#1421 betterinpinkorblue

betterinpinkorblue

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada

Posted Yesterday, 11:39 PM

hey EEEEZZZEEEE. Did ya hear the news? Lewis was acquitted. Damn I forgot that doesn't really apply to you. You were never charged with anything. Seems a few folks south of the mason dixon line have forgotten that eh. No worries, New York is north of the Mason Dixon

Dakology.... the study of QBs present

#1422 #1fanforever

#1fanforever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted Today, 12:07 AM

That doesn't work. You don't punish NFL players for stuff things they did before they were ever in the NFL, so how can you punish college kids who aren't even in the NFL yet? You would actually be treating the college kid worse because an NFL player who violates policy only gets a temporary punishment, whereas preventing a player from getting drafted at all might kill any chance at an NFL career. Bottom line is NFL teams should have the same ability as any other employer in the country to decide if they are willing to take some risks to get the most talented and capable employees.

There are other professions that prior police records can prevent you from employment in your desired or degreed field.

I'm not suggesting the NFL officially ban initially just discourage pursuing these type of athletes. If they come into the league with prior history set stricter standards while allowing those without history another chance once there are issues.

But a guy like Gregory who fails the drug test basically on his interview. Yea, maybe he should be banned or at least stipulations if he fails again he's gone which would discourage teams from using a draft pick on him.

And then with players like Ray Rice hopefully owners will stay away like they did with Hardy after we let him walk which gives me some hope the owners do have a line in the sand.
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#1423 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,298 posts

Posted Today, 12:41 AM

vDTbmbD.png

twitter.com/toddarcher/status/889998433544577024

• TrojanHawk likes this

anrVkUY.gif

#1424 TrojanHawk

TrojanHawk

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (Raised in Dallas) Irving StadiumTicket Holder

Posted Today, 01:32 AM

I don't think i can. he a hungy boy

441092_display_image.jpg141009-tyron-smith-350.jpg

#1425 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,683 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted Today, 02:31 AM

So let's summarize the issues facing Zeke:

1) An alleged domestic violence incident that went nowhere with the police and never a charge laid.  Yet...the investigation by the NFL in this case has taken longer than the guy in the grassy knoll investigation in the JFK shooting...What a load of crap, NFL has no business taking this long with it in an incident that the Police dropped months and months ago.  Witch hunt.

2) Speeding ticket.  Can I get a "who cares?"  I mean really, who cares.

3) A possible little punch up with a GUY at a bar in which the Police have already dropped investigating, because, quite frankly, they have better things to do than chase around people who may have been involved in a consensual fight at a bar.  Not sure what all the hub bub was about this one except that it is the off season.

4) the boobie exposure.  Very stupid and immature on Zeke's part but no where near worthy of a suspension, especially since the gal had no complaints.

Some act like the sky is falling.  Heck, the Cowboys of the 90's laughed at this stuff, that was child's play. Some people just need to calm down.

5. He was with his good friend, at a bar, that was arrested for illegally having a gun on him.

6. Walking into the marijuana store.

All of this within a year?

Some are saying how these are little things and how they themselves wouldn't change a thing. If it was them, they'd still do it. The problem with all of this is Zeke isn't simply representing Zeke. He stands for 52 other players here. One screw up and it effects all of them. The entire team could be hit hard. Is he giving this any thought?

Goodell doesn't give a care about your thoughts. He cares about the image of the NFL. Brady didn't have charges against him. Roeth didn't have charges against him. Neither were found guilty in court.They were suspended.

#1426 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,124 posts

Posted Today, 02:53 AM

5. He was with his good friend, at a bar, that was arrested for illegally having a gun on him.

Not a thing.

Not a thing.

Doesn't matter.

Some are saying how these are little things and how they themselves wouldn't change a thing. If it was them, they'd still do it. The problem with all of this is Zeke isn't simply representing Zeke. He stands for 52 other players here. One screw up and it effects all of them. The entire team could be hit hard. Is he giving this any thought?

*affects

He probably thinks about it as much as anyone else. Most likely that's why he hasn't done anything to affect his team.

Goodell doesn't give a care about your thoughts. He cares about the image of the NFL. Brady didn't have charges against him. Roeth didn't have charges against him. Neither were found guilty in court.They were suspended.

Brady affected the integrity of the game. Roethlisberger got off on rape because the prosecutor didn't have the balls to go to trial. Neither's situation compares to Zeke.

I like how all these people who don't want him suspended keep attempting to make the case for him being suspended.

#1427 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 24,557 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted Today, 03:31 AM

Not a thing.

Not a thing.

Doesn't matter.

*affects

He probably thinks about it as much as anyone else. Most likely that's why he hasn't done anything to affect his team.

Brady affected the integrity of the game. Roethlisberger got off on rape because the prosecutor didn't have the balls to go to trial. Neither's situation compares to Zeke.

I like how all these people who don't want him suspended keep attempting to make the case for him being suspended.

I don't want him suspended, and I don't think he SHOULD be, but I think he WILL be.

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#1428 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,683 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted Today, 03:32 AM

He probably thinks about it as much as anyone else. 

The exact problem. He isn't thinking. He doesn't care. Like I see many others wouldn't.

Most likely that's why he hasn't done anything to affect his team.

If you haven't figured out by now that Goodell is watching this crud, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Doesn't look like the prosecutor is going after Zeke. Doesn't compare? Odd. The ex is now talking again.

No, people just know Goodell. 

I don't want him suspended, and I don't think he SHOULD be, but I think he WILL be.

This ↑↑

#1429 Howard C

Howard C

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • LocationChapin, SC

Posted Today, 03:35 AM

The exact problem. He isn't thinking. He doesn't care. Like I see many others wouldn't.

If you haven't figured out by now that Goodell is watching this crud, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Doesn't look like the prosecutor is going after Zeke. Doesn't compare? Odd. The ex is now talking again.

This ↑↑

We all get that you want to see Zeke railroaded...

0cornell.jpg?ssl=1

#1430 Jipper

Jipper

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,653 posts
  • LocationBentonville, Arkansas

Posted Today, 03:59 AM

I'll be buying dak jerseys this year for my family over elliot.....bc dak has shown he's a leader that people follow and elliot wants to be a leader that people follow....

#1431 #1fanforever

#1fanforever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted Today, 04:07 AM

I'll be buying dak jerseys this year for my family over elliot.....bc dak has shown he's a leader that people follow and elliot wants to be a leader that people follow....

Yep. Dak leads by example . He's infectious and contagious. I bought my first gear since we moved to Arlington last year because of Dak. Dak gear.

I knew I was going to like him when I saw him show up in a bow tie. Watching him in the stands rooting on the Miss St womens basketball team was unbelievably exciting.

This kid does and says all the right things. It matters . People notice and gravitate to it. This is the best vibe I've had for our franchise since early 90's and it's because of Dak not Zeke.
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#1432 Buck_Bundy

Buck_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,281 posts

Posted Today, 04:14 AM

I like the vibe Jerry has, it's infectious and contagious and couragous. 

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

________________________________________________________________________________________

rides2.gif

#1433 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,124 posts

Posted Today, 04:16 AM

There's nothing to care about. He's done nothing worthy of suspension.

Has Zeke been suspended? If he does he should appeal.

It doesn't compare. Both have witness statements and Roethlisberger's case doesn't exactly say they were asked to lie.

This ↑↑

If Goodell is full of it tell it like it is. I don't see why we're calling out Zeke over non-criminal partying that at it's worst is boobs at a festival. He was seen with this woman days afterwards so it's reasonable she at least... forgave him. The front office and his teammates like him. He does some good stuff, too. How is "detrimental" defined by CBA?

Do other teams want a precedent like this? Bad press, non-criminal action = suspension? Should they suspend Cam for being a crybaby? Kaepernick for upsetting a sizeable swath of the audience? Eli for his face? FFS, this narrative is straight out of ESPN. I don't watch it but couldn't help read it on mute in a restaurant the other day. Why should they give a rat's ass about a dying network? The fans don't.

#1434 #1fanforever

#1fanforever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted Today, 04:26 AM

This is becoming a popular belief growing. It would be interesting for you to expand on why you think this .

Most of us haven't seen enough or as bad of conduct to warrant a suspension but there is a growing concern for his accumulative disregard for not being more cautious while still under investigation placing himself in situations almost like he felt he was above the law or like Jerry described living a " rock star" lifestyle which I certainly don't believe Jerry's comments helped Zeke case if anything seemed to promote a culture here that is more tolerant and almost jokingly about his conduct like a kid running into ditches was his anology. Unbelievable !!

#1435 Relayer

Relayer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts
  • LocationChristchurch NZ. (Go All Blacks)

Posted Today, 08:16 AM

Yes they can.  Any company can design their own rules and standards.

In the 60's and 70's, that's what they did but these were infractions like driving drunk and they hadn't had an accident or hurt anyone.

1) I have no problem with rules and standards. I do have a problem with the catch all detrimental conduct BS though.

2) Do you really think it was just DWI? How about they abuse a stripper at a private function? Or solicit a prostitute? Or got into a fight on a Saturday night? Or.... Now days any of those would get you suspended. But only after a year long investigation where they drag it through the media so they can make themselves look good. 

df67b5aa4480231bcae7b2779d91efa8261b01c8

The hardest hitter in football. :)

Darrell Royal

I might say this: we’ve always been a running team and I’m sure we will continue to be so. (We’ve been criticized for it, I might add.) But I’ve always felt that three things can happen to you whenever you throw the football, and two of them are bad. You can catch the ball, you can throw it incomplete, or have it intercepted.

#1436 Relayer

Relayer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts
  • LocationChristchurch NZ. (Go All Blacks)

Posted Today, 08:29 AM

I have 2 words for you... Fake autographs.

Not that I'm letting that effect me any more than I'm letting what's going on with Zeke effect me. I want them both to go out there and light it up every Sunday.

df67b5aa4480231bcae7b2779d91efa8261b01c8

The hardest hitter in football. :)

Darrell Royal

I might say this: we’ve always been a running team and I’m sure we will continue to be so. (We’ve been criticized for it, I might add.) But I’ve always felt that three things can happen to you whenever you throw the football, and two of them are bad. You can catch the ball, you can throw it incomplete, or have it intercepted.

#1437 Dstar

Dstar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,412 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx

Posted Today, 08:39 AM

Perhaps an over correction is necessary to send a message of lower toleration?

The bigger question is ; do we really want to clean this up or is the NFL simply presenting a perception the only concern is to protect their image from sponsors and fans which ultimately effects the revenue?

An "over correction" is not called for nor would it serve any useful purpose. No matter how hard you try, you're not going to beat these young guys into choir boys.

The NFL has guide lines and rules and properly so, but enough is enough. Establish some consistency, and stop stringing these investigations out for months while teams are trying to plan for their season. Get it done and over with or forget it!

• emmittstaubach and Relayer like this

Run Zeke Run!

#1438 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 24,557 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted Today, 12:03 PM

This is becoming a popular belief growing. It would be interesting for you to expand on why you think this .

Most of us haven't seen enough or as bad of conduct to warrant a suspension but there is a growing concern for his accumulative disregard for not being more cautious while still under investigation placing himself in situations almost like he felt he was above the law or like Jerry described living a " rock star" lifestyle which I certainly don't believe Jerry's comments helped Zeke case if anything seemed to promote a culture here that is more tolerant and almost jokingly about his conduct like a kid running into ditches was his anology. Unbelievable !!

I've already explained my reasoning in DOZENS of other posts, but I'll do it AGAIN. Most of us don't want to lose his skill on the field. Many of us think he's immature, and his "events" are poorly timed. Many of us think he SHOULD be punished in some way that would effectively say "think", but without hurting the whole team's on field effectiveness. And MOST of us think there is a HUGE group of people that want the Cowboys to fail, and who are "at war" with the profiteers. They either hate or are afraid of the Cowboys, and cling to the notion that the criminal Cowboys should be punished. Many of those people don't really care about the supposed infractions themselves, just the weakened team caused by those suspensions.

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#1439 Klooter

Klooter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts
  • LocationFar north of Dallas

Posted Today, 12:21 PM

I really don't care what Godell thinks about my opinion, this is a Dallas Cowboy forum where we express opinions and I'm expressing mine.  Are you under the illusion that somehow Godell cares about yours?

I'm not giving Zeke a pass.  I've stated numerous times he is immature and needs to grow up.  What I do stand behind is that he has done nothing that warrants a suspension and in some of the instances (domestic violence instance), the length of the NFL investigation is ridiculous and I believe, vindictive.

As far as what he is doing to the team, I agree.  If I was a vet on that team (ya...I know..in my dreams), I'd pull him aside, throw him up against a locker and tell him to smarten his @$$ up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users