82 replies to this topic

#81 5 Lombardis

5 Lombardis

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

What I had issue with is that when they got in the red zone, they still had chances to get the 1st downs and instead took shots at the end zone and settled for FG, and the non call on Wittens mugging,and you just can't give Rogers 35 seconds to play with, jmo

I've posted it a zillion times, but the worst case scenario should have been last second FG and go to OT. 

#82 Rogers

Rogers

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,939 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:25 AM

I've posted it a zillion times, but the worst case scenario should have been last second FG and go to OT.

I don't think they were playing for worst case scenario. They were playing to win.
  • kskboys likes this

#83 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,783 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

I don't think they were playing for worst case scenario. They were playing to win.

It doesn't have to be either/or.  It needed to be both.  They could have still played to win while ensuring the worst case scenario was they kick a FG to force overtime.  Allowing the clock to keep running shortened the game but still allowed enough time to get into the end zone using smart play calling.  Atlanta pulled it off the next week, and NE almost did it in the SB but for a holding penalty.  Neither team allowed the opponent any time to match their score. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users