1 reply to this topic

#1 alphas55308

alphas55308

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:37 AM

I am attempting to put together a trip to a game for my 80 year old father as one of his "bucket list" items. He has a hard time walking very far but no enough for a handicap placard. My wile will also be attending who has M.S. and does have a placard. There will also be 2 children ages 8 & 10 with a total of 7 of us.

I know that at a lot of events like his you end up parking 2 miles away. This is not possible with my family.

Who do I talk to or how do I get advice of how to get them to a game with minimal walking? Reserved parking is always sold out and and expensive. We'll 2 cars but only one with a handicap placard, so we'll likely get split up.

I can bring wheelchairs for both but then I need to have seats where these can be used or at least stored next to us, but still close to the rest of the family so we can enjoy this great experience together.

I don't have a lot of money so am trying to put together this once in a lifetime event for us on a budget. We'll be driving in and out the same day to avoid hotel costs.

If you have experience in this area, your input would be greatly appreciated. My entire family are huge fans from all the way back to the Landry era, so this is a really big deal for us.

#2 windham9

windham9

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

Wheelchair seating areas are in each area of the stadium. I suggest calling the ticket office for details. 817-892-5000

Once you have seats, try to buy a club parking pass for that side of the stadium.

Lot 4 is great for seats on the east side of the stadium.

Parking can be bought on ebay, TM & stubhub. Its worth it, I used to take my Dad before he passed.

Do it, buy the good parking. My memories of taking Dad are priceless. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users