#1 COWBOYTOM

COWBOYTOM

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

Growing sense Ezekiel Elliott faces short suspension- Adam Schefter, ESPN!  So why does someone get suspended for a game, maybe two for allegations?  To this point nothing has been proven otherwise.  Was he not cleared by law enforcement?  I suppose that in the NFL everyone is guilty till proven innocent!   ESPN is FAKE News!  FSPN "Fake Sports Programming Network"  Ridiculous!

• Keithfansince5, krs1bro, 45yearCowboyFan and 2 others like this

TOM  :) 

#2 My_Name_Is_Dallas

My_Name_Is_Dallas

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

http://deadspin.com/...r-to-1786320742
  • Silhouette likes this

Jason-Witten-1600-1200.jpg

I think when the regular season starts everyone starts in the same place. #1 or #32 depending on your life outlook. (so #32 for you.)

#3 ItzKelz2

ItzKelz2

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,751 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

I hope Zeke sues the NFL if a suspension is given to him.  Even if he appeals and he misses no games.  IMO Zeke not only has to fight for his own reputation but for the reputation of others who may find themselves in a similar situation in the NFL.  This young lady asked witnesses to lie and then lied herself to law enforcement agents on legal documents.  I hate that Zeke will have to be the face of this fight against the NFL but someone needs to stand up against Goodell and his god like perception of himself.

• Capn b, unclepaul, TLAMGUY and 7 others like this

#ClearEyeView "A focused vision setting out on something that you have to be able to see it clear and a determined belief. You have to believe in yourself. You have to have self-belief, belief in God that you can accomplish what he wants you to accomplish. And then earned dreams: how bad do you want it, putting that work in."

DDnDriAUQAAUgNI.jpg

#4 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

I just hate this climate that we live in today. If you offend the sacred cow then its a witch hunt. 

• gamewatcher, wishbone33, silver_n_blue_82 and 1 other like this

#5 foofighters

foofighters

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

What's he getting suspended for?  Maybe for picking loser girlfriends.  She asked her friend to lie.  Case closed.  Domestic abuse is serious and a man should never hit a women.  Throw the book at him.  However, in this case, throw her ghetto "you know what" in jail.

• unclepaul and slvr&blu stars like this

#6 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,110 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

I hope Zeke sues the NFL if a suspension is given to him.  Even if he appeals and he misses no games.  IMO Zeke not only has to fight for his own reputation but for the reputation of others who may find themselves in a similar situation in the NFL.  This young lady asked witnesses to lie and then lied herself to law enforcement agents on legal documents.  I hate that Zeke will have to be the face of this fight against the NFL but someone needs to stand up against Goodell and his god like perception of himself.

I think once he signed on and joined the NFLPA, that option was gone.  Part of the CBA is well crafted by the suits to keep the NFL from getting sued by it's own employees.  I think his best move is to get the NFLPA involved in this because nothing has been proven.  They will have to run interference for him.

But then again, we have to ask ourselves this.  What is there about this that we are unaware of that would cause them to suspend him?  Isn't it in the best interest of the NFL to not suspend a rising young star on the most watched sports team on the planet?  Unless there is something they're afraid of popping up and bringing up another Ray Rice fiasco.

For this to have a dragged on for this amount of time, I am assuming there are things we don't know.

• oldschoolfan64 likes this

#7 My_Name_Is_Dallas

My_Name_Is_Dallas

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

Maybe, but I've also heard that the lead investigator is a giant giants fan, Mara is friends with Goodell, and the nfl is desperate to look tough on DV. Suspending Zeke for one game they probably feel is the 'best' of both worlds

Jason-Witten-1600-1200.jpg

I think when the regular season starts everyone starts in the same place. #1 or #32 depending on your life outlook. (so #32 for you.)

#8 NateDizzle

NateDizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • LocationChillin at the EBDBBnB

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

Maybe, but I've also heard that the lead investigator is a giant giants fan, Mara is friends with Goodell, and the nfl is desperate to look tough on DV. Suspending Zeke for one game they probably feel is the 'best' of both worlds

The idea that Goodell would take his ques from Mara is kind of far fetched when you consider that Kraft and Goodell used to be buddy-buddy as well. Goodell marches to Goodell's drum. Love him or hate him, agree or disagree with him, I don't think he's listening to anyone but the crazy, power-hungry little voices in his head. He reminds me of someone. Just can't put my finger on it...

• My_Name_Is_Dallas likes this

#9 Solidusgear

Solidusgear

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

This is BS, he shoulda been suspended a long time ago if this was a real deal type thing. I see no proof that he is guilty. Everything goes the way that she is a liar and crazy. 

• silver_n_blue_82 likes this

#10 Lane21Train

Lane21Train

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

Media to godell: what information was discovered leading to Zekes suspension

Godell: well I realized the cowboys play the giants week 1 so it was determined to be best for everyone Zeke be suspended during that time.
  • unclepaul, Alpha Dak, My_Name_Is_Dallas and 1 other like this

#11 Howard C

Howard C

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationChapin, SC

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

I miss read the title of the article at first... I thought that it said Zeke asked his GF to lie about what happened.

If this article is true WTF could they suspend him for??

0cornell.jpg?ssl=1

#12 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 25,239 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

The idea that Goodell would take his ques from Mara is kind of far fetched when you consider that Kraft and Goodell used to be buddy-buddy as well. Goodell marches to Goodell's drum. Love him or hate him, agree or disagree with him, I don't think he's listening to anyone but the crazy, power-hungry little voices in his head. He reminds me of someone. Just can't put my finger on it...

True, although I'd bet the farm that forces "sympathetic to the cause" have been lobbying discreetly to influence opinions. Conduct unbecoming would allow for suspension that would A)make the league look better concerning DV, and B)weaken the Cowboys enough for rivals to gain advantage (nudge nudge wink wink). Of course that second point appears speculative....
  • NateDizzle and My_Name_Is_Dallas like this

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#13 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 25,239 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

What would make me SCREAM with laughter? They suspend him that first game, and we cream them anyways! SUCK IT!
  • Capn b, wishbone33, jdman and 2 others like this

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#14 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,030 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

Z554ANL.jpg

• Needmorerings likes this

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE

#15 Miami_GiantsFan

Miami_GiantsFan

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

What would make me SCREAM with laughter? They suspend him that first game, and we cream them anyways! SUCK IT!

Can't wait to read all the whining about the Cowboys being 0-1 because of suspended players.

#16 Howard C

Howard C

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationChapin, SC

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Can't wait to read all the whining about the Cowboys being 0-1 because of suspended players.

We shall see...

0cornell.jpg?ssl=1

#17 Miami_GiantsFan

Miami_GiantsFan

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

But what happens when Morris and Dunbar light it up? Everyone knows Zeke is only good because of his O-line.
  • cowboyfan927 likes this

#18 Howard C

Howard C

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationChapin, SC

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

But what happens when Morris and Dunbar light it up? Everyone knows Zeke is only good because of his O-line.

Dunbar isn't even on the team anymore.

• kmills, kix and My_Name_Is_Dallas like this

0cornell.jpg?ssl=1

#19 Original fan since 1975

Original fan since 1975

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts
  • LocationThe Jersey Shore

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:35 PM

Yeah after all we know your guilty QB won't face any suspension right? I can't wait to hear all the Giants Fans

coming to reality that their wins last year were a farce

• slvr&blu stars likes this

#20 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,292 posts
  • Location714

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

There goes the season....

f304becd6fde9e4f7ffca8a3e9a5f484.jpg