17 replies to this topic

#1 Mwmlcu

Mwmlcu

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

Please replace Taylor Stern! She seems like a very nice person, and I wish her no ill will personally. But it's apparent almost every show that she doesnt know basic things about the Cowboys or football (today it was thinking Malik Collins was a defensive end), and that she struggles putting coherent thoughts together (read a written transcript of her words--painful). Today she also cut long time caller Nebby off early--something the show had never done!--and when she herself is often searching for words.
This is not a gender or age thing--I'm all for a diverse crew. It's just that it's clear she's in over her head. Please replace her!

#2 WTtoolman

WTtoolman

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:15 AM

Have you heard the Amber girl that is on "The Break?" It's painful to listen to her.

#3 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,138 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

...no comment!...pee_espn.gif

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE

#4 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

BetterinPinkorBlue needs to put in her application then. She has way more football knowledge then most females on TV or radio. Heck I'd even choose BetterinPinkorBlue over Thestar4ever when it comes to football concepts and sentence structure. And I'm pretty sure NorthernCowboyNation would agree with me.😅.lol.

#5 ryanaustinh

ryanaustinh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

Please replace Taylor Stern! She seems like a very nice person, and I wish her no ill will personally. But it's apparent almost every show that she doesnt know basic things about the Cowboys or football (today it was thinking Malik Collins was a defensive end), and that she struggles putting coherent thoughts together (read a written transcript of her words--painful). Today she also cut long time caller Nebby off early--something the show had never done!--and when she herself is often searching for words.
This is not a gender or age thing--I'm all for a diverse crew. It's just that it's clear she's in over her head. Please replace her!

I'm sorry but no offense to Nebby, it's just bad radio to put him on air.

#6 .G2.

.G2.

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,910 posts
  • LocationPJG Investigation Unit

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

I'm sorry but no offense to Nebby, it's just bad radio to put him on air.

Not to be a dick, because I mean no disrespect...But I fast forward through his call ins because it's frustrating to try and listen too. If that were me (and in no way am I saying anyone should be) I would email or tweet the question.

• thestar4ever likes this

#7 Leonlettfamily

Leonlettfamily

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:14 AM

HELLO MY FAMILY IS LEON LETT I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THERE IS A WAY 2 GET IN TOUCH SAY HELLO OR ANYTHING ?? WELL I JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD ASK THE WORKLD WIDE WEB!!! B SAFE AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY NO MATTER THE OUTCOME THANK YOU 4 THE TIME READING ...

• MistyAnn likes this

#8 Rowan

Rowan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

BetterinPinkorBlue needs to put in her application then. She has way more football knowledge then most females on TV or radio. Heck I'd even choose BetterinPinkorBlue over Thestar4ever when it comes to football concepts and sentence structure. And I'm pretty sure NorthernCowboyNation would agree with me..lol.

I just spit coffee on my monitor. You owe me a pack wipes to clean it now.  :lol:

• winstar likes this

Hey, just to clear things up ... I'm NOT Rowan Kavner, so it's okay to be disrespectful if you don't like my opinion. And yes, I'm a girl. Everybody have their answers now? LOL!

#9 LandrysHat

LandrysHat

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,893 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

I think Taylor does a fine job.  She wasn't hired because she is a football guru, she's more the social media person.

• .G2. and MistyAnn like this

another-one-bites-the-dust.jpg

#10 MistyAnn

MistyAnn

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationGalway Bay

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

I think she is probably very nice to work with, and has some good things to say, she probably does more work behind the scenes that we don't see or can appreciate. She has a dream job, I wouldn't like to begrudge her that.

• .G2. and LandrysHat like this

I

Love

Dallas

#11 Vincent Dwayne

Vincent Dwayne

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • LocationYa Chic Crib

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:27 AM

Have you heard the Amber girl that is on "The Break?" It's painful to listen to her.

I LOVE her accent... :wub:

• .G2. likes this

Eagles
Are
Gonna
Lose
Every
Season
E-A-G-L-E-S

#12 PaulM

PaulM

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

Lindsay Draper knows her stuff.

• .G2. likes this

#13 #0 Da Boy

#0 Da Boy

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces New Mexico

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:09 AM

the website is great. the only issue I have is I don't know how to post a new topic. Could you please help me. But I give you and your team props. I can only imagine how complicated it must be to stay on top of all the data that comes and goes via your site. The appearance is great, it is easy on the eyes and it simply makes me just want to search all the information being offered to a user. There has been no freezing up or slowness of streaming. GREAT SKILLS BEHIND THE SCENE. THANK YOU!

#14 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,080 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

the website is great. the only issue I have is I don't know how to post a new topic. Could you please help me.

At the appropriate forum you wish to post a new topic in, click the button that looks like this: CKz35X6.png

• .G2. and charleshaleyfan like this

#15 Why Jerry???

Why Jerry???

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

Huh - I think she is solid.  She improved a lot over the past couple years and is pretty insightful.  She also is a bring home to momma type of lady - which does not hurt.  

faq3.jpg

#16 Edgevoice

Edgevoice

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

I really liked Kelsey Charles and greatly miss her.  She had a very sweet way about her and gave intelligent opinions when appropriate as well as stayed out of the way when necessary.  When Taylor first hopped aboard, she drove me absolutely nuts.  She came off, quite frankly, as clueless.  She also appeared condescending by always saying to her co-hosts "Yeah, you're right", as if she is the be-all know-all authority on whatever subject is being discussed.

However, as time has passed, she has worked very hard to get herself up to speed.  She does better as a host, rather than a commentator, as she is doing now.  She seemingly doesn't appear to be as defensive or take herself so seriously.  She's better when she lightens up.  I give her a lot of credit for coming a long way in a short period of time.  I'm not much for social media, but she is a tireless worker for the Cowboys in that department.  

#17 Chazer

Chazer

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

I don't understand what the fuss is about. I was very concerned when Kelsey Charles went off the air because I really liked the element she brought to the shows, but Taylor has been great. Like any other communicator she had to develop her own rhythm but I think she truly has it now and serves as a great counter-point to the super intense Broaddus and Spagnola (great guys... wouldn't listen without them, but boy, they can really get heated when trying to make a point).

As for her cutting of Nebby, we do not know why she did it... maybe they were due a break, but usually she has been patient and compassionate of his own situation, so I think she deserves the benefit of the doubt, as we do not know the entirety of the circumstances (by the way, whomever said Nebby is bad radio strikes me as not being a very nice person.)

She also seems to have a good relationship with the players, so she also brings a different perspective of them, as the gives us some insight into their personalities, rather than their football acumen, which I truly appreciate.

And last but not least, part of the reason we get spoiled with continuous tweets, instagram photos, and videos like Deep Blue and Finishthefight, she has a significant role in those as well.

#18 WTtoolman

WTtoolman

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:26 AM

What ever happened to Kelsey Charles, anyway?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users