You are here

Photo

PLEASE CAN WE TRADE MICKEY FOR A PLAYER TBD LATER???

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DSI

DSI

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

PLEASE!!!  He is Orlando Scandrick without the football talent.

Does everyone else feel the same way?????

He brings that show down, I really feel bad for Brian that he has to put up with him again.. Notice Derrick nevers puts him and Nick with Mickey when they reshuffle the lineup.. I don't blame you, my man!

Pay attention guys and gals.  EVERY comment out of Mickey's mouth is either a negative statement or some demeaning comment about a fan's opinion on Twitter.  That's why people stopped calling the show he is on... sad

Can we trade him for some used Tommy John underwear or some Papa John pizza????????

• PaulM, Stuck in New york and Dallas Darren like this

#2 PaulM

PaulM

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

He's too valuable as Jerruh's bull dog to ever be let go.

#3 DSI

DSI

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

Yes Spagnolia.. Just look at the frustration and body language of the other hosts... I bet he eats alone at the Star lol

#4 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

Heck I'd trade him for a bucket of ice.

#5 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,020 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

..Com' on Oz....Mickey's not that bad. ;)

I liked "Talking Cowboys" better the old way to tell you the truth...they replaced Nate "football" Newton with Brian "I want Kaepernick" Broadass...give me a freakin' break....anyway,

Like Mickey or not he is the glue that holds that show together...even the new one...IMMHO of course!...dance_1.gif

• PaulM and Needmorerings like this

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE

#6 krl97a

krl97a

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

In all sincerity Spagnola is awful on the radio. He's waging a never ending war against the fans and "everybody" in which he mostly swipes at straw man arguments. He acts like he's smart and "everybody" else is dumb, except that he's not bright and half the time he's contradicting his own past positions. Have I mentioned that he uses the word "everybody" a lot?

I enjoyed Broaddus and Spagnola being on different shows because I could just listen to the Break and not Talking Cowboys. Now that Derrick's moved Broaddus back to Talking Cowboys I've tried just listening to that a few times (no reason to listen to the Break anymore) but Spagnola is more irritating than this new, seemingly more restrained Broaddus is interesting, so it's just not working out.

Between eliminating the comments sections and tanking the radio shows this site is going downhill fast. 

#7 souporbowl

souporbowl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

I'm sorry but I cannot take him OR Broaddus....

Being objective - that is truly one of the most difficult things about being a Cowboy fan....

#8 Wrecker

Wrecker

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLow level Earth orbit

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

crying-babies-need-be-handled-mentally-h

#9 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,020 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:24 AM

In all sincerity Spagnola is awful on the radio. He's waging a never ending war against the fans and "everybody" in which he mostly swipes at straw man arguments. He acts like he's smart and "everybody" else is dumb, except that he's not bright and half the time he's contradicting his own past positions. Have I mentioned that he uses the word "everybody" a lot?

I enjoyed Broaddus and Spagnola being on different shows because I could just listen to the Break and not Talking Cowboys. Now that Derrick's moved Broaddus back to Talking Cowboys I've tried just listening to that a few times (no reason to listen to the Break anymore) but Spagnola is more irritating than this new, seemingly more restrained Broaddus is interesting, so it's just not working out.

Between eliminating the comments sections and tanking the radio shows this site is going downhill fast. 

...Funny how that is....but I rather enjoyed the old Talkin' Cowboys which included M.I.C.K.E.Y.

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE

#10 PaulM

PaulM

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:41 PM

Who is Mickey?

He's a longtime Cowboys fan and commentator for/about the team. I think he's paid by the Cowboys organization. He writes a weekly column for this website and he does some radio and TV shows too for the Cowboys.

Annually, right before Training Camp, he and a couple of other guys take a bus tour from Arlington, TX to Oxnard, CA. They make stops along the route; sign autographs, etc. until reaching Oxnard a day or two before Camp starts. They didn't do it this year b/c there was a tragic road accident last year that led to some people dying.

He's controversial for some fans b/c he seems to be in Jerry Jones' corner no matter what. You'll read stuff like, "Spagnola carries Jerry's jockstrap". Some believe he's demeaning of the opinions of fans. I think he does that with fans who he thinks have "dumb" opinions.

Some fans love him. Some don't. He has his defenders and his critics. You might soon form your own opinion of Mickey Spagnola.

• gamewatcher and Needmorerings like this

#11 Vincent Dwayne

Vincent Dwayne

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts
  • LocationYa Chic Crib

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

Release him.... 

Eagles
Are
Gonna
Lose
Every
Season
E-A-G-L-E-S

#12 sierramountaincowboy

sierramountaincowboy

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSonora, California

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:56 PM

Some like him, some don't indeed. I am in the "some don;t" camp. the man is condescending, a conversational bully and overall rude. I like a good debate as much as anybody however the  talking over others and yelling at times to drowned out what they say is too much. I have stopped listening to the show because of him.

• PaulM likes this

#13 PaulM

PaulM

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:52 AM

Some like him, some don't indeed. I am in the "some don;t" camp. the man is condescending, a conversational bully and overall rude. I like a good debate as much as anybody however the  talking over others and yelling at times to drowned out what they say is too much. I have stopped listening to the show because of him.

At one time, I was in the "some like him" camp. Then when Bill Parcells left, Spagnola criticized him once he was gone. I thought that if he had those particular opinions while Parcells was the HC, he should have shared them then; not after he left. That's when I switched over to the "some don't" camp.

Then afterwards, I noticed, in my opinion, that he is more about defending Jones and players than writing the truth. I didn't like how he defended Romo when Romo was the twin brother of Jay Cutler throwing all those picks, some of them pick 6s, and having a prolonged case of the fumblitis. I thought Romo was hurting the team; holding them back. But there was good ole Spags. defending him no matter what. He didn't need to call for his head; just tell the truth.

On a side not, Romo got better. He became a protector of the ball while still making spectacular plays. He did a good job in the later years of his career reaching the line but not crossing it. His late career stats show that.

#14 Why Jerry???

Why Jerry???

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:11 AM

I think the best you could hope for in return are some used socks. That guy is an idiot. I mean a real idiot. Every time he speaks you get the pregnant pause and then he breaks into what he believes is the most insightful comment possible. The reality is nearly everything he says is useless blather and usually wrong. It is stunning that a guy so devoid of talent is in his position.

faq3.jpg

#15 krl97a

krl97a

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Mickey just called out Taylor for saying "everybody", perhaps the most hilariously ironic moment in Talking Cowboys history. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users