84 replies to this topic

#1 buck8822

buck8822

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

Ok so we all remember the Dez Bryant touchdown, that would have led to us winning the Superbowl?

This last year, week 6 against Green Bay. 2nd down we are on G.B 2 or something. Beasley comes in motion from left to right passes Dak. Dak snaps the ball Beas turns up, Dak releases hits Beasly. Of coarse number 11 takes 2 or 3 steps dives ball comes out touchdown. Now I know the ball crosses the line but he was going to the ground. Just like Dez, just like Calvin Johnson.

https://youtu.be/DL5svfnvWpQ. Around 20 seconds.

https://youtu.be/uQxp-A5uvkA Dez catch

https://youtu.be/T19FUdG42EUand then this. It just seems the NFL doesn't know what They are looking at anymore.

BTW Cowboys 2016 season is on. Good we looked awesome

#2 OldSchoolBum

OldSchoolBum

Professional Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

I thought it was going to get overturned and ruled incomplete. Then the NFL changed their mind on what a catch was again.

• buck8822 likes this

#3 Howard C

Howard C

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationChapin, SC

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

This has beaten to death and then ground into burger on this forum
  • kskboys, oldschoolfan64, Beefmaster and 2 others like this

0cornell.jpg?ssl=1

#4 glimmerman70

glimmerman70

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,387 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

Ok so we all remember the Dez Bryant touchdown, that would have led to us winning the Superbowl?

This last year, week 6 against Green Bay. 2nd down we are on G.B 2 or something. Beasley comes in motion from left to right passes Dak. Dak snaps the ball Beas turns up, Dak releases hits Beasly. Of coarse number 11 takes 2 or 3 steps dives ball comes out touchdown. Now I know the ball crosses the line but he was going to the ground. Just like Dez, just like Calvin Johnson.

https://youtu.be/DL5svfnvWpQ. Around 20 seconds.

https://youtu.be/uQxp-A5uvkA Dez catch

https://youtu.be/T19FUdG42EUand then this. It just seems the NFL doesn't know what They are looking at anymore.

BTW Cowboys 2016 season is on. Good we looked awesome

Don't watch the end. It was a catch and they know it. Lions got screwed the week before. It was a hold. Refs made up for it.

"Big Ben Sucks, says ES!"  ES is smart...

#5 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,248 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

So you're saying the Catch that wasn't ,was or the Catch that was, wasn't. Fozzy Wozzy was a bear, fozzy wozzy had no hair, fozzy wozzy wasn't very fuzzy wuz he. Question is was the no catch a catch, or the catch a no catch and I thought Dwight Clarkes catch was "the Catch" :). With certainty, Fozzy was fuzzy :D

I wonder who comes off weirder to these knuckle heads me or you?

#6 Reid1boy

Reid1boy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

I was happy and fuming atte same time. What BS, he was clearly going to the ground while making that catch, ball came out....exactly like Dez play.... screw the NFL. make it simple, in control, 2 feet down... that a catch period

#7 Gregor__E

Gregor__E

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

That play was over immediately after it was over. It's time to move on to the next play.

By the way, that goes for every play after that. The only play that matters, is the next one.

• MistyAnn likes this

#8 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,030 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

So you're saying the Catch that wasn't ,was or the Catch that was, wasn't. Fozzy Wozzy was a bear, fozzy wozzy had no hair, fozzy wozzy wasn't very fuzzy wuz he. Question is was the no catch a catch, or the catch a no catch and I thought Dwight Clarkes catch was "the Catch" :). With certainty, Fozzy was fuzzy :D

..."I'm so confused!"... :wacko:

I wonder who comes off weirder to these knuckle heads me or you?

...Oh most definitely you!... :mellow:

• THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY likes this

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE

#9 buck8822

buck8822

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

It's just something to talk about until next week is all. If what Calvin did wasn't a catch, and what Dez did was going to the ground. What would Beasleys be labeled lol
  • buybuydandavis likes this

#10 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:12 PM

I saw some Dallas Cowboys football!  I'm happy.  I saw Green Bay.  Disgusting. 

#11 Bobhaze

Bobhaze

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,597 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, Tx.

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:48 PM

In all 5 seasons in which we won the Suoer Bowl, we won the Lombardi because we made plays consistently that led to winning in each big game. In other words, we won fair and square because we earned it. In all the other times we lost in the playoffs, we got beat fair and square, because the other team made plays when we didn't.

I have seen every down of every Cowboys playoff games in its entire history, and I can honestly say I can only think of 2 really bad ref calls that had a major impact on the game.

1. In SB XIII against Pitt, the pass interference call against Benny Barnes was a horrible call. It changed the momentum. Did it cost us the game? No. Pitt made more plays when they had to than we did. We had our chances but didn't make as many big plays as Pitt.

2. Against GB in the 2014 divisional playoff round- the "no catch" call. We've all talked this to death. If we had scored there, there is zero guarantee we keep Aaron Rodgers from scoring on us. The pack made two key first downs after the bad call when our defense could not stop them. We had our chances and just didn't make enough plays.

You don't win Super Bowls on luck and you don't lose because of bad luck either. Winners always find a way to win.
  • kskboys likes this

#12 glimmerman70

glimmerman70

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,387 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

In all 5 seasons in which we won the Suoer Bowl, we won the Lombardi because we made plays consistently that led to winning in each big game. In other words, we won fair and square because we earned it. In all the other times we lost in the playoffs, we got beat fair and square, because the other team made plays when we didn't.

I have seen every down of every Cowboys playoff games in its entire history, and I can honestly say I can only think of 2 really bad ref calls that had a major impact on the game.

1. In SB XIII against Pitt, the pass interference call against Benny Barnes was a horrible call. It changed the momentum. Did it cost us the game? No. Pitt made more plays when they had to than we did. We had our chances but didn't make as many big plays as Pitt.

2. Against GB in the 2014 divisional playoff round- the "no catch" call. We've all talked this to death. If we had scored there, there is zero guarantee we keep Aaron Rodgers from scoring on us. The pack made two key first downs after the bad call when our defense could not stop them. We had our chances and just didn't make enough plays.

You don't win Super Bowls on luck and you don't lose because of bad luck either. Winners always find a way to win.

Let's not forget the play that I think changed the game. The murray fumble. That was going to be a huge play. Possibly a td. At least a 20 yard gain. And a scoring drive.
  • Beaker42 and Flamma like this

#13 buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,854 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:07 PM

Everybody knows those were 3 catches. The NFL just can't fess up after the Dez UnCatch fiasco. In 5 years they will rewritten the rules so that catches like those will all be catches again.

And I think we probably lose the game at GB anyway. We would have left too much time on the clock. GB was strolling through our defense at that point, and strolled through them again when we needed a stop and they didn't even need a score. They would have marched down and scored if they gave us the catch.

Dead cap money is *dead*. It's not resurrected by keeping a guy on the team and paying him a salary this year, it is only pushed off onto a future year, and now you've added this year's salary to his cumulative cap hit. 

#14 glimmerman70

glimmerman70

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,387 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

Everybody knows those were 3 catches. The NFL just can't fess up after the Dez UnCatch fiasco. In 5 years they will rewritten the rules so that catches like those will all be catches again.

Yeah no matter that it possibly cost us the game In a season we could have won a ring. Makes you wonder if they are paid off sometimes. Crucial calls in crucial situations.

#15 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,068 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:13 PM

This has beaten to death and then ground into burger on this forum

It has also been eaten and puked up a thousand times.
  • Howard C likes this

#16 glimmerman70

glimmerman70

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,387 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

It has also been eaten and puked up a thousand times.

I choke on it every time someone brings it up. A SB ring will be the only thing that gets the taste out. But that murray fumble really started it.
  • Howard C likes this

#17 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,746 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:39 PM

Wow going to beat the horse some more. Some people are delusional if you think that call kept the Cowboys from number 6. There was plenty of time on the clock for Rogers you saw what he did this past season in a lot less time. You also had to go to SEA and beat the Seahawks they were a lot different and better team than the one Dallas beat earlier in the year. You accomplish that and you still have to beat the Pats in the SB.

As for the Beasley catch go read the rules about possession and crossing the goal line.
Nobody owes you anything life is what you make of it.

#18 buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,854 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:43 PM

Let's not forget the play that I think changed the game. The murray fumble. That was going to be a huge play. Possibly a td. At least a 20 yard gain. And a scoring drive.

Murray's fumble.

Bailey misses a fg. It was the point differential in the game. He was actually 1 of 3 for the playoffs in 2014. 

4 sacks on Romo, Leary involved in each, each of them contributed to loss of possession on that series of downs.

Not counting the final drive where GB ran out the clock, the defense gave up TDs on the final 2 drives, and a fg on the drive prior to that. 

We only stopped GB once in the second half, and only scored once in the second half.

Lots of blame to go around.

By the way, "choking" Tony had a 143.6 QB rating, *without* the UnCatch.

Dead cap money is *dead*. It's not resurrected by keeping a guy on the team and paying him a salary this year, it is only pushed off onto a future year, and now you've added this year's salary to his cumulative cap hit. 

#19 glimmerman70

glimmerman70

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,387 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:44 PM

Wow going to beat the horse some more. Some people are delusional if you think that call kept the Cowboys from number 6. There was plenty of time on the clock for Rogers you saw what he did this past season in a lot less time. You also had to go to SEA and beat the Seahawks they were a lot different and better team than the one Dallas beat earlier in the year. You accomplish that and you still have to beat the Pats in the SB.

As for the Beasley catch go read the rules about possession and crossing the goal line.

We would have beaten the seahags. We have there number as long as wilson is there qb. It was gonna be our year. But you are right about leaving rogers time. That's why I said the murray fumble hurt us more.

#20 glimmerman70

glimmerman70

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,387 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

Murray's fumble.
Bailey misses a fg. It was the point differential in the game. He was actually 1 of 3 for the playoffs in 2014.
4 sacks on Romo, Leary involved in each, each of them contributed to loss of possession on that series of downs.
Not counting the final drive where GB ran out the clock, the defense gave up TDs on the final 2 drives, and a fg on the drive prior to that.
We only stopped GB once in the second half, and only scored once in the second half.

Lots of blame to go around.

By the way, "choking" Tony had a 143.6 QB rating, *without* the UnCatch.

We absolutely dominated that team in the first half. Plenty of blame. But murray had a great year and also had fumbles at the worst times it seemed. As if there is a good time to fumble.

Seems our Defense that year and last year has a track record of not bringing it all game long. This year we brought it in the second half and shut him down. 2014 we brought it in the first half. To me that's coaching playcalls. Never stop what working no matter what they change. Make them make you change. Had Marinelli brought a extra guy like he did all last half of that game last year, rogers don't make that play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users