#3741 Rawhide 74

Rawhide 74

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • Location15 miles from the Linc

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

Wars were fought savagely in the past.  If the descendants of the victors in those wars need to apologize and grovel in shame for savagely winning, then the descendants of the defeated also need to grovel and apologize for their ancestral savagery, too. 

I'm not proposing that anyone needs to apologize for the past.  But if that's the game people want to play, then let's play it fairly.  I can come up with all sorts of factual data on the barbarity of defeated peoples and why they "deserved" to be defeated...if people really want to go there.

But this is not really for forum for such a discussion.  I just am sick a tired of the cheap virtue signaling from some self-righteous forum members, as if America is uniquely at fault for the past where others are excused.

I'm no historian but I would sure like to see some factual data on why the Native Americans needed to be defeated and couldn't be coexisted with .    LOL

Anyway it would seem that the Native Americans have been able to move on from the injustices done to them by our government but the African Americans still seem very sensitive and seem to dwell on these past injustices .   I think they have to move past these atrocities rather than dwell on them and use it as an excuse for nonconforming behavior .

I believe a guy like Kap could be instrumental in helping them get past this horrible time in there history .   He obviously cares and has a voice just would like to see him use it in a more positive way.

I fully realize nothing is going to be perfect or please all races but there has to be a more positive way to get results than bash the greatest country in the world.

#3742 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:42 PM

The four horses of the apocalypse are money, guns, religion, and politics. Every war that was ever fought was fought to gain the upper hand in one of those four areas. So don't condemn the people condemn the situations. The world was giving to us and it was us who created those four things. We would not treat each other like crap if there were no money, no guns, no religion, and no politics. The most civilized acting people on the face of this planet are the people who don't even know how to read or write the language they speak. Kind of butt backwards right?

Let's say a slave owner in the South had 100 slaves. When the south lost the war he all of a sudden had 100 employees. They didnt fight because they hated blacks. The fought to save money. Why do you think blacks were enslaved in the first place. To save money.

Money. Guns. Politics. Religion. They'll kill us all one day.

#3743 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

Any how back to Zeke. Even if he misses six games I still expect him to gain over 1,200 yards on the season. That'll be better than Randle's total for 16 games.

#3744 capcomeback

capcomeback

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

I'm no historian but I would sure like to see some factual data on why the Native Americans needed to be defeated and couldn't be coexisted with .    LOL

Anyway it would seem that the Native Americans have been able to move on from the injustices done to them by our government but the African Americans still seem very sensitive and seem to dwell on these past injustices .   I think they have to move past these atrocities rather than dwell on them and use it as an excuse for nonconforming behavior .

I believe a guy like Kap could be instrumental in helping them get past this horrible time in there history .   He obviously cares and has a voice just would like to see him use it in a more positive way.

I fully realize nothing is going to be perfect or please all races but there has to be a more positive way to get results than bash the greatest country in the world.

I'm assuming you meant "their". Regardless, there is no "their" history. There is "our" history. There are a lot of social ills out there that need to be fixed (among them the few, but very loud minority of deputy dogs who shoot innocent folks because they look like guilty ones). We need to save the jingoistic rhetoric. This country may be great, but it is far from perfect. Let's stop worrying about symbols and start worrying about what those symbols are supposed to represent. As long as racism exists then we can't stop looking at the past to find answers for both the present and the future. That is what Kap was doing with his protest: Just trying to make America greater. The fact that he is the best unemployed QB out there and his unemployment might be a result of his stance is pretty sad. He is better than anyone on our roster not named Dak (and would be a better fit than Moore in our system).

#3745 capcomeback

capcomeback

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

Any how back to Zeke. Even if he misses six games I still expect him to gain over 1,200 yards on the season. That'll be better than Randle's total for 16 games.

That is possible. I'm hoping that Morris and McFadden can hold the fort 'til her returns.

#3746 glimmerman70

glimmerman70

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,043 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

That is possible. I'm hoping that Morris and McFadden can hold the fort 'til her returns.

Something tells me that he won't miss 6 games.

"Big Ben Sucks, says ES!"  ES is smart...

#3747 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,611 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

But Randle can broken field run through a department store with a bottle of cologne and some underwear better than Elliott.  Up until the point where he got caught.  I'm thinking he stopped for just another little dab of cologne and that's when they got him.

#3748 Handyman065

Handyman065

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

I'm assuming you meant "their". Regardless, there is no "their" history. There is "our" history. There are a lot of social ills out there that need to be fixed (among them the few, but very loud minority of deputy dogs who shoot innocent folks because they look like guilty ones). We need to save the jingoistic rhetoric. This country may be great, but it is far from perfect. Let's stop worrying about symbols and start worrying about what those symbols are supposed to represent. As long as racism exists then we can't stop looking at the past to find answers for both the present and the future. That is what Kap was doing with his protest: Just trying to make America greater. The fact that he is the best unemployed QB out there and his unemployment might be a result of his stance is pretty sad. He is better than anyone on our roster not named Dak (and would be a better fit than Moore in our system).

Racism, like poverty, will always exist.  It's simply part of the human condition.

19iyuo.jpg

#3749 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

But Randle can broken field run through a department store with a bottle of cologne and some underwear better than Elliott. Up until the point where he got caught. I'm thinking he stopped for just another little dab of cologne and that's when they got him.

If you get tackled by mall cops you're probably not going to make it as a runningback in the NFL. That's why he went crazy, he has to live with that memory.

#3750 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

Racism, like poverty, will always exist. It's simply part of the human condition.

The poverty part comes with money. As does unemployment and the crimes that come with unemployment. ☆ The world was originally segregated by Mother Nature. If everybody would have stayed where they belonged, there would be no racism. People moved from their original part of the world because of greed, aka money. But like I say don't condemn the people condemn the cause of the situations.

#3751 Dailey#29

Dailey#29

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

That's Just one of the most stupid post i've ever seen
  • Handyman065 likes this

#3752 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

That's Just one of the most stupid post i've ever seen

What. Every animal on the face of this Earth loves and survives without money. We don't need money to survive. We need food, water, shelter, clothing, etc. The pre- Colombus Native Americans had everything they needed to survive and guess what? They didn't have money. Get rid of cash money and go to a debit card system.

And do you think a Caucasian in Finland, who has never saw a black guy, hate black guys? No. Race is only a problem in countries that have a bunch of mix races. So there is no racism in China because they are all Chinese. Duh.

Less evolved species don't need money to survive so why do we?

#3753 capcomeback

capcomeback

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

Racism, like poverty, will always exist.  It's simply part of the human condition.

It may always exist, but with every new generation in this country, it gets better. As I said though, as long as it exists, we need to look back to help us find a better way of moving forward. Unchecked jingoism and flag worshiping isn't the answer. Neither is the naivete of people believing that the problems of 250 years of oppression is the primary issue protested by Kap. This is mainly about what a small percentage of people with badges are doing to people of color. They are giving a lot of hardworking, decent people in Law Enforcement a bad name, by being lazy and bad or young and stupid.

#3754 nyc-cowboy

nyc-cowboy

• Moderators
  • 5,134 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

WFT does all this have to do with football or EE...

Oh yeah it dont - closing and I suggest some here need to look at the rules again. 

• oldschoolfan64 and THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY like this

4441526995_3fc4a45b63.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users