#1 S L

S L

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:33 AM

Hello!

I created my account 11 Jan 2017 and have been awaiting validation ever since. Validation emails went nowhere. Or somewhere. Who knows. I finally got in by creating an entirely different email account and trying it.

But here's what you don't seem to know, forum meisters: New users in this boat have absolutely no way to contact anyone for technical support. Here's why - if you go to FAQs, Log in Troubleshooting, it magically says "if you are still having trouble [hyperlink Contact Technical Support], etc. etc.

And that opens an email addressed to forums@dallascowboys.net

And sending your plea for help gets you an auto reply. The absolute worst kind. The one from "postmaster@dallascowboys.net" that says the email address doesn't exist. Grr...

This page in the FAQ is found here - http://boards.dallas...roubleshooting/

If you go to the bottom of any page in the site and click on Technical Support, you get a sad page saying the site can't be reached. The URL for that is http://forms.dallasc...m?cat=Technical

So I'm finally in but I still have no idea why my main email address never received your validation emails. (Of course, I checked everywhere - and on all devices. And yes, I copied and pasted the email address from my profile on your site into an email to make sure there wasn't some goofy typo that I just couldn't see. Got that email! Never got yours.)

Just letting you know so that you can be aware of the misdirects to bad email and bad pages, and to point out the issue where people awaiting validation are completely locked out of contacting anyone on the forum or posting a 'help me' message anywhere.

Thanks for reading and I'm happy to answer any questions if you need any follow up. Hopefully this post gets approved, otherwise I guess I'm still talking to myself! :)

#2 oldschoolfan64

oldschoolfan64

• Moderators
  • 11,860 posts
  • LocationTexas Panhandle

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

Unfortunately, we have no control of that aspect as Moderators.We seem to have a hard time contacting Admins ourselves these days, and most of us aren't on the forum every day with it being the off season. Sorry for the delays and mix ups..hope you enjoy the forum.

Been a Dallas fan all my life...will remain a Dallas fan till I die.

#3 .G2.

.G2.

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,910 posts
  • LocationPJG Investigation Unit

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:28 PM

Then why have a feedback forum if no one can get in touch with the admins? Should just delete it. Then the mods wouldn't have to explain or apologize for something they have no control of.

• Capn b likes this

#4 bluesilver68

bluesilver68

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,813 posts
  • Locationis a place where someone can find you.

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

I bet JJ wouldn't like this BS. I bet the admins are a mix of  Seagull/Gnat/Foreskin fans.

80c65ad012248307f6c623cddbbb1e31.jpg

#5 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

This is my website and I tried to lock you out. It was no accident. You little worm.😎.lol.

Oh by the way I'm the full time B.S. artist and we don't need another. So watch yourself while on my site. Bubba.😅.lol.

#6 oldschoolfan64

oldschoolfan64

• Moderators
  • 11,860 posts
  • LocationTexas Panhandle

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:52 AM

Then why have a feedback forum if no one can get in touch with the admins? Should just delete it. Then the mods wouldn't have to explain or apologize for something they have no control of.

That would be nice...but we can't even delete this without an Admin.

• kskboys likes this
Been a Dallas fan all my life...will remain a Dallas fan till I die.

#7 .G2.

.G2.

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 20,910 posts
  • LocationPJG Investigation Unit

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

That would be nice...but we can't even delete this without an Admin.

I know man, it's gotta be frustrating. Not that you need MORE to do, but it would be nice. Things would be cleaned up for sure. I'm pretty sure they could easily empower one of you guys.

• oldschoolfan64 likes this

#8 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,575 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

I know man, it's gotta be frustrating. Not that you need MORE to do, but it would be nice. Things would be cleaned up for sure. I'm pretty sure they could easily empower one of you guys.

That kind of authority costs money and they're already paying me to shape public opinion.
  • Runwildboys likes this

#9 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 29,317 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

Nobody told me you guys validate when I came in! I've been using the parking garage three blocks away!!
  • Needmorerings likes this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#10 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

Nobody told me you guys validate when I came in! I've been using the parking garage three blocks away!!

That was you?  The next time, we'll stop and pick you up.

#11 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 29,317 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

That was you?  The next time, we'll stop and pick you up.

How do you know I'm not a serial killer?...........Don't worry, I'm not a serial killer.  

Can you come pick me up at the crime scene on 5th and Main?........Quickly??

wOZF2v4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users