Gold Cup which is North Americaʻs (including Carribbean islands and French Guiana which is technically in South America) association football/footi/aka/socc, *whimpers* I spell the name out no more, tournament. So, how have we done so far? Dreadful so far by our standards for a country with World Cup aspirations again! Especially considering at least the bulk of the tournament is in the United States.

We drew with Panama 1-1. This is sort of expected as they are sort of a World Cup calIber country. Then, we BARELY squeak past Martinique 3-2 with a late goal. Whoʻs Martinique? Some French territory in the Carribean that canʻt even play in the World Cup! Completely embarrassing that we had that much trouble with Martinique! How are we going to match up with the likes of Brazil, Argentina, and, worse yet, Germany if we canʻt even dominate Martinique? Honestly, Iʻm glad we won, but I expected a more convincing win. Much less the fact that we gave up 2 goals to Martinique. Maybe Iʻm overreacting, but I have a dreadful feeling about the World Cup assuming we qualify. Iʻll of course support the US along with England, but this is not a good start to the Gold Cup.

I shall post more updates to this as the US progresses through the Gold Cup until either they win, or until they get eliminated.

New Character from a friend of mine:

me_wolf.jpg

#2 Verdammung

Verdammung

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:32 AM

I'm probably no where near as informed as you, but my viewpoint they subbed out 8 starters from the previous game. Seems to me they took into account the opponent difficulty and tried giving the younger players real playing time. That doesn't necessarily excuse them, but keep it in perspective.

I could be dead wrong though.

#3 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 72,545 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:03 AM

I'm probably no where near as informed as you, but my viewpoint they subbed out 8 starters from the previous game. Seems to me they took into account the opponent difficulty and tried giving the younger players real playing time. That doesn't necessarily excuse them, but keep it in perspective.

I could be dead wrong though.

Thatʻs probably true as Coach Arenas is using this tournament to find gems with young talent. So, we probably arenʻt seeing the full result. With that said, I do expect a far better result than 3-2 against a team that isnʻt even eligible for the World Cup. Thatʻs a bit pitiful in my view. Itʻs a win, but I expect better against a team like Martinique. To me, thatʻs a bit like having the Cowboys playing with mostly backups and barely squeezing past a high school team.

me_wolf.jpg

#4 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,879 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

This team is missing a lot of our best players.  Arena is using this tourney as a tryout for the WC team.

#5 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 72,545 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

This team is missing a lot of our best players. Arena is using this tourney as a tryout for the WC team.

Ok, that makes sense. Like I said earlier, maybe I was overreacting. I just was annoyed that we let in 2 goals to Martinique.

me_wolf.jpg

#6 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,879 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

Ok, that makes sense. Like I said earlier, maybe I was overreacting. I just was annoyed that we let in 2 goals to Martinique.

We have no depth.  So, anything less than our best 11 is going to be ugly. 

#7 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 72,545 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

We have no depth. So, anything less than our best 11 is going to be ugly.

Yeah, thatʻs true. I just hope we donʻt get put in a group with Germany and Chile.

me_wolf.jpg

#8 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,020 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

...Men have gold cups?!!...anyway I don't care!... B)

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE

#9 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 72,545 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

...Men have gold cups?!!...anyway I don't care!... B)

Lol, when it comes to the football in which you actually use your feet, yes along with European Cups and World Cups.

me_wolf.jpg

#10 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,879 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

Yeah, thatʻs true. I just hope we donʻt get put in a group with Germany and Chile.

Our best case scenerio is final 8.  Christian Pulisic is the best player this country has ever produced.  He is actually one of the best players in the world in his age group with legit star potential.   We go as he goes.

#11 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 72,545 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:42 AM

Our best case scenerio is final 8. Christian Pulisic is the best player this country has ever produced. He is actually one of the best players in the world in his age group with legit star potential. We go as he goes.

Yeah, I like Pulisic. Heʻs a good player. My biggest concern is our goalkeeper situation. Our best goalkeepers are Tim Howard whoʻs nearly as old as Tom Brady, and Brad Guzan.

me_wolf.jpg

#12 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 72,545 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:05 AM

USA 3 Nicaragua 0

Thatʻs more like it!!! I found the score online, but that score is much better!!

me_wolf.jpg

#13 Verdammung

Verdammung

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:18 AM

I have a theory, that when the entire El Salvador team behaves like scumbags, it's because they're coached to act like scumbags.

Also, we really need to learn how to 1) not pass it to our opponents and 2) how to not let forwards run through our backline like swiss cheese.

Anyways, USMNT advance to the semis and are coming to AT&T Stadium.

• Alpha Dak likes this

#14 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 72,545 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:46 AM

I have a theory, that when the entire El Salvador team behaves like scumbags, it's because they're coached to act like scumbags.

Also, we really need to learn how to 1) not pass it to our opponents and 2) how to not let forwards run through our backline like swiss cheese.

Anyways, USMNT advance to the semis and are coming to AT&T Stadium.

I donʻt have FS1 at the current hotel (currently on road trip), so I missed the game. Glad to see we won, but yeah, I saw in the group stages that we have a bad habit of turnovers.

me_wolf.jpg

#15 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 72,545 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

The US National Team is going to play in the Final against Jamaica. Letʻs see what happens.

me_wolf.jpg

#16 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 72,545 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

Team USA wins the Gold Cup 2-1 over Jamaica.
  • Verdammung likes this

me_wolf.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users