You are here

Photo

I cannot stand this new forum system. Have stopped reading.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Blackstar5

Blackstar5

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationEast Coast U.S.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

I used to read the articles every morning and really liked the comments at the bottom of each article. This forum system loses the true comments of the articles.  Not sure who's idea it was to switch and what the reason was but since, I have only checked in once, now, to leave this message that I now don't even really read the articles very much. 44 year Cowboy fan.  

• krl97a, BigBlueStarNation and 45yearCowboyFan like this

#2 nhcowboyfan

nhcowboyfan

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

I absolutely agree with you 100%.  The reason why the format was changed was because someone determined that the number of spammers trying to sell the rest of us on how we could all stay home and make $500 an hour was unacceptable.  Rather than trying to monitor the problem and maybe eliminate it or reduce it, they have made contributing our opinions on this website inconvenient.  I used to enjoy reading the commentary on an article by Brian Broaddus, Nick Eatman, or Micky Spagnola; and as you stated, generally the commentary reflected the point of the article.  Now we are in blog hell, where anyone can start a thread, most of them meaningless, and it's just an opportunity for a handful of fans to chat amongst themselves. 

• 45yearCowboyFan and thestar4ever like this

#3 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

The good thing about not having comments at the end of articles is it made me log on. So you lost the comments but you gained me. That's an even trade right?😆.lol.
  • thestar4ever likes this

#4 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

It's inconvenient to have to read the articles, then switch over to this forum, so yeah it sucks.

Worse that that is that these blogs don't stay up but for an hour or so, mostly, then disappear.  If you don't post immediately after it's put up, many times nobody ever comes back to it.  Not always the case, but usually.  I don't hang on the site for hours a day, when I have a few minutes at work I get on, but if the post has been up for a while, as soon as I post a comment the whole thread is gone...

#5 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationChatham, ontario

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

Anyone can create a thread. That's a double edge sword but we get more than the DCC writers slant and that's a good thing. What I don't like is that there are often three threads about the same thing going on and you have to read through all of them to see others thoughts. Some are funny, some are negative, some get down right dramatic and who needs that, there is enough drama in life without reading it on here. I think the mods should apply a rating system *** Caution may include drama, angst and anger. Viewer discretion is advised :)

#6 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,085 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

This isn't a new system, this message board was here the entire time. When you posted on the articles, you were actually posting on this message board in the News forum. So the articles use to be linked to this message board.

The administers had to remove access from the articles to this message board, because the bots were exploiting a loophole that allowed them to create unlimited accounts that didn't require them to be approved by moderators. That allowed them to spam the news articles without impunity and thus spam this message board's News forum.

If you want to discuss anything Cowboys go to the Dallas Cowboys forum: http://boards.dallas...-cowboys-forum/

But if you want to discuss dallascowboys.com articles go the News forum: http://boards.dallas.../forum/28-news/

And this is the thread where all the guys that posted on the news articles post: http://boards.dallas...-sunday-jan-15/

Welcome to the message board outside of the News forum. Enjoy your discovery of the full official message board.

Qm9qBfi.jpg

#7 BigBlueStarNation

BigBlueStarNation

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMarion, KY

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

Totally agree about the new format, but that said, I was one of the people that hated seeing all the trolls and spammers on our site.  I have cut back a lot as far as posting comments since the change, but I am going to try my best to get over it and start posting again.  I miss some of the interesting comments and conversations that I had with my Cowboys Family.  GO 'BOYS!!!!!

#8 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,020 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

...Fascinating!... :mellow:

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE