#2 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

And so many people were ready to hang him out to dry. Danggit.
  • One ✭ Star likes this

#3 Howard C

Howard C

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationChapin, SC

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

Yet another man being smeared by a wannabe gold digger...

Good for Mike.

• One ✭ Star likes this

0cornell.jpg?ssl=1

#4 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

And so many people were ready to hang him out to dry. Danggit.

And another woman who will not be held accountable for it. 

• One ✭ Star likes this

#5 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,020 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

...oh man...kind of handy that Irvin's friend owned the first bar,,, jus' sayin,

...I like the fact that she says she only had two glasses of wine at each bar!.....yeah right!.

...notice her friend had the sense to go home, and not go back to a hotel with two men...ahhhhh the nightlife!

...says she was feeling a little sick when she got to the hotel...

might of been a little hard to tell exactly which drugs were kicking in I suppose!.

...all-n-all...what a crock!... :mellow: 

• One ✭ Star likes this

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE

#6 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:04 PM

Listen Michael!  Listen, listen!  Do not follow Bill Cosby down that road!

• thestar4ever likes this

#7 joe_vato

joe_vato

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:08 PM

Why? Just why?

• Needmorerings and thestar4ever like this

giphy.gif

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A COWBOY!!!!!!!

#8 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

That's most of the guys opinion on Zeke too. I find it ludicrous that male fans can accuse women or hold them accountable for assault charges against men! The insane thing is, male fans dismiss Zeke's accuser then get all high minded when he does something childish like pull a girls top down at a party or gets in some bar room shoving match. IMO opinion, guys who do that are jealous and prolly have small minds to match the other appendage. I support Zeke in all of this EXCEPT his assault accusation. The law saw no basis and I'm all good with that. When the league put's it to rest I'll breath a sigh of relief. As for Irvin, no one could ever accuse him of being smart

I'll tell you what Principal, until you have danced in my shoes I wouldn't spout that ****. I like most of your posts but that one hits too close to home. I know you didn't mean that as a  personal attack and you're defending Irvin but PLEASE don't say things like that. It's insulting and just plain ignorant of women

I don't want to get into anything personal that could be upsetting to anyone so I will stick to it straight up and down here. People who make false or unfounded claims against people cause them damages. Imagine if Irvin had been fired, his name already took a hit. The same goes for Zeke if he is suspended and so on. This only goes for false or unfounded claims. I don't see anything wrong with saying that people that make false and unfounded claims should be held accountable for the damages their claim caused just like if a claim is substantiated the other person will be held accountable. These are people's live here. 

• Howard C, Needmorerings and 45yearCowboyFan like this

#9 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

Ok, I disagree vehemently but that's my right. You don't know that it's a false claim or unfounded. Some women are just afraid and I can promise you, not many unless also stars, can afford a lawyer of Irvins wallet size. That says so much about the law. The bigger the wallet the easier it is to intimidate with lawyers. Ask OJ, he was innocent. I see he's free now, let's all celebrate his innocence and freedom

You have a valid point.  I'm not going to celebrate anything positive for OJ though. 

• thestar4ever likes this

#10 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

Prolly cause he get's bored and he's looking for a little strange on the side. 

Ok, I disagree vehemently but that's my right. You don't know that it's a false claim or unfounded. Some women are just afraid and I can promise you, not many unless also stars, can afford a lawyer of Irvins wallet size. That says so much about the law. The bigger the wallet the easier it is to intimidate with lawyers. Ask OJ, he was innocent. I see he's free now, let's all celebrate his innocence and freedom

You also don't know if Irvin or Elliott's accusers are just liars or out for a money grab. Your comment goes both ways. The bigger wallet point doesn't matter either, if something is real. Ask Darren Sharper. 

The thing is we are supposed to presume innocence until proven guilty. Not the other way around. When it becomes the other way around then the system has failed. Mind you criminal cases go before a jury so its those people who decide if someone is guilty, innocent or not guilty not the lawyers, judges or DAs. 

#11 Howard C

Howard C

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationChapin, SC

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

That's most of the guys opinion on Zeke too. I find it ludicrous that male fans can accuse women or hold them accountable for assault charges against men! The insane thing is, male fans dismiss Zeke's accuser then get all high minded when he does something childish like pull a girls top down at a party or gets in some bar room shoving match. IMO opinion, guys who do that are jealous and prolly have small minds to match the other appendage. I support Zeke in all of this EXCEPT his assault accusation. The law saw no basis and I'm all good with that. When the league put's it to rest I'll breath a sigh of relief. As for Irvin, no one could ever accuse him of being smart

I'll tell you what Principal, until you have danced in my shoes I wouldn't spout that ****. I like most of your posts but that one hits too close to home. I know you didn't mean that as a  personal attack and you're defending Irvin but PLEASE don't say things like that. It's insulting and just plain ignorant of women

Have you falsely accused someone of a crime before? If not then why would it be too close to home? The videos from the hotel directly dispute her accusation therefore she is in fact lying...

Zeke's accuser was caught in a lie also. So how can you not support Zeke in his assault accusation if she is a proven liar??

0cornell.jpg?ssl=1

#12 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

Ok, this is not the place or right forum to debate this. I'd gladly sit down with you face to face and talk about it and share my experience but that will never happen so let's just say c'est la vie

This is not the place to discuss this issue. I won't discuss my personal life on here OR why it's close to home. Not gonna happen

Feel free to PM me. I'm sure your story is intriguing and I might offer you another perspective. Personal stories however jade a persons objectivity so I am less interested in that and more interested in perspectives. You stated something interesting that I would ask you about. 

#13 Howard C

Howard C

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationChapin, SC

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:50 PM

The bottom line is that that videos from the hotel showed that what she said was a load of BS... Therefore she's a liar and should be held accountable for falsely accusing him of a crime and attempting to smear his name. Period.
  • bob hayes, Master22 and 45yearCowboyFan like this

0cornell.jpg?ssl=1

#14 Master22

Master22

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationOlathe, KS

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:33 AM

The punishment for falsely accusing someone like this should be the same as what the accused would have faced to the fullest. 

Pink, I am sorry to hear that this subject hits close to home. I am glad however to hear that the problem seems to be an ex problem. 

I am with the above however that malicious actions on either side should be dealt with, we should not just let people make accusations like this in an attempt to ruin someones life or make some money. We really need to have the process of determining the facts of sexual assault with everyone remaining anonymous. As it stands right now, if you are accused of sexual assault or DV for that matter you might as well have actually done the crime. You will be treated as such and that will follow you for the rest of your life even if you are proven to be innocent. 

WARNING! I am a Romo and Dak Homer.

#15 Howard C

Howard C

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationChapin, SC

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:05 AM

Ok, this is not the place or right forum to debate this. I'd gladly sit down with you face to face and talk about it and share my experience but that will never happen so let's just say c'est la vie

This is not the place to discuss this issue. I won't discuss my personal life on here OR why it's close to home. Not gonna happen

I wasn't asking you to discuss your personal life. I was asking why you couldn't support our guy since his accuser was proven to be lying.

0cornell.jpg?ssl=1

#16 Howard C

Howard C

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationChapin, SC

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:09 AM

I know that there are actual victims out there and these people that lying about it are playing with serious fire. They are actively trying to destroy other people's lives.
  • InTheZone likes this

0cornell.jpg?ssl=1

#17 Relayer

Relayer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,613 posts
  • LocationChristchurch NZ. (Go All Blacks)

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:43 AM

I don't want to get into anything personal that could be upsetting to anyone so I will stick to it straight up and down here. People who make false or unfounded claims against people cause them damages. Imagine if Irvin had been fired, his name already took a hit. The same goes for Zeke if he is suspended and so on. This only goes for false or unfounded claims. I don't see anything wrong with saying that people that make false and unfounded claims should be held accountable for the damages their claim caused just like if a claim is substantiated the other person will be held accountable. These are people's live here. 

A false claim is not the same thing as insufficient evidence. If you made the accuser liable every time there was insufficient evidence to go to trial too many true victims would be afraid to report a crime and then become victims of the legal system being unable to pursue the case. Especially considering it's adding further emotional harm to the victim in that circumstance.

While I agree that it's not fair to the accused when it's false. Making it the responsibility of the accuser to prove the case against their assailant isn't the answer.

• Grandpaw_G_Bundy and thestar4ever like this

DIKeVbDVwAAGXQi.jpg

The hardest hitter in football. :)

Darrell Royal

I might say this: we’ve always been a running team and I’m sure we will continue to be so. (We’ve been criticized for it, I might add.) But I’ve always felt that three things can happen to you whenever you throw the football, and two of them are bad. You can catch the ball, you can throw it incomplete, or have it intercepted.

#18 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

"While I agree that it's not fair to the accused when it's false. Making it the responsibility of the accuser to prove the case against their assailant isn't the answer."

Say what?  That's the case in any criminal complaint, the assailant is considered innocent until proven guilty, you always have to prove your case.

• Howard C likes this

#19 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

"I'm an ex fan of Irvin the ex player. I appreciate that he came from a family of 12 children and and did great things on the football field. That's as far as my appreciation extends"

Same here...

#20 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

While I would agree that insufficient evidence shouldn't be the basis for a return action by the accused person, we have to acknowledge that there are people who see someone with fame, money, or both and see $$$ signs.  Women in our society are still largely viewed as "the weaker sex (should be gender, but that's another story)" and as such aren't immediately thought of as just trying to make money off the famous person, but that's exactly what happens in some cases...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users